https://www.fontspace.com/collection

tosim

Re: Font Collection

Post by tosim »

Thanks. Looks like a very good site.

mikeslr

Re: Font Collection -- often needed fonts

Post by mikeslr »

Combined, your OS and Word-processor applications already provides many fonts. But if your going to share a document, or read one shared by someone else, you or your recipient may be left staring at gibberish if the fonts used are not already on the system displaying the document.

While working on another project I had occasion to research and download the most commonly employed fonts, or more precisely 'font-families'. Many 'fonts' actually consist of a series of files, i.e. normal, bold, italics, light, etc.

You may not need any or all. But I figure it wouldn't hurt to have them. And if you do need them having them all in one place will save a lot of searching and downloading.

You can obtain the 'fonts-frequent' tar.gz here, https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ya13exf ... ar.gz/file. Unpacked, you'll find 140 files. To use any, decompress the tar.gz and from the extracted folder drag the desired font into /usr/share/fonts and select copy.

If you are using wine-portable, after winecfg has run, you'll find that a folder has been created on your storage medium: wine-portable/wine-data/drive_c/windows/Fonts. Your programs running under wine-portable will make use of any fonts you've copied there.

Wine (not portable): I'm guessing that fonts can be copies/used-from /usr/share/wine/fonts.

I'm also guessing that symbolic links between the above mentioned folders may be possible.

Return to “Eye Candy”