Who is Wiz57

Ideas and discussion

stemsee

Who is Wiz57

Post by stemsee »

Well ... If Israel needs a new leader you would be great for the task!
Sent: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:23 am
Recipient: Wiz57

To silence one you silence the many! .... expletives!

Your childish one sided overreaction makes it obvious that you belong to those extremists who can't stand justice.

So be it

I call on Wiz57 to justify his action and accusation against sonny. I demand Wiz57 uses statistics to prove sonny was more at fault than anyone else in the thread. And i can assure you he cannot. For anyone who acts in haste with tunnel vision focused on one person's balanced response, without weighing the substance from all sides justly has no business being a moderator, no matter who the Wiz of Oz is. Either publish your real reasons behind this nazi like action, or resign.

Wiz57

Re: Who is Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

I really don't need to justify myself, as I had given everyone participating in that topic a fair warning. Sonny just happened to place the
final straw that broke the camels back. If those of you who were most prolific with your pontifications desire to carry on with your
never-ending and never convincing "discussions", go try Reddit. I'm sure you could find a sub-Reddit that would give you ample space
to either speak in an echo chamber or throw pixelated hand-grenades at anyone with an opposing view.
Wiz

Signature available upon request

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

IMO the biggest 'insult' is forcing everyone to shut up by locking that thread.

wiak

Post by wiak »

the insults seemed minor. the post, started by stemsee, attracted more interest in terms of views than any other thread, even tho only of three months duration.
Direct hate speech concerning Islam and Mohammed and Quran, in particular, were too high if you consider the possibility of Muslims reading the thread. I suspect many a Christian reader found my view that all religions have more than a tendency to nutcase fanaticism in terms of what is 'truth'. So these would be a good reason to lock the thread.

Nevertheless, no one suffered harm or was threatened with violence (well... except going to hell I suppose). More than a little bit too much religion in the justifications in my opinion, which was gradually taking the thread over losing relevance and overall point I thought. But the world suffers already from too many rules regarding politically 'correct' speech such that people find it near impossible to exchange views any more.

I understand it being finally locked, but maybe premature or not really required to lock it. Maybe fading as a thread anyway, despite the actual Gaza/Israel horror ongoing.

Perhaps we should vote whether to cancel the lock or not. That wouldnt be to insult Wiz, but despite being a hot and difficult topic, the heated nature didnt reach the point of obvious meltdown, which is admirable really. I dont mind either way, but others seem to have more they want to say. I dont believe there are winners or losers on that thread either way. Different for those in Gaza and Israel of course.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

backi

Post by backi »

@wiak wrote:

But the world suffers already from too many rules regarding politically 'correct' speech such that people find it near impossible to exchange views any more.

:thumbup:

We better should ask @rockedge...what is his take on the whole Problematic......he would be the One who could suffer possible legal Troubles/Consequences.
....or maybe he just feels rather fucked up by the whole Shebang.
It's hard to tell.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I don't want to lock the topic.

I find it dangerous and exactly what the perpetrators strive for. Which would be silence and the resulting acceptance of their actions. Sure it's ugly and some feelings will get hurt

What would the Punk Rock God's think of me for caving in and succumbing to the uncomfortable and the stress and becoming closed minded and so stuck on myself that I can not see or hear reason??? That I can not or will not accept the views from other people from other places?? How can I determine if my own stance is the "right one"??

My own fear is that I will not be able to place myself in someone else's shoes and walk that mile to see the world. I need to read all the viewpoints, with those beliefs to think about where I stand and why.

Without the discussion and no matter how controversial, it will not be possible to find BALANCE. I strive like WATER to find a common level amongst the challenges that seek to prevent harmony. And that takes courage, forgiveness and an open mind. It is mostly painful.

Since we are all here on the forum....together, there is already a "common bond", a connection among us. Keep it that way.

Everyone can say their sorry by clicking on the donation link and throwing a couple of Dollars or what ever your currency is into the til so we can pay the rent in February.

backi

Post by backi »

@rockedge

:thumbup:

wizard

Post by wizard »

Religion, politics and social/world events are always divisive. Some one always feels discriminated against, marginalized or attacked and comes away with hard feelings.

The forum has lost a number of valued members, not because of Puppy issues, but because of topics that fall into the religion, politics and social/world event category.

The internet has an untold number of forums where divisive topics and opinions can be discussed.

Perhaps it's time to re-think what the real goals and mission of the forum should be. Let it be our common interest in Puppy Linux.

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@wizard I totally agree.

I wanna talk about this ->

could you or @rockedge explain, what the job is? What does "tile all open windows" mean?

And how about why my newly compiled huge kernel 6.6.10-rt19 with aufs and overlay will NOT BOOT?

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Perhaps we should vote whether to cancel the lock or not.

if there is going to be a poll, also add delete the entire thread

the highest views ever? it might become what some see as most definitive about the puppy community.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Reality is, that at this point of time, there's an "Off-Topic" area. Shut it down?
My vote would be for keeping it, so members can also discuss other things besides computer-tech.

Perhaps :idea: : make the whole "Off-Topic" area "members only" so you can read only if you are logged in (just like "Truly off-topic conversations" is now).

wizard

Post by wizard »

It could be shutdown, but I find the majority of the content there is interesting and entertaining without being controversial or that turn into a mud sling.

Perhaps just a set of good guidelines would suffice.

Edit: just making it "members only" doesn't remove the divisive nature of some topics

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

(just like "Truly off-topic conversations" is now).

IMHO thats where it should have been the whole time, tho Its evident the thread has become more than sharing information, and also serves the purpose of being a place to "speak out" by some who feel an obligation to do so, and a thread closed to non-members would not meet that need.

It is of course, the forum owners prerogative to define the goals of the forum and include social justice in addition to all things Puppy

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@rockedge - re- your 6.6.10 kernel - did my new kernel-kit contribute to the failure?

@fredx181

make the whole "Off-Topic" area "members only" so you can read only if you are logged in (just like "Truly off-topic conversations" is now)

Sounds good to me. I vote for that.

The mods have a difficult job. Glad I'm not one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, my lifeview is governed by John 14 verse 6(a) :- Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

ozsouth wrote:

@rockedge - re- your 6.6.10 kernel - did my new kernel-kit contribute to the failure?

No! To start a test I used a new woof-ce-out set up for building a VoidPup64 with ./merge2out from woof-CE and used the kernel-kit there first.

I applied the full real time patches for kernel 6.6.10-rt19 which appears to be successful and compiled with the AUFS patches and builtin overlay. The build ended successfully and the huge kernel was built with a fdrv SFS as well.

I tested a boot with this kernel in F96-CE_4 on a QEMU VM and it fails with a kernel panic. Looks like mounting issues.

Tonight I will try out the same build.conf settings using your new kernel-kit version with ./buildu.sh and try that output out. Also applying the full real time patches for 6.6.10

Return to “Forum Organization & Structure Council”