Fossapup-Fire

Moderator: Forum moderators

amethyst

Fossapup-Fire

Post by amethyst »

Removed

Last edited by amethyst on Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper

Re: Fossapup-Fire

Post by Jasper »

Thanks for this, must have missed it beforehand :thumbup:

Marv

Post by Marv »

Thanks, Teeny-tiny and up and running exactly as packaged on my gen 2 i5 based Fujitsu S761 laptop, circa 2012. Smallest pup I've run in a while but lively and happy.

Nothing added wrt firmware as my wifi card is kernel supported in the stock kernel. SNS connection solid.

Dmesg pretty clean, the only fail is:

Code: Select all

root# dmesg | grep -i fail
[    0.307726] acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_NOT_FOUND); disabling ASPM
[    0.789885] ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
[    0.790987] ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1

Clipboard working, lidsuspend working on this hardware -requires PB push to wake but that's ok-

All my portables run just fine, all current: Sylpheed, Brave, Slimjet, un-googled chromium. LibreOffice and MasterPDF Editor (older versions set up as portables) also run correctly.

Sound (youtubes checked) working in browsers OOTB, no other multimedia checks as yet.

Nice to see evince on board.

I don't usually like dark themes but the stock one works well enough.

Posting from Brave v1.62.156 now.

One question, which version of @ozsouth basic was this based on?

Here's to the 'master of pruning' :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

My pups: LxPupSc64 and Voidpup64 with LXDE ydrv & synaptics touchpad drivers, both using savefiles. Ydrv based Jammypup64 (JWM), Bookworm64, Fossapup23 & FossapupFire (LXDE/PCManFM). No savefiles, no fdrvs there. :thumbup:

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Marv wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:31 pm

Thanks, Teeny-tiny and up and running exactly as packaged on my gen 2 i5 based Fujitsu S761 laptop, circa 2012. Smallest pup I've run in a while but lively and happy.

Nothing added wrt firmware as my wifi card is kernel supported in the stock kernel. SNS connection solid.

Dmesg pretty clean, the only fail is:

root# dmesg | grep -i fail
[    0.307726] acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_NOT_FOUND); disabling ASPM
[    0.789885] ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1
[    0.790987] ata1.00: failed to get NCQ Send/Recv Log Emask 0x1

Clipboard working, lidsuspend working on this hardware -requires PB push to wake but that's ok-

All my portables run just fine, all current: Sylpheed, Brave, Slimjet, un-googled chromium. LibreOffice and MasterPDF Editor (older versions set up as portables) also run correctly.

Sound (youtubes checked) working in browsers OOTB, no other multimedia checks as yet.

Nice to see evince on board.

I don't usually like dark themes but the stock one works well enough.

Posting from Brave v1.62.156 now.

One question, which version of @ozsouth basic was this based on?

Here's to the 'master of pruning' :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

The one I downloaded at the time, I think it was the third or second last base version without the additional programs (it was very bare and not much of use at the time). I did a lot of corrections and additions after that (you can see on that thread some of my posts at the time). I don't know if he included some of that afterwards in his follow-up releases, didn't check. So this is basically what I ended up with myself and thought I would share it for those interested. ozsouth did the hard work with the initial pruning of philb's official release though...

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

I did start a series I called micro & sent someone (not amethyst) v1 & v2, but decided by v3, at 159mb it wasn't very useful. It had
Ted, evince, calcoo, mhwaveedit, minixcal, mtpaint, gparted, pupmtp & gftp. Netsurf as adrv, updated 5.4 kernel & security files.
Polished products aren't my specialty, so @amethyst 's pup will be better.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

@Marv BTW - I've added extra JWM themes so you can change to a lighter theme. Select JWMDesk Manager from menu and then click JWM Theme and change. I've also added extra icons themes which you can also change.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

After running this a bit I wanted to change the JWM button scheme but discovered not all of them work for me. Attached a .pet with the original buttons and some others added. All works for me now. You can change the JWM button scheme as follows: JWMDesk Manager from menu > click Windows tab > Theme and Buttons (the second block) > select and change.

Attachments
JWMButtons.pet
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Marv

Post by Marv »

@amethyst , Thanks for the JWM add-ons. I'll add the buttons to my working main SFS. All good on themes. All in all, continues to be a slick very small but quite usable JWM based pup. I see it as an ideal small USB stick install with one portable browser on board. Haven't gotten there yet...

I'm currently running Fire using a ydrv, basically @peebees' 13.8MB one for Fossapup-Less IIRC with a few look'n'feel changes and application default settings. Gives me LXDE and PCManFM for not too much added weight.

I've checked multimedia stuff a bit more and the included gnome-mplayer works fine on CDs and DVDs and just mplayer set as the audioplayer default seems fine also.

Thanks,

My pups: LxPupSc64 and Voidpup64 with LXDE ydrv & synaptics touchpad drivers, both using savefiles. Ydrv based Jammypup64 (JWM), Bookworm64, Fossapup23 & FossapupFire (LXDE/PCManFM). No savefiles, no fdrvs there. :thumbup:

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Before I step away from this - I can't get pequalizer to work with this edition which is a pity since you won't have a system wide sound equalizer. However, Gnome-Mplayer is installed and you can use mplayer's builtin sound equalizer when using gnome-mplayer. One way of doing this is to invoke the equalizer in gnome-player's preferences like this: Run Gnome-Mplayer > Edit > Preferences > Under Mplayer tab add the necessary in the blank space under Extra Options for Mplayer. Example:

-af equalizer=3:3:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:7

Note that there are 10 "sliders" from left to right separated by a colon. Values are from 0 to 10 and the first "slider" is highest bass value and the last highest treble (so the "sliders" are for bass to treble from left to right) . As you can see in this example I have 3 for my first two bass "sliders" and 7 for my last 2 treble "sliders" levels. Specifying the first two for the bass levels and the last 2 for treble are generally sufficient for me but you can of course play around with the values to find what works best for you.

More: So tried an equalizer when on the net. Downloaded and installed the addon called Equalizer for Chrome browser which does seem to work okay for me (tested with youtube). So that then covers it basically for a sound equalizer when using the internet too. Cool.

Marv

Post by Marv »

@Jasper I've been using 'fire' off and on for a while now and continue to like its slimness. I have really only changed two things in it other than my own preferences -abiword out, geany & LXDE/PCManFM in- I added libdvdcss from the puppy-common64 repo so that all dvds would play and changed the permissions of the /usr/lib/cups folder so that the cups admin files etc. would be found and cups-devd etc. would run. chmod -R 755 /usr/lib/cups did the trick. cupsd wasn't happy with the 777 permissions on that directory. Post change, printer setup of my Brother laser was normal. The key to that puzzle was here: viewtopic.php?p=91460#p91460

Cheers,

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@Marv this is the last build of libdvdcss

libdvdcss-1.4.3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwwlatmn ... 4.pet/file

Return to “Re-masters”