KLV-Spectr-rc1 is Available with Void Linux Kernel 6.6.4_2

Kennel Linux Void based

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

KLV-Spectr-rc1 is Available with Void Linux Kernel 6.6.4_2

Post by rockedge »

KLV-Spectr-rc1
Kennel Linux Void Spectr Release Candidate 1 is now available equipped with a Void Linux Kernel 6.6.4_2

Download ISO -> KLV-Spectr-rc1 705 MiB download size
SHA1-MD5.txt

KLV-Spectr-rc1 is a similar at it's core to KLV-Airedale and uses many of the same utilities but has the tiling window manager Spectrwm forming the desktop.

Desktop design is by @Sofiya.

Using @geo_c 's Spectrwm configurations setup is provided by a SFS package loaded during system start.

Screenshot(79).jpg
Screenshot(79).jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

This version has Grub4Dos and Grub2config to set up boot loaders

Screenshot(78).jpg
Screenshot(78).jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
Clarity

Re: KLV-Spectr-rc1 is Available with Void Linux Kernel 6.6.4_2

Post by Clarity »

Observations
I download all KLs ISOs to my Ventoy USB and from there, I launch and test.

Has anyone other than myself noticed boot problems with the most recent KLs? Same true for SG2D. Booting the KL ISO file directly in QEMU, no problem. But trying to boot the USBs from either Ventoy, SG2D, or within QEMU, problem getting to desktops.

Lastly, I have noticed that KLs continue to use GRUB v2.04, while knowing v2.06 has been around for quite a number of years. Is there a reason we are stuck there?

Anyone else?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

To see the problem, merely download your ISO file to your USB and boot the USB in either within QEMU or bare-metal.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Clarity wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:04 am

Lastly, I have noticed that KLs continue to use GRUB v2.04, while knowing v2.06 has been around for quite a number of years. Is there a reason we are stuck there?

GRUV v2.06 is listed in the void package database: https://voidlinux.org/packages/?arch=x86_64&q=GRUB

You could try updating it in one of your KL's with OctoXBPS and see if it works.

EDIT: in fact if it's installed and you do a Void system update, it will probably be included. That's my guess.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I'll have to set up a Ventoy stick to see what's happening :geek:

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

For those who may not have a Ventoy USB:

1. EITHER the Ventoy utility or the Ventoy ISO will automatically create the bootable USB for you.

2. On your Ventoy disk create a folder named BOOTISOS on partition 1. This is consistent with the design from @wiak and the SG2D author.

3. Keep ALL ISO/IMG file within that folder

4. I advise that a user ALSO add SG2D to that folder as well. On occasion a few forum PUPs will struggle in shutdown. SG2D does NOT exhibit that struggle problem.

Add as many distros as you like, boot your USB, and launch ANY of the distros on the USB that are listed

Edit: "bolded some text" due to a comment from a member

Last edited by Clarity on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

1. the Ventoy utility or the Ventoy ISO will automatically create the bootable USB for you.

2. On your Ventoy disk create a folder named BOOTISOS on partition 1. This is consistent with the design from @wiak and the SG2D author.

Build Ventoy USB 6.jpg
    Build Ventoy USB 6.jpg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 1578 times

4. I advise that a user ALSO add SG2D ISO file to that folder as well. On occasion a few WoofCE PUPs will struggle in shutdown. SG2D does NOT exhibit that struggle problem.

Add as many distros as you like, boot your USB, and launch ANY of the distros on the USB that are listed

EASY stops before desktop(4)-small.jpg
EASY stops before desktop(4)-small.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 1578 times

NOTE: there is no need to format the partition 1. This has been found to NOT affect launchng forum distros.

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

QEMU

Code: Select all

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 2G -vga std -smp 2 -device AC97 -cdrom /root/Downloads/KLV-Spectr-rc1.iso
Attachments
2023-12-10_1366x768.png
2023-12-10_1366x768.png (347.13 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
Last edited by Sofiya on Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

AQEMU

qemu-system-x86_64 -smp 2 -vga cirrus -machine accel=kvm -m 1024 -cdrom "/root/Downloads/KLV-Spectr-rc1.iso" -hda "/root/.aqemu/KLV-Spectr-rc1_HDA.img" -boot once=d,menu=off -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -name "KLV-Spectr-rc1" "$@"
Attachments
Снимок экрана.png
Снимок экрана.png (106.77 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

QEMU command line syntax for using VNC on the LAN:

/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64  -smp 8 -device ac97 -machine accel=kvm -m 4096 -cdrom "/mnt/home/KLV-Spectr-rc1.iso" -hda "/root/.aqemu/KLV_Spectr_beta2_HDA.img" -boot once=d,menu=off -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -name "KLV-Spectr-rc1" -vnc 192.168.254.13:0 -cpu host $*

Screenshot(80).jpg
Screenshot(80).jpg (17.07 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Screenshot(81).jpg
Screenshot(81).jpg (29.66 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Yes, I had posted no issues on ISO file booting in a VM. For example:

qemu-system-x86_64 -name "Boot KLV-RT ISO file" -enable-kvm -m 2G -smp 2 -vga std -device AC97 -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -cdrom KLV-Airedale-RT.iso

Problem

qemu-system-x86_64 -name "Boot latest KL from Ventoy" -enable-kvm -m 2G -smp 2 -vga std -device AC97 -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -hda /dev/sdg -hdb QEMUdisks/vHDD.img

, where /dev/sdg is unmonted physical port containing the phyical USB stick.

