Seems nothing provided as information from the Internet can be trusted to be true

bigpup

Seems nothing provided as information from the Internet can be trusted to be true

Post by bigpup »

Over the last few weeks news reports have been showing how AI powered web searches or question answers, are completely wrong.

From give me a list of all the presidents of the United States.
President Donald Trump is not one it.
It shows President Biden as the 45th President not the 46th.

Asking to show images of people from the history of the United States.
The images show as black or dark skin people.
No images of white skin people.

If anything is using AI to do anything, you can forget me ever trusting it to be true! :!: :thumbup:

Are these people using us to do their testing of their AI software? :roll:

Sure seems to be a lot of, no testing at all, before they release it to be used!

Or is this really the bad information, they really want us to get :?: :roll:

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

sonny

Re: Seems nothing provided as information from the Internet can be trusted to be true

Post by sonny »

And let's not forget this!

wizard

Re: Seems nothing provided as information from the Internet can be trusted to be true

Post by wizard »

Always the problem: "Garbage in, garbage out"

And, let's not forget that a large portion of the population have "artificial intelligence" :lol:

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

bigpup wrote:

Or is this really the bad information, they really want us to get :?: :roll:

it is a purposeful brainwashing and rewriting history all rolled into internet searches, especially for young eyes to see and young brains to absorb

even replyint to a thread on this forum has a type of low-level brainwashing going on, the forum provides multiple devils as an icon choice but no God or Jesus as an icon choice, the agenda always pushes in the same direction and people are so accustomed to that agenda that the subtle nudges go unnoticed

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

If you have an issue with the forum.

Make a topic here to discuss it:
viewforum.php?f=127

Forum Global Moderator

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

bigpup wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:34 pm

If you have an issue with the forum.

Make a topic here to discuss it:
viewforum.php?f=127

Mentioned it as a comparison of a subtle form of manipulation, same as google users don't see the manipulation that you were pointing out. People are blind to what sits directly in front of their nose.

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

bigpup wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Sure seems to be a lot of, no testing at all, before they release it to be used!

Of the users you interact with on this forum, what percentage do you figure are human and what percentages AI bots?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Without derailing the OP's concern, I opened this thread viewtopic.php?t=10814

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

williwaw wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:34 am
bigpup wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Of the users you interact with on this forum, what percentage do you figure are human and what percentages AI bots?

i see a lot of this type...

that is an interesting question concerning bots on this forum and brings up interesting security implications, i suggest visiting look here! as a good source for that type of seo product.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

@dogcat
If that look here is suppose to be a link to something.
It is not providing it.

Forum Global Moderator

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

bigpup wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:43 pm

@dogcat
If that look here is suppose to be a link to something.
It is not providing it.

I just made a dead link on purpose, was my example of a bot type people interact with on the forum.

i am not a productive bot because my link is broken

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

dogcat wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:32 am

i am not a productive bot because my link is broken

lol
I guess some of the earlier machine intelligence programs have been approipated by spammers. I see them quite often late at night. Thanks for the attentive mods, as they are typically cleaned up in the morning.

But I do recall reading somewhere a while back, (sorry, I cannot remember where), that as "AI" programming increased/improved, that the devs often chose forums as test projects to see how much their "AI forum member" could carry on a conversation with a human, presumably to solve a problem or learn something.

Some of the firsttime posters here at puppylinux have made me wonder, especially as they hit and run, never to be seen again.
Can an AI forum member navigate to the help section? read up on something its knows nothing about? Follow instructions to supply relevant info before asking a question?

the current state of the "AI" art, at least as presented in the media, seems that AI is able to carry on a simple conversation (with albeit highly technical subject matter).
In a highly complex conversation, where skipping past the mundane is required and offering a counter arguement to an assertation, or addressing the crux of a problem, not so much.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

So far I think the security question keeps AI Bot's from registering on their own. They need a human operator to register on this forum. First answer some question then receive and respond to the registration email.

What if soon though the AI bots can analyze the security questions and provide an answer?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

For those who want to know: If you have an ID with Google, in its URL line on your browser while logged on, type 'Gemini' (without the quotes, of course).

See for yourselves what this is all about and ignore the media. Then, here in puppyland with understanding, you will not be the tail being wagged.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”