QuickPup 21.04 [RETIRED, succeeded by QuickPup64]

Moderator: Forum moderators

+Me

Re: QuickPup 21.04

Post by +Me »

Thanx Mistfire 4 your Reply, I've Followed your instruction ( which I've Never done before, Run-as-Root I mean ;-)), Much less errors, but az yoU can see AnyDesk still doesn't start, I Wundered if perhaps it might be related 2 the Bash Error on the 1st line of the Terminal, so I've been on a Bash Crash course ( Never done that B4 either )
Here's the bash File Contents, I Dunno what's wRong w/ it now or How 2 Fix it or if it's got Anything 2 do w/ AnyDesk Not working?

#!/bin/csh
# Environment path variables for the Qt package:
if ( ! $?QT4DIR )
then
# It's best to use the generic directory to avoid
# compiling in a version-containing path:
if ( -d /usr/lib/qt )
then
setenv QT4DIR /usr/lib/qt
else
# Find the newest Qt directory and set $QT4DIR to that:
foreach qtd \( /usr/lib/qt-* \)
if ( -d $qtd )
then
setenv QT4DIR $qtd
endif
end
endif
endif
set path = \( $path $QT4DIR/bin \)
if ( $?CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH )
then
setenv CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH $QT4DIR/include:$CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
else
setenv CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH $QT4DIR/include
endif

I Did Edit it so that then started on it's own line ( Originally it was 22 lines long now it's 26 )

Please Help & Thanx!

;-)K

Attachments
Quickpup Bash Syntax Error Screenshot_2021-09-15_12-38-45.png
Quickpup Bash Syntax Error Screenshot_2021-09-15_12-38-45.png (21.56 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
All Blacks Rule
williams2

Post by williams2 »

The file /etc/profile.d/qt4.csh is not a bash script.
It is a C-shell (csh) script.

Scripts in /etc/profile.d/ are sourced (executed) by bash when bash runs /etc/profile.

But bash does not understand csh scripts.

an "unexpected end of file" syntax error can occur if a bash "if ... then ... fi' construct is missing the "fi" at the end.

In the csh scripts there are no "fi"s because csh uses "endif" not "fi"

Which is why there is the bash syntax error.

That csh script should not be there.
Unless Quickpup has C-shell installed.

mistfire

Post by mistfire »

williams2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 am

The file /etc/profile.d/qt4.csh is not a bash script.
It is a C-shell (csh) script.

Scripts in /etc/profile.d/ are sourced (executed) by bash when bash runs /etc/profile.

But bash does not understand csh scripts.

an "unexpected end of file" syntax error can occur if a bash "if ... then ... fi' construct is missing the "fi" at the end.

In the csh scripts there are no "fi"s because csh uses "endif" not "fi"

Which is why there is the bash syntax error.

That csh script should not be there.
Unless Quickpup has C-shell installed.

Just delete /etc/profile.d/qt4.csh. QuickPup was suceeded by QuickPup64. The PPM on QuickPup64 automatically deletes unsupported profile.d scripts.

+Me

Post by +Me »

G'day Mistfire, I'm Planning 2 install this on 14 x Old 2014 intel Acer C720 KromeBooks that aRe Ltd w/ 2 GB OnBoard RAMemory & can't be upgraded so there's No point in installing a X64-Bit OS. After Upgrading the BIOS w/ MrChromeBox Firmware.