But when you launch the ISO file from SG2D or Ventoy USB....not getting to desktop. That's a problem discovered, first, in testing in QEMU for each various launcher; then, next, testing on bare-metals.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Sofiya , @geo_c ,

I have been using this resource for exact documentation of what each function for Spectrwm does -> https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https:// ... ctrwm.html and explains how the WM functions work and how they are referenced.

I like some of the logo ideas! A default wallpaper to go in the next ISO release of KLV-Spectr would be great. (KLV-Spectr-RT, KLV-Spectr-rc2)

Also I need to do some more work on getting a PLUG together that incorporates all the good stuff we've added, all together in one build script......... :ugeek:

moplop

Post by moplop »

Clarity wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:08 pm

1. the Ventoy utility or the Ventoy ISO will automatically create the bootable USB for you.

2. On your Ventoy disk create a folder named BOOTISOS on partition 1. This is consistent with the design from @wiak and the SG2D author. Build Ventoy USB 6.jpg

4. I advise that a user ALSO add SG2D ISO file to that folder as well. On occasion a few WoofCE PUPs will struggle in shutdown. SG2D does NOT exhibit that struggle problem.

Add as many distros as you like, boot your USB, and launch ANY of the distros on the USB that are listedEASY stops before desktop(4)-small.jpg

NOTE: there is no need to format the partition 1. This has been found to NOT affect launchng forum distros.

I've lurked this forum for probably a year and I love the whole Kennel Linux idea. I enjoy trying the Void-based releases, especially KLV-Sway. I'd love to try the labWC variant.

This whole thread of setting up Ventoy to work with Kennel Linux variants should be a pinned post:

1) I distro-hop and love trying isos. The developers of the individual variants do so much work to put these together, but I do not run a Linux distribution as my daily driver. I cannot just build scripts and run the iso. Clarity had also offered to share a script/process on Oct. 23 in the KL on Ventoy post. I would be very interested in such a process.

2) Whether the board goal is to make these more available or focus solely on developing solid distributions, there might be a middle ground for people who are interested in Kennel Linux but would simply like to know where all the distros are in one place.

3) To 2: I'm really sad that this post never took off: viewtopic.php?t=9827 It was great for a centralized location for iso options.

I do not in any way want to sound ungrateful. I still check the forums here every day, along with SourceForge and Github, among other places, for interesting distros to try out. But I would argue that I'm pretty unique in being willing to do that.

wiak

Post by wiak »

moplop wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:52 pm

3) To 2: I'm really sad that this post never took off: viewtopic.php?t=9827 It was great for a centralized location for iso options.

Sorry, that post not being updated is just a temporary failure. I'm moving house/country and have no time to do any distro work now at all until finished. Will be back in full distro dev and info update work around March 2024.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

Running on EasyOS

/mnt/sda2/QEMU/QEMU-2.5.0-ubu16.04.AppImage qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 4 -device AC97 -vga std -m 4G -name 'EasyOS' -boot d -hda /mnt/sda2/QEMU/windows10.qcow2 -cdrom /files/downloads/KLV-Spectr-rc1.iso

Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
Screenshot(1).jpg (128.57 KiB) Viewed 945 times

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

After having a blast with KLV-airedale-RT15 with pipewire, I'm looking at running this KLV-spectrt-rc1.

@rockedge, does this version come with pipewire?

and is it okay to run kernel modules and firmware 6.1.38 with it just like Airedale?

geo_c

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@geo_c KLV-Spectr has the same pipewire setup as KLV-Airedale :thumbup:

I try to have both systems have the same infrastructure and utilities. The audio is set up should work the same in both KLV's which really the only difference is one has the stacking XFCE4 desktop and the other the tiling Spectrwm. :thumbup2:

All of the KLV kernels should work in both KLV-Airedale and KLV-Spectr.

IMPORTANT NOTE: when swapping in the RT kernels the initrd.gz needs to be swapped to the simple unmodified skeleton initrd.gz. Save the 00modules.sfs, vmlinuz and the modified initrd.gz for Void Linux kernels for later use.

Just take the initrd.gz from KLV-Airedale-RT or download the KLV-Spectr-RT ISO which will have the skeleton initrd.gz.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

rockedge wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:03 am

All of the KLV kernels should work in both KLV-Airedale and KLV-Spectr.

IMPORTANT NOTE: when swapping in the RT kernels the initrd.gz needs to be swapped to the simple unmodified skeleton initrd.gz. Save the 00modules.sfs, vmlinuz and the modified initrd.gz for Void Linux kernels for later use.

Just take the initrd.gz from KLV-Airedale-RT or download the KLV-Spectr-RT ISO which will have the skeleton initrd.gz.

