Kodi-portable64 - Kodi 18.4 "Leia" in portable format...

Moderator: Forum moderators

keniv

Re: Kodi-portable64 - Kodi 18.4 "Leia" in portable format...

Post by keniv »

@wizard
@mikewalsh
I now have kodi working in Fossapup on my dual core 4GB machine using forum member @Lassar .pet so not sure it's a hardware issue that's causing the problem with the portable. Please see my last post (three posts back). There's also a link to the .pet. It's a different version to the portable i.e. 19.3.

Regards,

Ken.

wizard

Post by wizard »

@mikewalsh

Well mike you're smarter than you thought. Hadn't yet occurred to me that the video card was the problem. Tried it on a 2013 Lenovo laptop with 8gb ram, no go. After reading your post about the video card, tried it on a desktop with an old ATI Radeon card mesa=3.1 and it runs. Odd though as the Kodi site states mesa 11.3 is the minimum. That video spec locks them out of a lot of older computers.

EDIT: looking at pupsysinfo I thought the mesa was 3.1, not so, 3.1 is the OpenGL version, mesa = 20.0.8

Thanks
wizard

Last edited by wizard on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big pile of OLD computers

wizard

Post by wizard »

@mikewalsh

If you're interested in doing an older version that would run on older computers, v16.1 might be a good choice.

Thanks
wizard

wizard

Post by wizard »

@mikewalsh

Hi mike,
Thought you might be interested in hardware test I ran. The first two computers are desktops, others are laptops. Looks like the 18.4 portable is more particular about the video system.

kodi-test.jpg
kodi-test.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 2285 times

Thanks
wizard

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@wizard :-

Hm. Well, thanks for doing that, mate. The portable doesn't seem to like Intel graphics, does it?

My current rig has Nvidia graphics.....and even the old Compaq rig was AMD-based, so had an ATI Radeon graphics accelerator built-in to the SB400 southbridge. I could never run the portable on the old Dell (which WAS all-Intel), 'cos it was only 32-bit, y'see.....

Mike. ;)

soniabu

Post by soniabu »

Mike, remembered this kodi portable and now
as I am doing some tests with Bookworm I tried to launch this 18.4 Leila again and it works almost completely,
except that the usual video of the mp4 and streaming tv are green (disinhibiting hw acceleratio and with HW acc.).
It's a problem I already knew in my Bookworm - with Kodi 20, 19.0 matrix and Fred sensed a problem in my system and suggested I start all over again - with this test of Leila 18 we are sure that the problem is not caused by Kodi.
'll wait a few more days to see if the new system updates fix this,
otherwise as Fred advises, I'll have to start over.
that's okay. sonia
P.S
thanks for these portable applications that you find around useful to avoid bloating the operating system.

Return to “Multimedia”