Welcome to phpBB3

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

Welcome to phpBB3

Post by rockedge »

This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!
fredx181

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Post by fredx181 »

Successfully registered and logged in, great job rockedge !

Fred
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Well, we got there.....eventually!

I'm not sure how rockedge has done this, but it definitely doesn't recognise my old Murga account. So, as y'all can see, I've had to create a new one. It only wanted to accept the name as you see; capitals were out, spaces were out, underscores were out..... :roll:

Wonder of wonders, I got the confirmation e-mail through to the 'Spam' folder of my Gmail a/c.....but I have had this a/c for something like getting on for 17/18 years. Maybe it does only work with older Gmail acounts; I'd love to know how Google have changed things in newer ones, I really would.

------------------------------------

Out of curiosity, I tried creating a second one. It didn't like 'MikeWalsh' - said there was one like it already, though there's some capitals in there this time. However, 'MiqWalsh' has worked.....BUT; NO confirmation e-mail to a GMX a/c..!

So; still 'teething troubles', perhaps..? I dunno.

@Fred:-

Did it work for you with your old Murga credentials.....or did you, too, have to register anew? I realise this is only for 'testing purposes' ATM; I'm curious as to what'll happen if this goes ahead for real, y'know?

I guess we'll find out!! :lol:

(Slimjet, SRWare Iron and Palemoon all use this exact same software version, so I'm already totally comfortable with it. Nice one, rockedge.)

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Mike wrote:@Fred:-

Did it work for you with your old Murga credentials.....or did you, too, have to register anew? I realise this is only for 'testing purposes' ATM; I'm curious as to what'll happen if this goes ahead for real, y'know?
Ah, you mean without registering, login with my Murga credentials ? No. didn't try that, just registered a new account with same name as on Murga.

Fred
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

I run a thread over at BleepingComputer, in the Unix & Linux sub-forum, entitled 'Puppy Linux Corner'. I'm going to add a post, to let 'em know that we may soon be moving into the 'modern age', at long last..!

I shall stress, however, that this is still very much in the 'experimental & test' stages.....

Mike. ;)

p310don

Post by p310don »

I'm excited to be here!!

I registered using my gmail account, then promptly forgot all about it...

Upon checking the murga forum this morning, saw the thread and remembered and found the email in the spam folder.
wiak

Post by wiak »

Yeah. Another successful log in!!! Also excited about this new forum work and mega congratulations on your great work rockedge!

wiak

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Successfully registered with no issues.
tuxtoo

Post by tuxtoo »

Yup, managed to register with no problems. :D
tuxtoo

Post by tuxtoo »

tuxtoo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 am Yup, managed to register with no problems. :D
Oops, I registered before trying to login using my Murga login details. Con you delete this account and I will try to logon using the Murga login details (I registered using my Murga username.) :oops:
sheldonisaac

Post by sheldonisaac »

wiak (in part) wrote: Another successful log in!!! Also excited about this new forum work and mega congratulations on your great work rockedge!
I concur, and thank you, rockedge.

Sheldon
Latitude E6410: BusterPup 8.0 etc
Vostro 430: BionicPup64 8.0
pcplague

Post by pcplague »

Another user
Continue the good work !!!
using opera in win 10 forum doesn't occupy all the wide of the monitor.

Paulo Pestana <- All the way from Portugal

All the way from Portugal :thumbup: :thumbup2:

Sylvander

Post by Sylvander »

Original Puppy Forums now "Under maintenance", so...
Came here, joined as new member, was sent an activation email, clicked the link, it worked, and here I am. :D
How's that for a 73-year-old?
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Sylvander wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 pm Original Puppy Forums now "Under maintenance", so...
Came here, joined as new member, was sent an activation email, clicked the link, it worked, and here I am. :D
How's that for a 73-year-old?
@ Sylvander:-

I see I'm not the only one who's noticed this; I'm just wondering if it is "maintenance", or if the site has finally, permanently "gone down"...... There's been a lot of discussion, recently, as to whether J de M is in fact still around. You've probably noticed!

A lot of stuff will be lost if it has. :roll:

I wonder how many others are wondering the same thing.....and whether they'll find their way over here? I guess time will tell.

Mike. ;)

MochiMoppel

Post by MochiMoppel »

mm.png
mm.png (22.22 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Last edited by MochiMoppel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sylvander

Post by Sylvander »

mikewalsh wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 pm
@ Sylvander:-

I see I'm not the only one who's noticed this; I'm just wondering if it is "maintenance", or if the site has finally, permanently "gone down"...... There's been a lot of discussion, recently, as to whether J de M is in fact still around. You've probably noticed!

A lot of stuff will be lost if it has. :roll:

I wonder how many others are wondering the same thing.....and whether they'll find their way over here? I guess time will tell.