I'm attempting not to confuse myself. What I did with KLV-airdale-RT15 was copy the RT15-rootfs into a working RT13 directory, and that runs perfectly on 3 machines now. So that's basically the same thing as what you're saying in reverse.

I felt that it was the RT15 modules/firware that was buggy for my one particular machine, and once I got it woking I didn't test on other machines, instead just copied that install to the other machines. It maybe this new kernel package works on my other machines.

My understanding is that the modules and firmware should be congruent with the compiled kernel, and so I'm not mixing them, which seems to be what you're saying here. And I just looked backed at this post: viewtopic.php?p=106908#p106908 and it's clear that I tried to mix the 6.1.38 firmware/modules with the 6.6.4_2 kernel with bad results.

So in reality,if I'm thinking clearly, it's possible to ugrade a KLV version using an older working kernel package simply by copying the new version 07rootfs into the old version. But maybe that doesn't work in every circumstance, just in these very closely related systems.

As it stands, I have KLV-spectr-RT multi-install that's been working awhile, and I can take the same approach, copy this KLV-spectr-rc1 07rootfs into it and see how it runs.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

I did a multi install using the described method above. AUDIO is working! Everything looks good.

So I'm running 6.1.38 real time kernel. Not sure if this rc's 6.6.4_2 is real time or not. If not, then that works out well for me, because I like using the real time scheduling.

I notice that the @Sofiya's added rofi themes don't seem to be present. I'll dig those up.

Really cool that my splash screens come up with the added sfs layer. Maybe I can look at the theming, see what maybe isn't present that I seem to have in my older version, and create an additional sfs. I'll also check out all the key bindings.

Or I could unsquash that 08layer, then update it if warranted and resquash.

I'll be playing with it this week doing a remaster adding a few applications. It seems at first glance there isn't an audio file player built in.

I tested audio using the forum's Music Video of the Day posts in LibreWolf.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

I'm going to put this here because I haven't tried installing packages in other KLVs in the last couple days.

I'm running into certain packages not being found in the Void repo that are normally there. It could be that they are updating the repo or something, but it's stuff that is usually there and regularly updated like elinks, poppler, parole epdfview, while many or most of the other packages are downloading:

ERROR: [trans] failed to download `parole-4.18.0_1' signature from `https://mirrors.servercentral.com/voidlinux/current': Not Found
Transaction failed! see above for errors.
bash-5.2# 

Anyone else noticing this?

EDIT:NEVERMIND, a system update solved that problem, and all installed.

geo_c

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

geo_c wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:10 pm

I'm going to put this here because I haven't tried installing packages in other KLVs in the last couple days.

I'm running into certain packages not being found in the Void repo that are normally there. It could be that they are updating the repo or something, but it's stuff that is usually there and regularly updated like elinks, poppler, parole epdfview, while many or most of the other packages are downloading:

ERROR: [trans] failed to download `parole-4.18.0_1' signature from `https://mirrors.servercentral.com/voidlinux/current': Not Found
Transaction failed! see above for errors.
bash-5.2# 

Anyone else noticing this?

@geo_c
Void has changed management and is undergoing reconfiguration, the old versions that were compiled may simply stop working, and many packages have been removed from the repository. Therefore, new assemblies need to be compiled

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Sofiya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:18 pm

[@geo_c
Void has changed management and is undergoing reconfiguration, the old versions that were compiled may simply stop working, and many packages have been removed from the repository. Therefore, new assemblies need to be compiled

Well that's bad timing because I just tweaked my local scripts for a remaster! But like I edited above, an xbps-install -Su seems to have corrected the errors, I'm pretty sure everything installed correctly.

I'm working on a test multi-instance at the moment, so if it all looks good and functioning, I'll do it in a PFI.

geo_c

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I have run update/upgrade tests now that are working and completing successfully with the system able to run as expected.

Mostly changes to how the repos now rsync, where big improvements were made. Some news about it:

January 04, 2024
glibc 2.38 Update Issues and Solutions

With the update to glibc 2.38, libcrypt.so.1 is no longer provided by glibc. Libcrypt is an important library for several core system packages that use cryptographic functions, including pam. The library has changed versions, and the legacy version is still available for precompiled or proprietary applications. The new version is available on Void as libxcrypt and the legacy version is libxcrypt-compat.

With this change, some kinds of partial upgrades can leave PAM unable to function. This breaks tools like sudo, doas, and su, as well as breaking authentication to your system. Symptoms include messages like “PAM authentication error: Module is unknown”. If this has happened to you, you can either:

add init=/bin/sh to your kernel command-line in the bootloader and downgrade glibc,
or mount the system’s root partition in a live environment, chroot into it, and install libxcrypt-compat

Either of these steps should allow you to access your system as normal and run a full update.

To ensure the disastrous partial upgrade (described above) cannot happen, glibc-2.38_3 now depends on libxcrypt-compat. With this change, it is safe to perform partial upgrades that include glibc 2.38.
October 24, 2023
Changes to Repository Sync

Void is a complex system, and over time we make changes to reduce this complexity, or shift it to easier to manage components. Recently through the fantastic work of one of our maintainers classabbyamp our repository sync system has been dramatically improved.

