Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

DuckStation - new PlayStation 1 aka PSX emulator

Post by Grey »

DuckStation compiled in Fossapup. Brand new, fast and arguably the best PSX emulator(PlayStation 1) at the moment.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/pEI0OhYhL36f0A
For audio, except SDL can use Cubeb - Firefox’s backend audio system. For video - OpenGL and Vulkan. A lot of different settings. You can change themes, there are cheats and memory scanner and 13 interface languages.
I'm a big fan of emulation in general and PSX in particular. Therefore, I liked the emulator, although I have not played with it a lot yet. But of course I tried Castlevania: Symphony of the Night :) :

duckstation.jpg
duckstation.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

Menu>>Fun>>DuckStation
Bios can be put in /root/.local/share/duckstation/bios/
In the /opt/DuckStation/ folder there is a common-tests file, which can be run in the command line to conduct 21 tests for errors in the system if emulator does not work.
In addition, in the same folder there is an alternative launcher duckstation-nogui. Despite the name, the GUI is there :) :

duckstation_0.png
duckstation_0.png (48.4 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Flycast - Sega Dreamcast, Naomi and Atomiswave emulator

Post by Grey »

Flycast 1.0 compiled in Fossapup. Flycast is a Sega Dreamcast, Naomi and Atomiswave emulator based on Reicast.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/f1rosgb1pBlROQ
Menu>>Fun>>Flycast
BIOS and Flash Rom must be placed in /root/.local/share/reicast/data/

flycast_bios.png
flycast_bios.png (15.9 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

I ran Resident Evil - Code: Veronica and it was quite playable:

flycast.png
flycast.png (223.65 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Alternatively, you can try Redream. The free version heats processor like an iron, but it works :) It differs from the paid one in the lower quality rendering and the number of saves per game.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

DOSBox-X

Post by Grey »

DOSBox-X v0.83.14 compiled in Fossapup.
DOSBox-X - fork of the DOSBox with a good interface(GUI) and many other interesting features.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/RfyjV-d2VdlANA
Menu>>Fun>>DOSBox-X
Interesting features: GUI menu bar and built-in graphical configuration tool, Pentium Pro and MMX instructions, support for 3dfx Voodoo chip and Glide emulation, improved Windows 3.x/9x emulation, save and load state support, etc...
Shaders are located in /usr/share/dosbox-x/glshaders/ You can load shader via Video->Select OpenGL (GLSL) shader. Shaders look especially good in full screen mode(I like CRT-shaders).
Note. DOSBox-X uses F12 key as the host key. Puppy uses the same key to bring up the menu. This can be changed in Main->Select host key. Or(a little more complicated) in Main->Mapper editor.

dosbox-x_0.png
dosbox-x_0.png (54.07 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
dosbox-x.png
dosbox-x.png (124.55 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

Grey

CoolReader - fast and small eBook reader

Post by Grey »

CoolReader 3.2.56-1 compiled in Fossapup. CoolReader is fast and small XML/CSS based eBook reader. Supported formats: FB2, FB3, EPUB, TXT, RTF, DOC, TCR, HTML, CHM, PDB, MOBI, Open Document files.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/jULa33Ms3FB2Dg
Menu>>Document>>CoolReader3
Finally, laziness receded and I compiled a version with support for FB3, Open Document files and SVG :)
I recommend setting the tx_fabric page style in the settings - it doesn't seem to strain your eyes.
Book content (FB2, EPUB, RTF), reading books directly from ZIP, automatic TXT reformatting, text encoding and format recognition, text highlighting and search, one or two pages in landscape mode, and much more.
An interesting fact. In Russia, the most popular format is FB2(FictionBook). Mainly because pirated librariesImage use this particular format, but nonetheless :) Therefore, the program provides full support for FB2: CSS styles, tables, footnotes at the bottom of the page, settings for fonts, colors, line spacing, indents, hyphenation.

