Triton9.1

Moderator: Forum moderators

petihar

Triton9.1

Post by petihar »

A new puppy: Triton9 for everyone, but particularly targeted at the French-speaking world: Africa, Belgium, Switzerland, Monaco, Quebec, France etc...
A neat design, choice of seven popular browsers, numerous online applications, over 300 French-speaking tv channels.
Based on radky's BookwormPup64_10.0.4, this little Linux has all the bells and whistles!
Amusez-vous bien avec Triton9 :thumbup2:

Updated 5 April 2024 ---> Triton9.1 https://petihar-triton.weebly.com/

petihar

Clarity

Re: Triton9.1

Post by Clarity »

Hello @petihar

petihar wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:41 pm

A new puppy: Triton9 for everyone, ... Based on radky's BookwormPup64_10.0.4 ...

Is this PUP a "remaster" of BKWP64 or built from WoofCE? Not sure what you mean by "based ..."

Curious

petihar

Post by petihar »

Hello, yes this PUP is a "remaster" of BKWP64 ;)

pupuklok

Post by pupuklok »

The iso files are not bootable . Most puppylinux iso,s are bootable but this distro can not boot at all . When opened the iso with poweriso it says that the iso is not bootable .
Must i burned the iso or what else? No information how to use the iso . That is important information . The author did not give any information at all.

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

pupuklok wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm

The iso files are not bootable . Most puppylinux iso,s are bootable but this distro can not boot at all . When opened the iso with poweriso it says that the iso is not bootable .
Must i burned the iso or what else? No information how to use the iso . That is important information . The author did not give any information at all.

I used two methods which were successful. From the “Puppy Installer” on BionicPup64, I was able to install it on a USB key and everything started. Another option, decompress the ISO from an OS on my laptop and copy the files to a USB key formatted in FAT32 (on the same laptop)

Born to lose; live to win

petihar

@ pupuklok

Post by petihar »

Hello pupuklok, thank you for your feedback. I'm discovering this problem with you and can't see what's "wrong" at the moment. Your comments will help us to improve the product, and if you have any ideas on how to do that ... I'd love to hear from you! I'll try to have a close look at this as soon as possible, but unfortunately I won't be able to get to it before the end of the month.

Best regards petihar.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

This product would be useful for evaluation or use by a larger audience, if released as an 'bootable' ISO file or IMG file.

It does not appear to be targeted to a general audience and the OP does not state the audience it intends. Looking at this offering, it contrast with traditional distros in the forum. Trying to envision its purpose is mired.

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

Clarity wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 pm

This product would be useful for evaluation or use by a larger audience, if released as an 'bootable' ISO file or IMG file.

It does not appear to be targeted to a general audience and the OP does not state the audience it intends. Looking at this offering, it contrast with traditional distros in the forum. Trying to envision its purpose is mired.

This is a Puppy dedicated to French speakers. She is mainstream. The ISO is available and nothing is stopping you from trying it and expressing your opinion. It is no more contrasting than many Puppy remasters.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Thanks @BologneChe
Have you tried the path in this thread's OP?

YOur response does NOT result in a path for testing its ISO. Maybe you might want to share a proper pathway if this thread is for member guidance on this General Forum.

I did go here where its button only got a Sourceforge webpage which is circular and not yielding the ISO. Can you correct?https://petihar-triton.weebly.com/teacu ... ement.html

Attachments
Triton.jpg
Triton.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 739 times
BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

Rantanplan

Post by Rantanplan »

@Clarity
@BologneChe

new path to test Triton-9.1.1
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5keuk2ir ... 1.iso/file

This version would resolve the iso bootable issue...

Will you can confirm, please ?

Thank a lot.

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

Rantanplan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:36 pm

@Clarity
@BologneChe

new path to test Triton-9.1.1
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5keuk2ir ... 1.iso/file

This version would resolve the iso bootable issue...

Will you can confirm, please ?

Thank a lot.

I did a test under Virtualbox as well as a bootable version from dd. Without success unfortunately. :(

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

This distro is design to hop on your network seeking a PXE server. And, it does so; but unable to find what it is looking for.

This community may not be the right community OR this thread must fall under an area that does not currently exist on the PLDF forum.

Further there is no instructions of how this actually works.

Confusing.

Return to “Puppy Derivatives”