Previously our system was based on a series of host managed rsyncs running on either snooze or cron based timers. These syncs would push files to a central location to be signed and then distributed. This central location is sometimes referred to as the “shadow repo” since its not directly available to end users to synchronize from, and we don’t usually allow anyone outside Void to have access to it.

As you might have noticed from the Fastly Overview the packages take a long path from builders to repos. What is not obvious from the graph shown is that the shadow repo previously lived on the musl builder, meaning that packages would get built there, copied to the glibc builder, then copied back to the musl builder and finally copied to a mirror. So many copies! To streamline this process, the shadow mirror is now just the glibc server, since that’s where the packages have to wind up for architectural reasons anyway. This means we were able to cut out 2 rsyncs and reclaim a large amount of space on the musl builder, making the entire process less fragile and more streamlined.

But just removing rsyncs isn’t all that was done. To improve the time it takes for packages to make it to users, we’ve also switched the builders from using a time based sync to using lsyncd to take more active management of the synchronization process. In addition to moving to a more sustainable sync process, the entire process was moved up into our Nomad managed environment. Nomad allows us to more easily update services, monitor them for long term trends, and to make it clearer where services are deployed.

In addition to fork-lifting the sync processes, we also forklifted void-updates, xlocate, xq-api (package search), and the generation of the docs-site into Nomad. These changes represent some of the very last services that were not part of our modernized container orchestrated infrastructure.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

rockedge wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:47 pm

I have run update/upgrade tests now that are working and completing successfully with the system able to run as expected.

Mostly changes to how the repos now rsync, where big improvements were made. Some news about it:

I had noticed over the past month some strange behavior in the repo. There was the libcrypt issue that finally resolved.

The install seems to be a lot faster now, as they have apparently created a more direct line to the package sync.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

This spectr is running really snappy.

I've tweaked my personalization script and it's got me thinking I really don't need to worry about adding layers so much anymore, but use one set of upper_changes from now on with an occasional backup.

That way at any point I want to start fresh, just delete upper_changes and run my script, starting with an xbps-install command, then run the script copying and linking in all configs and custom colors. It's really fast.

There's only one thing bugging me so far about RC-1 that I can't figure out.

It's the fact that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't flip through the workspaces when hovering over the polybar like it used to, and I can't figure out what config made that happen

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

geo_c wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:12 am

There's only one thing bugging me so far about RC-1 that I can't figure out.

It's the fact that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't flip through the workspaces when hovering over the polybar like it used to, and I can't figure out what config made that happen

So I copied in an older polybar config and that scoll function is back. @rockedge it might be that the polybar config in rc-1 wasn't @Sofiya's final version. This older one has the scoll workspace working again, and I needed it for my sensors to show up also, as I had made a couple adjustments to get that displaying.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

All right, I was just fininshing a PFI rebuild and so I decided to add the last piece of the puzzle and install hplip and setup my printer so I could include it in the rooftfs, and wouldn't have to do it on every machine, and I ran into this problem that happened when I was working with KLV-bspwm awhile back.

The problem is that cups isn't accepting the password to access the administration tools, it keeps flashing the login credential dialogue over and over. It seems that on bspwm while working on the beta after running into that problem, I ran hp-setup manually in a terminal and managed to set the printer up that way, but then at some point I think a new KLV-bspwm version had that issue fixed.

What's the deal with that? If it's just changing a permission somewhere or something, I could probably do it manually.

EDIT: I set this printer up using the hp-setup command in a terminal, just like last time. I had totally forgotten about using that method. I actually found it by searching my posts.

But it's still something you might want to take a look at for the sake of polished feel in rc-2.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

KLV-spectr-rc1 is a very fast OS:

I can now set this OS up from scratch using the latest release with an xbps-Su command, an xbps-install command, and running a script of mine ./KLVs-rc1-local, all in about 5 minutes now that the Void repo is running so fast.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

I'd like to welcome a new member of the family, KLV-spectr-pwJ-RT

All in all an easy setup. Paste in the xbps-install command, copy my pipewire config folder to /etc, and the pw-jack desktop files to start the jack apps.

I'm basically down to 3 KLV OS's and one pup as far as can merit my attention, KLV-airedale-pwJ-RT-cortile, KLV-hyprland-ce36, KLV-spectr-pwJ-RT, Fossapup-F96-cortile

So now that airdale and spectr are fully loaded pipewire-jack powerhouses, and F-96 is a perfect hybrid window manager pup, I'll be turning my attention to Hyprland.

This spectr-RT is just very fast! It boots really fast. It runs really fast. I have Librewolf and Thunderbird mail running and it's only using 10% of my 8GB of RAM. It's also very easy to get around with the keyboard. With the added utility scripts and desktops files for changing CPU frequency governors and such, it's extremely good for squashing filesystems and general workhorse related stuff.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

@rockedge I'm very close to being able to build an audio 08layer. Here's what I have going. In addition to the spectrwm custom bindings, I've edited the config and made a splash and edited the config to open all stable jack applications with keystrokes and have them display properly.

Here's the audio keybinding splash which is referenced in the spectrwm keybinding splash

and here's the spectrwm keybinding splash, which is very tall, and I'm thinking I should break into two splashes with references to each other as well as the audio splash.

