Basic Review of some thinks about FossaPup and EasyOS

Amigodetux

Basic Review of some thinks about FossaPup and EasyOS

Post by Amigodetux »

ReviewPuppy.png
ReviewPuppy.png (82.9 KiB) Viewed 591 times

Obs: --A good integration of an office suite, such as LibreOffice or other opensource software, with ready multimedia functionalities is perhaps one of pending and fundamental pieces of the success of any linux distribution. --Wireless or wired connectivity with the internet or external devices is another important factor. --EasyOs and Fossa are diferent oriented distros with great capabilities. --The visual appearance might be trivial in many situations but it is like food, the attraction comes with the eyes in the first contact. --It would be interesting that from the Distros themselves, there was an application to collect and display statistics based on questions to the user (not intrusive collection of information) about the operation of the software.

Respectfully,

Amigodetux
Linux - Home User
:thumbup2:

Clarity

Re: Basic Review of some thinks about FossaPup and EasyOS

Post by Clarity »

Hi @Amigodetux

Nice report of your Thinkpad, the importance you show.

I have a question AND a line item that I would add if using the form for couple of my PCs.

Question
Does "Capable of saving..." nullify PUP's session saving feature for this report?

Would Add 2 items that refer to ease of use in today's world of PCs and monitors

• Easy setup sound over HDMI as an OOTB feature? ??? ??? High

• Easy setup nVidia driver? ??? ??? High

Thanks for your report

Amigodetux

Post by Amigodetux »

Clarity wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:58 am

Hi @Amigodetux

Nice report of your Thinkpad, the importance you show.

I have a question AND a line item that I would add if using the form for couple of my PCs.

Question
Does "Capable of saving..." nullify PUP's session saving feature for this report?

Would Add 2 items that refer to ease of use in today's world of PCs and monitors

• Easy setup sound over HDMI as an OOTB feature? ??? ??? High

• Easy setup nVidia driver? ??? ??? High

Thanks for your report

Hi! Thanks for reading me

About "Capable of saving": It does not nullify at all because session saving is a daily task. I included that line as a significant difference between both distros. Here is more information about it https://easyos.org/user/easy-version-up ... grade.html -I am still testing some things-
They are advanced options that must be stratified according to the need, whether it is a beginner user who may just want to recover a moment in which he had his distro well tuned or someone who needs to take a complete snapshot of the system to install or share it. Anyway, I think all distros should have that kind of functionality, especially portables.

I agree regarding the ease of setting up sound and video! are always important aspects.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Amigodetux wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:05 pm

About "Capable of saving": ... more information about it https://easyos.org/user/easy-version-up ... grade.html

OK, that is Barry's alternative to session-saving employed in his EasyOS. So the PUPPY manner is an equivalent, yet lacks the ability for "roll-back" that you refer.

Thanks for clearing that for my understanding.

In looking over the forum, the one place where a complete and similar manner of session-save with roll-back is in @jamesbond and @kirk FATDOG where a user has the ability to use "multi-session" as a means of accomplishing the same ability. The Multi-session approach is a bit more expansive in that you can choose at boot time to not use a session OR you can erase an "unwanted" session on desktop. Multi-session saves can be directly to your choice of media. NOTE: This technology does NOT exist in Puppy Linux's session-save technology.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

For Puppys - You can save your session at any given time to an sfs file and keep that for record purposes. Of course, if you want to load it as part of your system in future, you will have to boot it as an additional drive like an adrv or whatever.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”