However 1st I Need 2 install AnyDesk & SMTube & then ReMaster it, so that being the case I Need Help getting AnyDesk working Please. Of course I've only just Learned How 2 Run-as-spot, But AnyDesk still doesn't start ( & Missing its icon in the Network Sub-Menu ) az Confirmed w/ the attachment. Furthermore AnyDesk should work seamlessly & without the Need of the Newbie User 2 Type su spot, cd ~ into the Terminal. I Hope this can be done w/ a Correctly placed Script that I may Need Help w/

Please Help & Thanx

;-)K

Attachments
AnyDesk in Terminal on Quickpup 21.04 Screenshot_2021-09-17_18-27-58.png
AnyDesk in Terminal on Quickpup 21.04 Screenshot_2021-09-17_18-27-58.png (10.66 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
All Blacks Rule
mistfire

Post by mistfire »

+Me wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:54 am

G'day Mistfire, I'm Planning 2 install this on 14 x Old 2014 intel Acer C720 KromeBooks that aRe Ltd w/ 2 GB OnBoard RAMemory & can't be upgraded so there's No point in installing a X64-Bit OS. After Upgrading the BIOS w/ MrChromeBox Firmware.

However 1st I Need 2 install AnyDesk & SMTube & then ReMaster it, so that being the case I Need Help getting AnyDesk working Please. Of course I've only just Learned How 2 Run-as-spot, But AnyDesk still doesn't start ( & Missing its icon in the Network Sub-Menu ) az Confirmed w/ the attachment. Furthermore AnyDesk should work seamlessly & without the Need of the Newbie User 2 Type su spot, cd ~ into the Terminal. I Hope this can be done w/ a Correctly placed Script that I may Need Help w/

Please Help & Thanx

;-)K

1. Just look for Anydesk desktop file in /usr/share/applications and edit it with text editor.
2. Replace the "Exec=" part with run-as-spot command. For example:

Code: Select all

Exec=run-as-spot Anydesk

or create a custom script and specify the script in Exec= part of anydesk desktop file

Exec=<path to your custom script>

example

Exec=/usr/bin/anydesk-spot.sh
+Me

Post by +Me »

Thanx Mistfire 4 your Help, I Opened the AnyDesk.desktop icon File from /usr/share/applications & Edited it w/ Leafpad, like so Exec=/usr/bin/anydesk-spot.sh & also Tried Exec=run-as-spot Anydesk

Created a Shell Script @ that Location ie. /usr/bin/ Containing #! /bin/sh su spot cd ~ & Made it eXecutable. But it's Not working from either or Both The Network Sub-Menu & Terminal ( No Terminal Output Errors )

What have I done wRong?

Please & Thanx

;-)K

All Blacks Rule
mistfire

Post by mistfire »

+Me wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Created a Shell Script @ that Location ie. /usr/bin/ Containing #! /bin/sh su spot cd ~ & Made it eXecutable.

No wonder why your script didn't work. The script you made was changing the home directory. No more else. You forgot to add anydesk command. Also the custom script must put in /usr/local/bin after you make the script executable

+Me

Post by +Me »

mistfire wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:44 pm
+Me wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Created a Shell Script @ that Location ie. /usr/bin/ Containing #! /bin/sh su spot cd ~ & Made it eXecutable.

No wonder why your script didn't work. The script you made was changing the home directory. No more else. You forgot to add anydesk command. Also the custom script must put in /usr/local/bin after you make the script executable

Sorry Mistfire, I don't understand what yoU'Re saying... The script you made was changing the home directory, Please Clarify How or what 2 Do 2 Fix it? Thanx

You forgot to add anydesk command, Where & How? Please

Please & Thanx

;-)K

All Blacks Rule
mistfire

Post by mistfire »

+Me wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:47 pm

Sorry Mistfire, I don't understand what yoU'Re saying... The script you made was changing the home directory, Please Clarify How or what 2 Do 2 Fix it? Thanx

You forgot to add anydesk command, Where & How? Please

Please & Thanx

;-)K

1. First replace run-as-spot script in /usr/sbin with this improved version attached on this post. Dont forget to remove .txt extension and set permission to executable.
2. Now enter this code to your bash script. REPLACE YOUR CODE ENTIRELY WITH THIS ONE.

#!/bin/sh
exec run-as-spot anydesk
Attachments
run-as-spot.txt
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Return to “Puppy Derivatives”