This works really well for opening instruments and tools with keystrokes while a midi keyboard is plugged in and then playing away. What I plan to do is add an 09layer with sounds and preset routing in carla or qpwgraph, with a few scripts in /root/my-applications/bin that open a selection of instruments with connections already made, at least as a demo. A document explaining the system setup would be helpful to making it a kind of a turnkey audio system.

This is really a fabulous window manager for live playing as you can open/close things without using the mouse, and there are 10 desktops ootb so that things can be running simultaneously and easily accessed with MOD+[1-10]

I'm curious as to why I can't drag the splash around with MOD+[L_mouse-button} as it seems it used to do that.

here's my spectrwm.conf, still has a few personal favorite apps that I'll remove

#       ___           ___         ___           ___            __         ___           ___           ___
#      /  /\         /  /\       /  /\         /  /\          /  /\      /  /\         /__/\         /__/\
#     /  /:/_       /  /::\     /  /:/_       /  /:/         /  /:/     /  /::\       _\_ \:\       |  |::\
#    /  /:/ /\     /  /:/\:\   /  /:/ /\     /  /:/         /  /:/     /  /:/\:\     /__/\ \:\      |  |:|:\
#   /  /:/ /::\   /  /:/"/:/  /  /:/ /:/_   /  /:/  ___    /  /:/     /  /:/"/:/    _\_ \:\ \:\   __|__|:|\:\
#  /__/:/ /:/\:\ /__/:/ /:/  /__/:/ /:/ /\ /__/:/  /  /\  /  /::\    /__/:/ /:/___ /__/\ \:\ \:\ /__/::::| \:\
#  \  \:\/:/"/:/ \  \:\/:/   \  \:\/:/ /:/ \  \:\ /  /:/ /  /:/\:\   \  \:\/:::::/ \  \:\ \:\/:/ \  \:\""\__\/
#   \  \::/ /:/   \  \::/     \  \::/ /:/   \  \:\  /:/ /__/:/  \:\   \  \::/""""   \  \:\ \::/   \  \:\
#    \__\/ /:/     \  \:\      \  \:\/:/     \  \:\/:/  \__\/ \  \:\   \  \:\        \  \:\/:/     \  \:\
#      /__/:/       \  \:\      \  \::/       \  \::/          \  \:\   \  \:\        \  \::/       \  \:\
#      \__\/         \__\/       \__\/         \__\/            \__\/    \__\/         \__\/         \__\/
#
#=================================================================================================================
# Spectrwm Config file
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 					Define MOD Key
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Mod key, (Windows key is Mod4) (Alt key is Mod1) (Apple key is Mod2)
 modkey = Mod4

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#					Workspaces
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

workspace_limit	        = 10
focus_mode	        	= follow
#focus_mode	        	= default
focus_close	        	= last
focus_close_wrap    	= 1
focus_default		    = first
spawn_position	     	= next
workspace_clamp	        = 1
warp_focus		        = 1
warp_pointer		    = 0

#					Window decoration

border_width		    = 1
color_focus		        = rgb:67/90/eb
color_focus_maximized   = rgb:ff/a5/00
color_unfocus		    = rgb:88/88/88
color_unfocus_maximized	= rgb:88/88/00
region_padding      	= 5
tile_gap		        = 5

# Region containment
# Distance window must be dragged/resized beyond the region edge before it is
# allowed outside the region.
# boundary_width 		= 50

# Remove window border when bar is disabled and there is only one window in workspace
 disable_border		= 0

#					Bar settings

bar_action				= ~/.config/polybar/launch.sh
bar_action_expand       = 1
bar_enabled	        	= 1
bar_border_width	    = 5
bar_border[1]	    	= rgb:28/2a/36
bar_border_unfocus[1]	= rgb:28/2a/36
bar_color[1]	    	= rgb:28/2a/36, rgb:00/80/80
bar_color_selected[1]	= rgb:00/80/80
bar_delay               = 1
bar_font_color[1]   	= rgb:bb/c5/ff, rgb:e1/ac/ff, rgb:dd/ff/a7, rgb:ff/8b/92, rgb:ff/e5/85, rgb:89/dd/ff
bar_font_color_selected	= black
bar_font	        	= Noto-Sans-fonts:size=11 awesome-terminal-fonts:size=11 NotoMonoRegular:bold:size=14'
bar_justify	        	= center
bar_format	            = +N:+I +S (+D) | +A
workspace_indicator 	= listcurrent,listactive,markcurrent,printnames
bar_at_bottom	     	= 0
stack_enabled	    	= 1
clock_enabled	    	= 1
clock_format	    	= %a %b %d %R %Z %Y
iconic_enabled      	= 0
maximize_hide_bar	    = 0
window_class_enabled	= 1
window_instance_enabled	= 1
window_name_enabled 	= 1
verbose_layout	    	= 1
urgent_enabled	    	= 1