And the second fun fact. Take a look at the cover of the Robocop book. In the 90s, the insidious Russians published the books Predator-3 :!: , Commando and RoboCop, and on the cover they indicated a fictional author named Arthur Quarry. In fact, the books were written by a team of authors to make money. But everything is strictly according to the films. Well, except for the third Predator, of course :) And this is not an isolated case :)

coolreader.jpg
coolreader.jpg (167.67 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

tosim

Re: Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Post by tosim »

Thanks a lot for this "Cool Reader".

Grey

AzPainter

Post by Grey »

The third version of the wonderful AzPainter has been released.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/BZBkUKLpZzxbVA
Menu>>Graphic>>AzPainter
AzPainter is mainly a full color painting software for illustration drawing. This is not suitable for dot editing. Since the color is handled with 16 bit color(15 bit fixed point number) internally, the accuracy of color rises, but the memory is consumed correspondingly.
But it is possible without color :) Where is the tail? Mmmm... Inside the spacesuit. Now there is a crisis, we must save valuable material :)

cosmopuppy_1.jpg
cosmopuppy_1.jpg (172.19 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

dellus

Post by dellus »

What is "dot editing" ?

Grey

Post by Grey »

dellus wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:34 pm

What is "dot editing" ?

Pardon for my English :) In Russian, this roughly means "highly accurate editing". In other words, this is a drawing program, not for "right now I will edit a photo with a kitten for a blog" :)

Grey

CDemu - emulator of optical drive and disc

Post by Grey »

Windows has Daemon Tools. And we have CDEmu. More precisely, we almost have it :) I put together an experimental Pet here. Version 3.2.4, which is the penultimate one. The last 3.2.5 works badly and for now I decided to spit on it.

Menu>>System>>gCDEmu. Click on the icon in system tray and mount disk image to the virtual drive. If after mounting the optical disk icon does not appear on the desktop, then use mount that is already on the desktop or Menu>>Filesystem>>Pmount

In addition to the optical drive emulator, the package includes an interesting(not for everyone) utility Image Analyzer, with which you can analyze the structure and content of disk images. I decided to let him stay. For its work, you need Python module matplotlib and its dependencies, so installer will download and install them during installation - do not be alarmed by the terminal window that comes out.

Thanks to the libMirage library, the program supports an impressive number of disk image formats:

cdemu.png
cdemu.png (162.12 KiB) Viewed 1554 times

joet12345

Re: CoolReader - fast and small eBook reader

Post by joet12345 »

Grey wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 am

CoolReader 3.2.56-1 compiled in Fossapup. CoolReader is fast and small XML/CSS based eBook reader. Supported formats: FB2, FB3, EPUB, TXT, RTF, DOC, TCR, HTML, CHM, PDB, MOBI, Open Document files.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/jULa33Ms3FB2Dg
Menu>>Document>>CoolReader3
Finally, laziness receded and I compiled a version with support for FB3, Open Document files and SVG :)
I recommend setting the tx_fabric page style in the settings - it doesn't seem to strain your eyes.
Book content (FB2, EPUB, RTF), reading books directly from ZIP, automatic TXT reformatting, text encoding and format recognition, text highlighting and search, one or two pages in landscape mode, and much more.
An interesting fact. In Russia, the most popular format is FB2(FictionBook). Mainly because pirated librariesImage use this particular format, but nonetheless :) Therefore, the program provides full support for FB2: CSS styles, tables, footnotes at the bottom of the page, settings for fonts, colors, line spacing, indents, hyphenation.

And the second fun fact. Take a look at the cover of the Robocop book. In the 90s, the insidious Russians published the books Predator-3 :!: , Commando and RoboCop, and on the cover they indicated a fictional author named Arthur Quarry. In fact, the books were written by a team of authors to make money. But everything is strictly according to the films. Well, except for the third Predator, of course :) And this is not an isolated case :)
coolreader.jpg

I've been looking for a simple ebook reader in linux and I have so far settled on Okular.

