How to boot an .iso from USB?

Moderator: Forum moderators

boof

How to boot an .iso from USB?

Post by boof »

I need to boot from my usb tethered lmobile via an iso. The mobile is android 8.1. Set at downloads what is the boot USB syntax BLS?

mikeslr

Re: How to boot an .iso from USB?

Post by mikeslr »

boof wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:04 pm

I need to boot from my usb tethered lmobile via an iso. The mobile is android 8.1. Set at downloads what is the boot USB syntax BLS?

Emphasis supplied.

Do you actually mean what you wrote? To use any operating system that system has to have the drivers and firmware for the hardware and a kernel that will use such drivers and firmware. Where did you get the idea that any Puppy could be run from any Android device? Unless you've 'mixed apples with oranges'.

It may be possible to run some Linux (maybe even a Puppy) using an Android's equivalent of 'Virtualbox, VMWare, etc. and installing Puppy into such virtual machine. If so, your best bet for obtaining information about booting Linux would be from the creators/publishers of that Android App.

Google "deploy Linux under android".

boof

Re: How to boot an .iso from USB?

Post by boof »

Thx, we worked it out . Put echdroid on fone, connect
pH and USB into hub and write iso to USB and write iso as an operational system. Boot
bionic from USB to move the damaged savefile.
Remove usb. I put in too much vr stuff that wasn't
Wayland and it wouldn't boot fully.
reboot the PC and move the savefile, fhen boot it fully
it'll take a few hrs I expeçt. Then I have to prefer
wayland somehow and set it up.
All advice welcome.
edit 1
system working, using small, new savefile. will install BionicPup4-8.0
as dual boot, in case another rescue is needed. thx all.. i finally had
to format an ext 2 partition to install the file systen via mobile to usb.

edit 2
FE-96-CE-9.6 [puppylinux] I need a split screen image i can click on and off. I do not know which files to download, as there appears to be a choice of desktops. i downloaded xwayland but do not know how to stop using x11. all advice gratefuly received, if not understood. I'm still a noob, and need detailed instruction. thx.

Return to “F96-CE”