# Dialog box size ratio when using TRANSSZ quirk; 0.3 < dialog_ratio <= 1.0
# dialog_ratio		= 0.6

# Split a non-RandR dual head setup into one region per monitor
# (non-standard driver-based multihead is not seen by spectrwm)
# region		= screen[1]:1280x1024+0+0
# region		= screen[1]:1280x1024+1280+0
# region          = screen[1]:1366x768+0+0

#					Auto Launch Applications
# Launch applications in a workspace of choice

autorun = ws[1]:nitrogen --restore
 autorun = ws[1]:xcompmgr -C -t-5 -l-5 -r4.2 -o.55 &
 autorun = ws[1]:dunst
 autorun = ws[1]:flameshot
# autorun = ws[1]:pipewire &
# autorun = ws[1]:pipewire-pulse &
# autorun = ws[1]:pnmixer
# autorun = ws[1]:alacritty
# autorun = ws[1]:volumeicon
# autorun = ws[1]:nm-applet &
# autorun = ws[1]:polkit &
# autorun = 

#				 Customize workspace layout at start

# Customize workspace layout at start
# layout		= ws[1]:4:0:0:0:vertical
# layout		= ws[2]:0:0:0:0:horizontal
# layout		= ws[3]:0:0:0:0:fullscreen
# layout		= ws[4]:4:0:0:0:vertical_flip
# layout		= ws[5]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip
# layout		= ws[6]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip
# layout		= ws[7]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip
# layout		= ws[8]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip
# layout		= ws[9]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip
# layout		= ws[10]:0:0:0:0:horizontal_flip

#					 Set workspace name at start
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# name			= ws[1]:I
# name			= ws[2]:II
# name			= ws[3]:III
# name			= ws[4]:IV
# name			= ws[5]:V
# name			= ws[6]:VI
# name			= ws[7]:VII
# name			= ws[8]:VIII
# name			= ws[9]:IX
# name			= ws[10]:X

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# name			= ws[1]:web
# name			= ws[2]:edit
# name			= ws[3]:inkscape
# name			= ws[4]:gimp
# name			= ws[5]:meld
# name			= ws[6]:video
# name			= ws[7]:vb
# name			= ws[8]:files
# name			= ws[9]:mail
# name			= ws[10]:music 

# name			= ws[1]:One
# name			= ws[2]:Two
# name			= ws[3]:Three
# name			= ws[4]:Four
# name			= ws[5]:Five
# name			= ws[6]:Six
# name			= ws[7]:Seven
# name			= ws[8]:Eight
# name			= ws[9]:Nine
# name			= ws[10]:Ten