I tried this one and it does not show in "SEtup > Default Application Choser"

nor does it list all mu ebooks....which reminds me I need to read them...I do more downloading than reading :lol:

Attachments
2021-06-14_23-22.jpg
2021-06-14_23-22.jpg (253.13 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
Grey

Re: CoolReader - fast and small eBook reader

Post by Grey »

joet12345 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:28 am

nor does it list all mu ebooks....which reminds me I need to read them...I do more downloading than reading :lol:

You have half of the files there in PDF(do not confuse PDF and PDB/PalmDoc) :) For PDF use qpdfview. CoolReader is not for this format.

666philb

Post by 666philb »

hi @Grey ,

thanks for all these contributions!!! i will find some time and add them to the repo :thumbup2:

cheers

Grey

Post by Grey »

666philb wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:24 pm

i will find some time and add them to the repo :thumbup2:
cheers

Hi. But it's probably better not to add cdemu yet :)

Grey

Qmmp v1.5.0+30 skins+projectM+plugins

Post by Grey »

Qmmp audio player v1.5.0 + plugins + projectM + 30 skins (my little collection :) )
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/woAWd3S2GlJyFg

projectM - the most advanced open-source music visualizer based on MilkDrop.
ProjectM turns on like this: right click on player window and Visualization->ProjectM
Controls in ProjectM: F - full screen, N - next effect, P - previous effect or M - select an effect.
I tested the effects(281! :) ) on singer Cyndi Lauper and her 1983 album She's So Unusual - the effects look good with the song Girls Just Want To Have Fun :)

DOUBLE player size: right click on player window and View->Double Size
You can change skins like this: right click on player window and Settings->Appearance->Skins

qmmp-1.5.0.png
qmmp-1.5.0.png (149 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
qmmp-1.5.0_skins.png
qmmp-1.5.0_skins.png (273.74 KiB) Viewed 1526 times

Grey

Handbrake transcoder

Post by Grey »

I almost forgot. HandBrake - open source video transcoder:
viewtopic.php?p=28130#p28130

Grey

GPU benchmarks

Post by Grey »

The other day I checked the work of two benchmarks of video cards in Fossapup. Both work.
Let's start with the simpler GFXBench. Download it. Make it executable - Right click>>Permissions>>a+x Next, you need to accept the conditions - once R and twice Y. In the resulting unpacked folder, run start.sh script. Benchmark will offer to download additional files from its server, on different computers this is a different amount of files. What to do next, I think you will figure it out for yourself.

The second - Basemark GPU - is more interesting(because both Vulkan and OpenGL, plus draws good 3D graphics). Download it. Weighs more than a gigabyte :!: Now unpack it. Run in folder from the command line with the command ./basemarkgpu --no-sandbox. It is best to choose the Custom test, otherwise it will test in 4K resolution. If you have a laptop in which video card uses shared memory and the memory is less than 8 gigabytes, the results can be unpredictable. If you have a discrete graphics card, then you can even download additional 3D graphics assets in the program itself.
As I expected, OpenGL 4.5 wins the battle against Vulkan 1.0 so far. But lower versions of OpenGL can't beat Vulkan:

basemark_gpu.jpg
basemark_gpu.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 1450 times

Grey

Inkscape v1.1

Post by Grey »

Inkscape v1.1 in .sfs. You must know what it is in any way :) Now with the initial settings window. Some functions are smoother.
SFS: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0Tlmx5fwrzI2CQ

inkscape_1.1.png
inkscape_1.1.png (346.14 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

wiak

Re: Inkscape v1.1

Post by wiak »

Grey wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:47 am

Inkscape v1.1 in .sfs. You must know what it is in any way :) Now with the initial settings window. Some functions are smoother.
SFS: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0Tlmx5fwrzI2CQ

inkscape_1.1.png

Yes, some nice new improvements in latest Inkscape release. Thank goodness for the following - having to remember to press Export button in previous Inkscape png saves was a real pain...

https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.1/

It is no longer necessary to remember to click on 'Export' in the PNG Export dialog, as the exporting will already happen after the click on 'Save' in the file selection dialog.

