Universal winter wallpaper for all kinds of Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

Grey

Universal winter wallpaper for all kinds of Puppy

Post by Grey »

Happy New Year, friends!
So, instead of a gift, a winter background for Puppy. Initially I did jungle and summer. But I had to urgently and quickly redo it for the winter version.

.PNG (4 MB) https://disk.yandex.ru/i/AAW9LDdrPZnhZw

I used Fossapup and 5 programs: Gimp, Inkscape, Blender, Wings 3D and MagicaVoxel (this last one with Wine).

Yes, there are flaws with the "World". For example, it turned out that perspective is better than orthogonal projection. I decided to make a more "brutal" look, but sacrifice realism. It's like in action movies :) Besides, I just didn't have time to "put snow" on the characters.

I made the motto "fashioned from snow" like this: "Resistance is futile!" (Hello, bigpup! :thumbup2: ). Although there was an option: "It's good to have a cool beer with him!". Or even: "Change your pampers!".

It is highly recommended to watch in a resolution of 1920x1080. At other resolutions, image viewers make the image smoothed or blurred. In principle, I can do both 4K and 8K or vice versa low.
------------------------
Instead of a plot.
Robopup is on the trail of the Catbots. It seems their scout is very scared... It is unlikely that they will be able to profit from the remnants of the Puppy Civilization.

150 years before that. The prequel. The legend is like this. Sergeant Robert Pupferrum was killed in the Historical Museum by a large dinosaur bone (I think... a brachiosaurus :) ). It should be noted that at work, for brevity, his colleagues called him Robopup. So, his brain was placed in the body of a huge robot dog. Now he's a Robopup! Oh, that was his name before that... Okay, now he's a REAL Robopup.

PuppyLinux-winter-bg.jpg
PuppyLinux-winter-bg.jpg (223.83 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Winter wallpaper vs system tray

Post by Grey »

In Fossapup, the lower tray has a height of 30 pixels by default. Therefore, it (tray) covers a part of the picture. So I made a slightly different version of the picture. Rendered it in 1920x1050 resolution and added 30 transparent pixels from below. Now the height of the picture is 1080, but the system tray does not cover the lower part of the inscription "Linux".

It is best to set the desktop wallpaper like this. First put the picture in /usr/share/backgrounds/. Then Menu>>Desktop>>JWMdesk, then click Background.

In the Background, select an image and Stretch mode. Important: Three modes out of six BLUR the picture on the desktop, so Stretch :!: And finally click Apply.
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/l8zcLttjMqNh2A

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

russoodle

Re: Universal winter wallpaper for all kinds of Puppy

Post by russoodle »

Hello Grey,
That's a very cool looking desktop, in more ways than one...I like your sense of humour :)

The mud elephant, wading through the sea, leaves no tracks..

Return to “Backgrounds”