name = ws[1]:
 name = ws[2]:
 name = ws[3]:
 name = ws[4]:
 name = ws[5]:
 name = ws[6]:
 name = ws[7]:
 name = ws[8]:  
name = ws[9]: name = ws[10]: # ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", # ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", " ", #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # Predefined Key Bindings #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # This allows you to include pre-defined key bindings for your keyboard layout. keyboard_mapping = /dev/null #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # User Defined Shortcuts #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Validated default programs: program[term] = lxterminal bind[term] = MOD+Return program[pcmanfm] = pcmanfm bind[pcmanfm] = MOD+e program[menu] = dmenu_run $dmenu_bottom -fn $bar_font -nb $bar_color -nf $bar_font_color -sb $bar_color_selected -sf $bar_font_color_selected bind[menu] = MOD+Shift+d program[search] = dmenu $dmenu_bottom -i -fn $bar_font -nb $bar_color -nf $bar_font_color -sb $bar_color_selected -sf $bar_font_color_selected bind[search_workspace] = MOD+slash program[name_workspace] = dmenu $dmenu_bottom -p Workspace -fn $bar_font -nb $bar_color -nf $bar_font_color -sb $bar_color_selected -sf $bar_font_color_selected bind[name_workspace] = MOD+Shift+slash program[rofi] = rofi -show drun bind[rofi] = MOD+d program[pavucontrol] = pavucontrol bind[pavucontrol] = MOD+p program[touchpad] = touchpad_toggle bind[touchpad] = MOD1+Menu program[screenshot_all] = screenshot.sh full # optional bind[screenshot_all] = MOD+s program[screenshot_wind] = screenshot.sh window # optional bind[screenshot_wind] = MOD+Shift+s program[i3lock] = i3lock -c 000000 # i3lock -i /root/Pictures/*.png / i3lock -c 000000 bind[i3lock] = MOD1+l # MOD1 key - alt program[hotkeys-wm] = /root/.config/spectrwm/scripts/Spectr-hotkeys-wm.sh bind[hotkeys-wm] = MOD+z program[hotkeys-audio] = /root/.config/spectrwm/scripts/Spectr-hotkeys-audio.sh bind[hotkeys-audio] = MOD+MOD1+z program[spectrversion] = /root/.config/spectrwm/scripts/Spectr-version.sh bind[spectrversion] = MOD+v # geo-systenm hotkeys ### reference used: mod+ ( d e f h i l m p q s t u v z ) ###
program[xfe] = xfe bind[xfe] = MOD+MOD1+x program[thunderbird] = /mnt/home/portableAPP/Thunderbird-portable64/LAUNCH bind[thunderbird] = MOD+MOD1+t program[mclock] = /root/my-applications/bin/mclock bind[mclock] = MOD+MOD1+c program[cpuD] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuDo bind[cpuD] = MOD+MOD1+d program[cpuF] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuFo bind[cpuF] = MOD+MOD1+f program[cpuS] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuSo bind[cpuS] = MOD+MOD1+s program[cpuW] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuWo bind[cpuW] = MOD+MOD1+w program[cpuINFO] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuINFOo bind[cpuINFO] = MOD+MOD1+n program[cpuMON] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuMONo bind[cpuMON] = MOD+MOD1+o program[cpuMEM] = /root/my-applications/bin/cpuMEMo bind[cpuMEM] = MOD+MOD1+m # geo-audio hotkeys # program[parole] = parole # bind[parole] = MOD+MOD1+p program[helvum] = helvum bind[helvum] = MOD+MOD1+h program[carla] = pw-jack carla bind[carla] = MOD+MOD1+a program[qpwgraph] = qpwgraph bind[qpwgraph] = MOD+MOD1+q
program[jack_mixer] = pw-jack jack_mixer bind[jack_mixer] = MOD+MOD1+j program[calf] = pw-jack calfjackhost bind[calf] = MOD+MOD1+l program[yoshimi] = pw-jack yoshimi bind[yoshimi] = MOD+MOD1+y
program[synthv1] = pw-jack synthv1_jack bind[synthv1] = MOD+MOD1+u program[samplv1] = pw-jack samplv1_jack bind[samplv1] = MOD+MOD1+l program[padthv1] = pw-jack padthv1_jack bind[padthv1] = MOD+MOD1+p program[drumkv1] = pw-jack drumkv1_jack bind[drumkv1] = MOD+MOD1+k program[hydrogen] = /root/my-applications/bin/h2 bind[hydrogen] = MOD+MOD1+2 program[helm] = pw-jack helm bind[helm] = MOD+MOD1+7 program[amsynth] = pw-jack /usr/bin/amsynth bind[amsynth] = MOD+MOD1+8 program[guitarix] = pw-jack guitarix bind[guitarix] = MOD+MOD1+g program[drumstickgui] = pw-jack drumstick-guiplayer bind[drumstickgui] = MOD+MOD1+0 program[drumstickvpiano] = pw-jack drumstick-vpiano bind[drumstickvpiano] = MOD+MOD1+9 # program[Spectr-hotkeys.sh-camel-teal] = ~/.config/spectrwm/scripts/Spectr-hotkeys.sh-camel-teal # bind[Spectr-hotkeys.sh-camel-teal] = MOD+z program[toggle_bars] = ~/.config/spectrwm/scripts/fullscreen-toggle.sh bind[toggle_bars] = MOD+Shift+f # To disable validation of the above, free the respective binding(s): # bind[] = MOD+Shift+Delete # disable lock # bind[] = MOD+Shift+Return # disable term # bind[] = MOD+p # disable menu #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Powermenu #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- program[powermenu] = /root/.config/spectrwm/scripts/powermenu.sh bind[powermenu] = MOD+Shift+x ############################################################################### # Brightness ############################################################################### program[brightup] = brightnessctl set +10 bind[brightup] = XF86MonBrightnessUp program[brightdown] = brightnessctl set 10- bind[brightdown] = XF86MonBrightnessDown ############################################################################### # Audio Keybindings ############################################################################### program[vol+] = pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ +5%