I use Inkscape for pretty much everything graphics related - gimp is excellent for pixel-based images of course and far more tricks for that, but for general scalable use or design archive I absolutely prefer the scalable vector-based drawings Inkskape provides and of course you can drag and drop a pixel-based drawing and embed it on your overall inkscape creation (on inkscape canvas) if you need it, and can export out rasterised png versions of anything so-created too when that is more appropriate for your final needs.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

666philb

Post by 666philb »

thanks @Grey inkscape added to quickpet

Grey

Sneedacity

Post by Grey »

Let's decide right away - we don't know yet what will be the official replacement - Sneedacity or Tenacity or some other bullshit. This is a warm-up to see how it compiles in Fossapup.

Sneedacity compiled in Fossapup is a replacement for Audacity, caught in a spyware scandal. Installed in /usr/local because release candidate. Then we will update when the stable version is available. The main thing is that it compiles.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/etEEPizoVazFLw
Menu>>Multimedia>>Sneedacity

Sneedacity.png
Sneedacity.png (121.48 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

666philb

Re: Qmmp v1.5.0+30 skins+projectM+plugins

Post by 666philb »

Grey wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:17 am

Qmmp audio player v1.5.0 + plugins + projectM + 30 skins (my little collection :) )
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/woAWd3S2GlJyFg

projectM - the most advanced open-source music visualizer based on MilkDrop.
ProjectM turns on like this: right click on player window and Visualization->ProjectM
Controls in ProjectM: F - full screen, N - next effect, P - previous effect or M - select an effect.
I tested the effects(281! :) ) on singer Cyndi Lauper and her 1983 album She's So Unusual - the effects look good with the song Girls Just Want To Have Fun :)

DOUBLE player size: right click on player window and View->Double Size
You can change skins like this: right click on player window and Settings->Appearance->Skins
qmmp-1.5.0.png
qmmp-1.5.0_skins.png

hi @Grey was going to add this to the repo but for some reason it doesn't shut down properly, leaving stuff runnig and i have to use the task manager to kill

Grey

Re: Qmmp v1.5.0+30 skins+projectM+plugins

Post by Grey »

666philb wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 pm

hi @Grey was going to add this to the repo but for some reason it doesn't shut down properly, leaving stuff runnig and i have to use the task manager to kill

Hi. I know there is such a problem when running in Qemu (due to projectM). But in a real system, there is no problem. Have you tried it in a virtual machine by any chance?

Grey

Geeqie with support for video thumbnails

Post by Grey »

Geeqie 1.6 compiled in Fossapup with support for video thumbnails using ffmpegthumbnailer.
First you need to install ffmpegthumbnailer. Then Geeqie itself:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/qcAVHpZ_EE0Pzg
Menu>>Graphic>>Geeqie
Go to the settings: Edit>>Preferences>>General and adjust the size of the thumbnails. In addition, here we put a tick on the Expand menu and toolbar:

geeqie_fossapup_1.png
geeqie_fossapup_1.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

Then go to Edit>>Preferences>>Files and put a check mark on the required video formats (OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT SEE NOT ONLY MINIATURES, BUT EVEN THESE FILES YOURSELF).

Now right click in the lower left corner and select Show thumbnails OR View as Icons:

geeqie_fossapup_0.png
geeqie_fossapup_0.png (5.15 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

That's all guys!

geeqie_fossapup.jpg
geeqie_fossapup.jpg (127.38 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

joet12345

Post by joet12345 »

Grey, thanks :thumbup: :D :thumbup2: I will test it this weekend....right now I am occupied with other stuff...

