AppImage script set

Moderator: Forum moderators

FloraMae

AppImage script set

Post by FloraMae »

I've made some new scripts to help me learn more about AppImages, help me make better scripts, and to help others make use of AppImages.

View/Download: To download the whole set, click the "popout" icon below then click the download icon on the top right area.

README:

This is a script set meant to make use of AppImages.

In the Applications folder, will be the .AppImages

In the makers folder are scripts to make AppImages

In the fetchers folder are scripts to fetch official AppImages

The util folder contains utility scripts not generally meant to be directly used

If you want puppy to show a nice icon for AppImages, find a png file image that is maybe 32x32 or up to 256x256. Then right click on a .AppImage file and go to "Set icon" and choose the option to set for all AppImages or just that one.

This script set is basically to help make use of AppImages and to help me learn to make better scripts overall.
No warranties, no promises. Things may break over time.
License is basically do whatever.

If you want to check out my other scripts or .pets or similar:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 4CUTEeBvPr

List of included makers and fetchers will vary with time. Use the above viewing to see what it contains. If the link ever changes, you should be able to find new link by going to the link in my forum sig and then going to Scripts folder.

EDIT: Forgot to add that you can extract the contents of an AppImage and run it. To extract an AppImage, use the command argument --appimage-extract when running the AppImage via command line.

Return to “AppImages, Snaps and Flatpaks”