bind[vol+] = XF86AudioRaiseVolume program[vol-] = pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ -5%
bind[vol-] = XF86AudioLowerVolume program[mute] = pactl set-sink-mute @DEFAULT_SINK@ toggle bind[mute] = XF86AudioMute #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Floating or not #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # QUIRKS # Default quirks, remove with: quirk[class:name] = NONE quirk[mpv:xv] = FLOAT + FULLSCREEN + FOCUSPREV quirk[Lxappearance:lxappearance] = FLOAT quirk[Lxappearance] = FLOAT quirk[Gpick] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE quirk[Pavucontrol] = FLOAT quirk[st-256color] = FLOAT quirk[firefox:menu] = FLOAT quirk[XTerm:nmtui] = FLOAT quirk[XTerm:xterm] = FLOAT quirk[UXTerm:xterm] = FLOAT quirk[Lxterminal:lxterminal] = FLOAT quirk[LXTerminal:lxterminal] = FLOAT quirk[Sxiv:sxiv] = FLOAT quirk[discord:Discord Updater] = WS[2] + FLOAT quirk[Subl3:subl] = NONE quirk[mpv:.*] = NONE quirk[Pcmanfm:Dialog] = FULLSCREEN + FLOAT quirk[Dmenu:dmenu.*] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE + IGNORESPAWNWS quirk[xmenu] = ANYWHERE + IGNORESPAWNWS quirk[Spectr-hotkeys:Dialog] = FLOAT quirk[Xitk:Xine Window] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE quirk[xine:Xine Window] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE quirk[SMplayer:xv] = FLOAT + FULLSCREEN quirk[XTerm:xterm] = XTERM_FONTADJ quirk[Gtkdialog:gtkdialog] = FLOAT # quirk[gtkdialog-splash:gtkdialog] = FLOAT quirk[gtkdialog:gtkdialog-splash] = FLOAT quirk[Jack_mixer:jack_mixer] = FLOAT quirk[helvum:helvum] = FLOAT quirk[lsp-plugins:.*] = FLOAT # quirk[calfjackhost:Calf\ JACK\ Host\ \-\ session\:\ Calf\ Studio\ Gear] = FLOAT quirk[DrumGrid:drumstick-drumgrid] = FLOAT quirk[GUIPlayer:drumstick-guiplayer] = FLOAT quirk[VPiano:drumstick-vpiano] = FLOAT quirk[Amsynth:amsynth] = FLOAT # quirk[Parole:parole] = FLOAT quirk[Guitarix:guitarix] = FLOAT quirk[padthv1:padthv1_jack] = FLOAT quirk[samplv1:samplv1_jack] = FLOAT quirk[synthv1:synthv1_jack] = FLOAT quirk[drumkv1:drumkv1_jack] = FLOAT quirk[drumkv1:drumkv1_jack] = FLOAT # FLTK applies to Yoshimi synth quirk[FLTK:FLTK] = FLOAT quirk[FLTK:FLTK] = FLOAT
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Window Manager Keybindings #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- bind[restart] = MOD+Shift+r bind[width_grow] = MOD+equal bind[width_shrink] = MOD+minus bind[height_grow] = MOD+Shift+equal bind[height_shrink] = MOD+Shift+minus bind[move_left] = MOD+bracketleft bind[move_right] = MOD+bracketright bind[move_up] = MOD+Shift+bracketleft bind[move_down] = MOD+Shift+bracketright bind[wind_del] = MOD+Shift+q bind[cycle_layout] = MOD+space bind[stack_reset] = MOD+Shift+space bind[master_del] = MOD+comma bind[master_add] = MOD+period bind[stack_dec] = MOD+Shift+comma bind[stack_inc] = MOD+Shift+period bind[ws_next_all] = MOD+Right bind[ws_prev_all] = MOD+Left bind[ws_next_all] = Control+MOD1+Right bind[ws_next] = Control+MOD1+Up bind[ws_next] = MOD+Up bind[ws_prev_all] = Control+MOD1+Left bind[ws_prev] = Control+MOD1+Down bind[ws_prev] = MOD+Down bind[swap_next] = MOD+Shift+Up bind[swap_prev] = MOD+Shift+Down bind[swap_next] = MOD+Shift+j bind[swap_prev] = MOD+Shift+k bind[swap_main] = MOD+m bind[flip_layout] = MOD+Shift+Left bind[flip_layout] = MOD+Shift+Right bind[maximize_toggle] = MOD+f bind[iconify] = MOD+i bind[uniconify] = MOD+MOD1+i bind[wind_del] = MOD+q bind[wind_kill] = MOD+Shift+q bind[float_toggle] = MOD+t bind[focus_next] = MOD+Tab bind[focus_prev] = MOD+Shift+Tab bind[focus_urgent] = MOD+u bind[master_grow] = MOD+h bind[master_shrink] = MOD+l #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Moving Windows Keybindings #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #Qwerty bindings bind[ws_1] = MOD+1 bind[ws_2] = MOD+2 bind[ws_3] = MOD+3 bind[ws_4] = MOD+4 bind[ws_5] = MOD+5 bind[ws_6] = MOD+6 bind[ws_7] = MOD+7 bind[ws_8] = MOD+8 bind[ws_9] = MOD+9 bind[ws_10] = MOD+0 bind[mvws_1] = MOD+Shift+1 bind[mvws_2] = MOD+Shift+2 bind[mvws_3] = MOD+Shift+3 bind[mvws_4] = MOD+Shift+4 bind[mvws_5] = MOD+Shift+5 bind[mvws_6] = MOD+Shift+6 bind[mvws_7] = MOD+Shift+7 bind[mvws_8] = MOD+Shift+8 bind[mvws_9] = MOD+Shift+9 bind[mvws_10] = MOD+Shift+0 #Azerty(be) bindings #bind[ws_1] = MOD+ampersand #bind[ws_2] = MOD+eacute #bind[ws_3] = MOD+quotedbl #bind[ws_4] = MOD+apostrophe #bind[ws_5] = MOD+parenleft #bind[ws_6] = MOD+section #bind[ws_7] = MOD+egrave #bind[ws_8] = MOD+exclam #bind[ws_9] = MOD+ccedilla #bind[ws_10] = MOD+agrave # #bind[mvws_1] = MOD+Shift+ampersand #bind[mvws_2] = MOD+Shift+eacute #bind[mvws_3] = MOD+Shift+quotedbl #bind[mvws_4] = MOD+Shift+apostrophe #bind[mvws_5] = MOD+Shift+parenleft #bind[mvws_6] = MOD+Shift+section #bind[mvws_7] = MOD+Shift+egrave #bind[mvws_8] = MOD+Shift+exclam #bind[mvws_9] = MOD+Shift+ccedilla #bind[mvws_10] = MOD+Shift+agrave #

geo_c

Return to “KLV-Spectr”