Not sure about others, but for me, it is essential because I have lots of social media videos downloaded like this = jkhdfsd.mp4, ewiruhihwe.mp4, muygjhsadf.mp4....you get the idea. I have watched them all and have them saved in my hard drive....a thumbnail reminds me of what the video is about :D

Grey

Retroarch 1.9.6

Post by Grey »

Retroarch 1.9.6.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0PCbt0Okgz7pMw
Menu>>Fun>>RetroArch
Includes Assets and information about cores. The rest (cheats, configurations, shaders and so on) can be loaded via Main Menu>>Online Updater.
After the first start, be sure to configure the audio output via Settings>>Audio>>Output - set alsa instead of pulse.
The interface can be changed through Settings>>Drivers>>Menu. There are 4 options, but the most used are ozone and xmb (reminiscent of the PS menu). I prefer the xmb menu and use my joystick (okay, gamepad) to control it.
Bios for consoles and computers can be found for example here. There it is in Russian, but the name of the device is in English and you will definitely understand the word BIOS(upper left corner of the screen). BIOS files by default should be placed in /root/.config/retroarch/system/, although directory can be changed in the settings.

retroarch-1.9.6.png
retroarch-1.9.6.png (193.55 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

666philb

vidcutter

Post by 666philb »

vidcutter added to the repo ..... quite a nice small & quick video clipper/editor. this is probably small enough to be added to the next ubuntu based pup.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... x86_64.pet
https://github.com/ozmartian/vidcutter

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@666philb is this video utility a candidate for FossaPUP64 Repo or future base?

Also reported on forum, HERE.

666philb

Post by 666philb »

Clarity wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 pm

@666philb is this video utility a candidate for FossaPUP64 Repo or future base?

Also reported on forum, HERE.

that seems more of a specialist live broadcast mixing tool.

Snowmix is NOT an application, but rather a highly advanced and specialized tool.

Grey

EQUINOX-3D

Post by Grey »

EQUINOX-3D by Gabor Nagy in sfs.
3D modeling, animation, photorealistic rendering, photorealistic VR content creation, CAD/CAM, 3D printing, laser-cutting and much more. Fully integrated ray-tracer.
EQUINOX-3D is shareware software, meaning that you can download and install it on as many computers as you want, as long as all the author information is left intact.
It is mostly open source already. About 80% of the source code is included in the package and author planning to make it buildable soon.
If you like the program, send the author $50.
Important! The program is designed to work with proprietary drivers, so be prepared for surprises when using open source drivers.

Menu>>Graphic>>EQUINOX-3D
SFS: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/DSNuMpDo4-ibAQ

Equinox-3D.png
Equinox-3D.png (188.73 KiB) Viewed 1569 times

Grey

Fuse - the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator

Post by Grey »

Fuse - the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator. Compiled in Fossapup, in SFS format. v1.6.0.
Sound emulation falls short of Unreal Speccy, but otherwise a great ZX emulator (Interesting filters, Kempston mouse, Covox, Recreated ZX Spectrum Bluetooth keyboard, etc).
GTK+ https://disk.yandex.ru/d/9L9YGEiGIOOeqw
SDL https://disk.yandex.ru/d/BqnuEaom3-YfMQ
Menu>>Fun>>Fuse (GTK+) or Menu>>Fun>>Fuse (SDL)
I have prepared two versions. The GTK + version uses GTK and ALSA for video and sound, but only works in windowed mode (use filters wisely, Options>>FIlter...). The SDL version uses SDL for everything, but it can work in full screen mode. I added ROMs to emulate Russian clones like Pentagon and Scorpion ZS 256 (so you can play games like Black Raven and UFO 1 and 2). Do not forget to select the desired ZX model from menu after launch (Machine>>Select...). In SDL version, the main menu (ZX style ;) ) is called by the F1 key (other F keys call up different submenus, the letter highlighted in blue indicates the hotkey).

I also compiled the (console) utilities for working with tape and disk images, so they can be run from the command line. You can get help thanks to --help. The list is attached:

fuse_utils.png
fuse_utils.png (35.5 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

GTK+

FuseGTK+.png
FuseGTK+.png (106.7 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

SDL

FuseSDL.png
FuseSDL.png (18.07 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

Return to “Fossapup64”