Flaw in fossapup64_9.5 - When the boot CD can suddenly no longer boot the computer

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

geo_c

Re: Flaw in fossapup64_9.5 - When the boot CD can suddenly no longer boot the computer

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:12 pm

Odd with this forum. I don't see how I can respond to individuals... How does one kill an errant program in Linux? Killing the window doesn't work - it just comes back again.

There are two good ways to respond to individuals. Use the quotation button on the upper right of their post, like I did yours just now, and edit their post to your liking, like I also did. And then respond. Their quote will be contained between the quote markups and anything you write after the quote markup will appear in the main body.

The other way to respond is type the @ symbol and the first few characters of their user name, and a pop-up box with matching users will appear. Choose the one your responding to and @USER will appear in your response, which will also notify the user that they have been mentioned.

The easiest way in fossa to kill a process is use the Ppup Process manager in the System menu.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

geo_c

Re: Flaw in fossapup64_9.5 - When the boot CD can suddenly no longer boot the computer

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:12 pm

I just tried burning a new CD with the ISO file from the posted url. It seemed to work fine until I chose "verify". Now the burn program is stuck and I don't know how to end the program.

It's very possible that if the verify process appeared to hang, that the CD was successfully burned anyway. I went ahead and checked the official iso just to make sure everything was there. It was and it looks like this: Image

See if you can use your usb stick install to look at the CD you just burned and see if all of those files are present. If they are, this CD might boot correctly.

geo_c

Governor

Post by Governor »

@geo_c
The Windows_Installer directory is not on the newly burned CD, but all the others are present.
When I burned the CD, I chose the option to not close it because it said I would be able to add files to the CD later.
How do I add my configuration setup for screen, keyboard, mouse, menus, etc. to the CD so they will load automatically?

Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out alive.

Governor

Post by Governor »

@geo_c
The new CD booted fine and actually I am much happier with the GUI layout on this one.

Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out alive.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:37 am

@geo_c
The new CD booted fine and actually I am much happier with the GUI layout on this one.

Let's mark this topic solved and continue here: viewtopic.php?p=73821#p73821

geo_c

Return to “Beginners Help”