plugdata-lv2 pet - something to do with audio

Moderator: Forum moderators

Vverve

plugdata-lv2 pet - something to do with audio

Post by Vverve »

Here are some pet plugdata-lv2 or latest git develop 5sept 23
plugdata-lv2-test pet i try to learn for fun ,tested in easyos with muse sequencer sfs--updated sfs+easyos ok .
It's a wip for that lv2 port of puredata (in this pet no standalone or vst,lv2 only).
As often i do ,it's not compiled in easyos ,packed from ubuntu 20.04 x64 build found online !
Dont ask for help with plug/puredata as i'm on a learning curve too!!
First pet is as is and compressed it's still 86Mb...second is 56Mb'(see post below)
This is 0.7.1+ git ???? latest found ,says 0.8.0 ...
Quite powerfull piece of sound engineering all you want in an lv2 format.
If you got success or failure or find missing libs or test with another daw or puppy using this pet let us know.
As usual , test ,explore ,repack as you wish!!!
https://plugdata.org/

Last edited by Vverve on Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vverve

Re: plugdata-lv2 pet

Post by Vverve »

Hmm , it does can do a lot !!! online help is sparse for now ...Discord forum seem to be the only choice for bugs solving(there are many).
But fun to learn with pd patches !!

Vverve

Re: plugdata-lv2 pet

Post by Vverve »

hmmm there is strange lag copying objets and jwm artifacts if refresh in easyos...if i find a way to verbose lv2 from within muse ,does not seem to be muse . Time to test with another ''puppy friendly'' distro !!
edit; in impup64,no jwm restart with strange artifacts ...that with the void/easyos latest muse +synths+ effects.sfs
let's see voidpup64,i'll be back.

Vverve

Re: plugdata-lv2 pet - something to do with audio

Post by Vverve »

Oh ,thanks mod for title details ;something with sound
What's pure data ,which this is an lv2(linux daw plugin as a vst is) port of it ; an open source visual programming language designed for musicians, visual artists and performers to create software without writing lines of code. It is used to process and generate sound or a whole composition,play or record samples, video, 2D/3D graphics, but also interface sensors, input devices, midi ,could potentially be use to make your own lv2,vst,clap plugin...a synth or an effect or both ++
definition is partially from gg ,i agree ,with :without writing lines of code ,but ,you do have to learn a lot to use it's full potential, and ,no sure about the video/graphics for that plugin , it does have spectrum analyser /oscilloscope on a visual side of it ,you can ,adding libraries or addons,ex: GEM ,generate visual effects from sounds in pure data ,within the lv2 plugin , i dont know..

Vverve

Post by Vverve »

uploaded recent plugdata-lv2-test pet ,half the size, ,as it does not have plugdata-fx lv2 ,which is a replica of lv2,trying to load both in Muse crashed anyway .
Edited first post too with link
notes&observations; to use pre build patches of ''instruments'' ,as they use soundfonts ,it need GeneralUser_GS.sf3 (no included here or in ubuntu build)that you find in git Resources/Extra , the path to it seem ''hardcode by default in easyos''(?!) to /files/documents/plugdata/Extra/GS/GeneralUser_GS.sf3 ,which is a easyos only(to my knowledges) '' user personnal persistant data path'' !!?!! i am lost in conjuncture as if plugdata or easyos which default to these ,seem all plugdata paths in settings are using that ''/files/documents/plugdata'' paths !!?!! another proof i am an end user , i dont understand all of linux ...and/or easyos

Vverve

Re: plugdata-lv2 pet - test in different puppy

Post by Vverve »

Forgot to post results , in voidpup64 it's partially working ,will not investigate ,void linux do not offer a plugdata xpbs package yet.
Test in bookworm pup64 ,it is missing a lot ,but debian build are available ,if someone is interested .

So,for now , it's an easyos / impup64 friendly pet , on the daw side, with same distro, i only use Muse , but should work with other daw if your other lv2 plugin work ,it should too.

Vverve

Post by Vverve »

Well ,i wont update the plugdata pet with newest as you can simply update it from plugdata site by yourself and install ubuntu nightly build!!
if curious !
and ,should i had , it does seems you can have both lv2 (fx+synth) at the same time,or multiples plugdata lv2 running at the same time,without crashing muse (or plugdata...unknow for now which was faulty...) but adding latest fx-lv2 to the pet did not broke any yet in Muse!!
I'm still learning it ,so much it can do ,with studies ,of course !!

Return to “Multimedia”