Mike. ;)
I had indeed noticed.
I'd been following the thread with interest.
I hope the Puppy Forums don't do what the PC Guide did...which was to go down "For maintenance", and never re-appeared.
I'm shocked that the Puppy Forums closed without warning...
And before it's content could be copied over to here.
And will the members [like BK] join here?
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Bk is already a member of the forum fortunately! I can't imagine a Puppy Linux Forum with out him.

Time will tell if any attempts to retrieve a mysql export of the murga forum database to incorporate the original into this version of the forum prove to be successful. I have not given up hope that a data transfer can occur.

Also keeping tabs on the SEO or "Google Rank" that this forum is generating. I am thinking that as the the murga forum stays off line that the Google algorithm will push this forums posts higher on the pages, hopefully the top of page 1 so it will be easier to find. As more user's start to use the site and more user's register this will also improve this forums Google rankings

In theory.......
pcplague

Post by pcplague »

Just found.
Wake & Memorial Service for John De Murga.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... yjGnM0hgio

All the way from Portugal :thumbup: :thumbup2:

festus

Post by festus »

I registered and logged in w/out any problems at all. I use the same username as on the Murga forum, with a slight difference in password.

Thank you, rockedge, for this forum.
6502coder

Post by 6502coder »

I registered yesterday. Waited for a confirmation email which I did not get, so tried logging in today and got in no problem, so all's well. Many thanks to rockedge for the lifeline!
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I monitor the admin controls and I saw your registration was inactive so I went ahead and activated you and few others here and there. Most of the time the email activation is working but occasionally for what ever reason the email isn't received. We do have the option of re-sending the activation link but I know 6502coder is a long time member of the murga forum so I flipped the switch manually.
keniv

Post by keniv »

I had a little trouble registering. I used my old user name and a new password. All seemed to work OK but I didn't get a confirmation email. I was not sure how long to wait for this. After a while I tried to login with my user name and new password. When It did not work I used "contact us" and explained my problem. Don't know if rockedge did something but the next time I attempted to login I got in OK. I only mention this to encourage anybody having trouble to keep trying.

Regards,

Ken.
Phet-Thailand

Post by Phet-Thailand »

Congratulations to all who have worked on moving the old Murga-Linux Puppy Forum to a new doghouse! :thumbup2:

It was through the Old Forum that I became familiar with XenialPup 7.5, however, I'm not succeeding in getting any info regarding my XenialPup installation. I'm seeking to locate the original location of "Xenial Pup 7.5-uefi.iso"; can anyone please help me out? :oops:

Phet in Thailand
ally

Post by ally »

Phet-Thailand

Post by Phet-Thailand »

Hello ally!

Well, that was SUPER fast! Thanks for the info. My reason for starting back at square 1 was that the thumb drive which contains my XenialPup seems to have gotten itself screwed up - not getting/finding its .sfs file. My project is to get the iso, reformat the thumb drive, and re-install XenialPup (I sort of like its simplicity) on the thumb drive. Many Thanks.

Phet in Thailand
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@ Peter:-

I've moved your topic over at BleepingComputer from the "How-to and Tutorials" section across to the main Linux forum. I sent you a short PM explaining what I've done.

I've also replied in the topic. Now then; what's all this about "Can't attach an image", mate? I thought we sorted all that out ages ago, hmm?

Anyway, look; if you want to ask about your issues here on the new forum, for gawd's sakes start a new topic in the appropriate place - either 'Beginners' or 'Users (frequent fliers)', please. This is early days for this forum, and we don't want it getting untidy right from day one..!

A screenshot of gParted, showing the contents of your drive will be helpful. I can't for the life of me remember what you've got on sda1, so when you start a new topic, just re-explain all this for the benefit of others, willya? Thanks!

Mike. ;)

Mike.

nic007

Post by nic007 »

I'm in, cheers.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

mikewalsh wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:36 pm Wonder of wonders, I got the confirmation e-mail through to the 'Spam' folder of my Gmail a/c.....
Ah! that's where it was, Hi Mike, I didn't even think to look there, messaged the admin that got me in, I hope to catch up with everyone, been a long 3 years with very little activity for me, life got in the way.

Cheers all ;)
Makoto

Post by Makoto »

Yeah... I registered using my old gmail account, just to see what would happen. Gmail intercepted the registration confirmation email and placed it in the server-side spam folder so that my desktop email client would never notice and download it. :roll: I had to use the gmail app on my phone to read the mail and click on the link (and then move it to the inbox so I could download and archive it).

[ FossaPup64 9.5, Frugal install ]

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am
mikewalsh wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:36 pm Wonder of wonders, I got the confirmation e-mail through to the 'Spam' folder of my Gmail a/c.....
Ah! that's where it was, Hi Mike, I didn't even think to look there, messaged the admin that got me in, I hope to catch up with everyone, been a long 3 years with very little activity for me, life got in the way.

Cheers all ;)
Hiya, Geoff! Long time no see.... Glad you made it, mate; nice to have you back on board. :thumbup:

Mike. ;)

Return to “Beginners Help”