Can't install wine because of libelogind0

a very small Live CD shaped to look and act like Puppy Linux.

Moderator: fredx181

Luluc

Can't install wine because of libelogind0

Post by Luluc »

I am trying to install wine on DebianDog-Bullseye-20201127-overlay_amd64-UEFI. It fails because of a dependency conflict. Synaptic keeps complaining that libelogind0 is a broken dependency. Apparently, it clashes with systemd0 which wine requires.

Can that be fixed?

fredx181

Re: Can't install wine because of libelogind0

Post by fredx181 »

Hello Luluc As far as I understand maybe: You did dpkg --add-architecture i386 and tried to install wine32 ? (for me wine and wine64 install fine)
Anyway I tested that and indeed doesn't work, I have idea for fixing that but needs some time (e.g probably elogind;i386 and libelogind;i386 etc.. (Antix versions) needs to be added to the custom dog repo of amd64, not sure yet).

Btw, (but really besides this wine issue) I wouldn't recommend staying with the (rather experimental release) DebianDog-Bullseye-20201127-overlay_amd64-UEFI , it's very old version (from the time that Bullseye was still in "testing" stage, it has configured the snapshot repository in /etc/apt/sources.list from 2020, so a lot should be fixed to make that work all OK)

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@Luluc Progress... how to make fixes for the DebianDog-Bullseye-20201127-overlay_amd64-UEFI release,
I've added the elogind related packages for i386 to the custom dog repo now (to make wine32 install work, as I said: wine and wine64 installs fine anyway, but I don't know much about wine TBH).

Changed /etc/apt/sources.list (disabled snapshot, enabled standard Debian Bullseye) to:
(edit; snapshot should work fine too, btw, if updated to current date 20240226, but it can be terribly slow for updating package lists and downloading packages)

Code: Select all

deb https://github.com/doglinux/bulldog/raw/master/amd64/ ./
## package repositories
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free

#deb http://la.mxrepo.com/antix/bullseye bullseye main nonfree
#deb http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/ bullseye main non-free

#deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20240226/ bullseye main contrib non-free

Installed new debian-archive-keyring (otherwise perhaps apt update fails) download; http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/ma ... u1_all.deb
dpkg --add-architecture i386 (if not done already)
apt update # content of sources.list changed and i386 arch added
apt install wine32 # should work now, installs loads of i386 stuff
(or perhaps needed to do first apt install elogind:i386 , not sure)

Works now for me, tell me if it does for you (hopefully I didn't forget to mention something).

Luluc

Post by Luluc »

Thanks! I will test it. For the time being, just let me say this:

1. I am not an upgrade freak, quite the opposite, so Bullseye is really fine for me. Is there a newer Dog Linux though? I couldn't find it. I saw multiple older (Buster, Stretch, even Jessie!) Debians, but nothing newer than Bullseye.

2. I struggled to make the mxrepo.com repositories work. Synaptic complains that they are not signed. So I had to look it up and learn again how to do it. But I couldn't find a key file AND I discovered that apt-key is deprecated and I lost a lot of time on that. I eventually managed to make apt accept the Release.gpg file that sits in the mxrepo.com site in some way I'm not even sure I can pull off again. So, in the spirit of Puppy Linux, do you suppose you or someone could make that easier in the future?

I will test the changes and let you know.

Thank you!

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Luluc wrote:

1. I am not an upgrade freak, quite the opposite, so Bullseye is really fine for me. Is there a newer Dog Linux though? I couldn't find it. I saw multiple older (Buster, Stretch, even Jessie!) Debians, but nothing newer than Bullseye.

I don't do ISO releases anymore (due to lack of time and energy), recently offered in this forum section are the build scripts (e.g. mklive-bookworm, mklive-daedalus (Devuan)), so best to build your own ISO, I'd say.
(there's a "test ISO" btw for Bookworm "Test ISO Openbox+tint2 no-systemd 64-bit UEFI 2022-10-26 (with merged-usr)" link here (near bottom): viewtopic.php?p=48359#p48359 (probably has the same wine32 issue, need to look into that later)
edit: there's also the Starter Kit (minimal ISO) from rcrsn51: viewtopic.php?p=3613#p3613

2. ....

adding the MX repo, I did try, sometime ago though, but not sure if it's a good idea, but you can experiment of course.
edit: I guess, search for the mx keyring package and install it.

Luluc

Post by Luluc »

OK, wine is installed and working. Thank you again!

fredx181 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:23 pm

I don't do ISO releases anymore (due to lack of time and energy)

I'm sorry to hear that. This is a very good distro. But I understand.

Two more questions only (I guess other people can answer too):

1. I have this glitch now. Do you know what I can do about it?

2. I changed my login shell to fish and now openbox won't run automatically at startup anymore. The boot sequence halts, I have to run startx and everything is normal again. Not a big deal, but should be easy to fix. Do you know how?

dancytron

Post by dancytron »

You should give the mklive script a try.

It's really easy to use.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@fredx181 :-

Just a thought, Fred; I know the Dogs are rather outside of my experience, but would the portable builds I put together using the AppImages trister found for us on Github work here without messing about too much?

viewtopic.php?t=1754

As I said, it's just an idea..... I know 5.11 is rather old now by current WINE standards, but it's all relative; for what I use it for, 5.11 still works 100%, so.....it all comes down to what the user needs it for. I still think they're just about the simplest way I've yet found for easily adding WINE to your system.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Fixed problem installing wine32 for Bookworm too : viewtopic.php?p=112893#p112893

Luluc wrote:

1. I have this glitch now. Do you know what I can do about it?

Looks like duplicate entries in sources.list. Also check if snapshot and standard are both activated (should be one or the other).

Return to “DebianDogs”