Old Forum incomplete misc part-thread captures

Moderator: Forum moderators

wiak

Old Forum incomplete misc part-thread captures

Post by wiak »

You can currently download get_SomeOldMurgaForumThreads_wiak01.tar.xz.sh from here: https://weedoglinux.rockedge.org/viewto ... p=275#p275 (just remove the dummy final .tar)

'Disclaimer': mainly just old DebianDog threads, but includes large part of "Gtkdialog Tips" thread and also "YAD tips" thread, so maybe just of interest to 'developers' as Mike below says.

Make downloaded script executable with: chmod +x get_SomeOldMurgaForumThreads_wiak01.tar.xz.sh

and run it from an empty directory with: ./get_SomeOldMurgaForumThreads_wiak01.tar.xz.sh

This script downloads a directory containing some old thread captures, some more complete than others.

For example, though not up-to-date, Gtkdialog Tips thread is in the resulting SomeOldMurgaForumThreads directory.

The download is around 4.8MB compressed and the script automatically uncompresses it for you.

wiak

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

mikewalsh

Re: Old Forum incomplete misc part-thread captures

Post by mikewalsh »

@ Will:-

I think we need a section specifically for developers, don't we? Because this package of yours - cheers for those, BTW - is all developer-type stuff, isn't it? Useful for those of you who are developers, or playing around with your own stuff, but it's not really "general user" instructional material, I wouldn't have thought....

Or maybe re-locate to "CuttingEdge" perhaps....or somewhere else? Not sure about location, TBH.

Just thinking out loud here..!

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sorry, I thought a lot of people here played with gtkdialog and yad (gtkdialog tips thread is complete till a year ago, as is the yad tips one), and a lot of threads are almost complete old DebianDog threads. It took some time putting together and I thought it might be very useful so published it. if the consensus, howeve, is that it is of limited use I'll remove the download so as not to confuse non-developers. I will think of a better place to store it then - perhaps on github.

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

Moved it to HowTo on weedoglinux forum, since we will use it there; if anyone here wants to download a copy feel free whilst it is there. Yes, it is mainly stuff I was interested in so old DebianDog threads (for example XenialDog32 and earlier) and also, as i said, much of the Gtkdialog Tips thread (but not later stuff) and similarly for people who wish to develop with Yad.

I will reserve an area on weedoglinux forum for any other thread capture contributions anyone wants to provide there.

wiak

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@ Will:-

I'm probably contrary to most folks - I usually am! - because although GTKdialog is native to just about every Linux distro out there, I find it hard work. Much prefer YAD myself.....but, that's just me.

(Don't take too much notice of any criticism I make. The main thing is that it's available somewhere easily accessible, should it be needed.... and I'm quite certain somebody will need it at some point, probably sooner rather than later. Anyways, why would I criticise you? You're one of our good guys! :thumbup: :D )

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

wiak

Post by wiak »

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:46 pmalthough GTKdialog is native to just about every Linux distro out there, I find it hard work. Much prefer YAD myself.....but, that's just me.
No issue Mike.

Actually, gtkdialog GUI creator program (as opposed to the underlying GTK+ same-named whatever) is not well-supported by any major distro nowadays (though I do somewhat maintain my own fork 'gtkwialog'). Hence I feel it is correct to favour YAD or alternatives (I like IUP Lua for example, which is from one source in Brazil, but well-maintained and supported). You will find YAD-tips threads in that compressed directory I uploaded (but doesn't include latest old-forum YAD-tips), and as I say, I'm keeping the resource available/maintained for download wherever I store it (and probably just keep it on weedoglinux forum).

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

dancytron

Post by dancytron »

Downloaded these.

Thanks a lot.
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

wiak wrote:You can currently download get_SomeOldMurgaForumThreads_wiak01.tar.xz.sh from here: https://weedoglinux.rockedge.org/viewto ... p=275#p275 (just remove the dummy final .tar)
Very, nice, thanks!

Fred
01101001b

Post by 01101001b »

wiak wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:50 pm You can currently download get_SomeOldMurgaForumThreads_wiak01.tar.xz.sh from here: https://weedoglinux.rockedge.org/viewto ... p=275#p275 [...] includes large part of "Gtkdialog Tips" thread and also "YAD tips" thread, so maybe just of interest to 'developers' as Mike below says.
Amazing work, wiak! :thumbup2:
For the record, I am interested and I'm no developer ( :geek: ) ;)
wiak wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:34 pm a lot of people here played with gtkdialog and yad [...] It took some time putting together and I thought it might be very useful.
Well thought indeed and I couldn't agree more: It IS useful.
wiak wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:34 pm if the consensus, howeve, is that it is of limited use I'll remove the download so as not to confuse non-developers.
Say whaaaaaaatt?? :shock:
Nah, relax... nobody is confused for something they don't care or need. Moreover, we already lost a forum with years of valuable info :( Please, let it be.

Thank you so much! :thumbup:

''Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like [...] It's not [...]. Design is how it works.'' -- Steve Jobs

Return to “Upgrade/Backup”