Anydesk "portable" packages - now running as 'spot'

Moderator: Forum moderators

wizard

Re: Anydesk "portable" packages - now running as 'spot'

Post by wizard »

@mikewalsh

Just tried the 64 portable on Bookworm Pup64 without success. Opened the folder and ran in terminal, no error messages.

Thanks
wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

wizard wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:09 pm

@mikewalsh

Just tried the 64 portable on Bookworm Pup64 without success. Opened the folder and ran in terminal, no error messages.

Thanks
wizard

I thought BookwormPup64 might need a newer version, so downloaded and explored the most recent. Although I could get THAT to open, its GUI was missing stuff and opening via terminal revealed gtk3 issues I don't know how to solve. But that exploration revealed that running under BookwormPup64 required that libpangox libraries be supplied. So I copied those into Mikewalsh's portable's extralibs folder. HIS Anydesk-portable then opened without apparent issues. [But I'm not setup to do a test run.]

Attached is the necessary libpangox with symlink in a tar.gz. Download, extract and copy into the portable's extralib folder. Let us know how it goes.

libpangox.tar.gz
Extract as this is a True tar.gz
(44.91 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Anyone with gtk3 knowledge may want to try building a newer version. You can download the newest tar.gz from Anydesk's website and extract it. Then copy into the extracted folder the missing components from Mikewalsh's portable, placing files from the attached tar.gz in the new portable's extralibs folder.

wizard

Post by wizard »

@mikeslr

That worked, did a client and server test and all seems to be in order.

Thanks
wizard

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@mikeslr :-

A-ha. Cheers for that, mi amigo. 6.2.1 is now running nicely in my new install of Tahrpup64.....with the addition of libsystemd & libgcrypt.

(I had the same issue here as Wizard; wouldn't run, yet the terminal was telling me zilch..... *shrug*)

I thought BookwormPup64 might need a newer version, so downloaded and explored the most recent. Although I could get THAT to open, its GUI was missing stuff and opening via terminal revealed gtk3 issues I don't know how to solve.

Hm. 6.2.1's GUI is displaying correctly here under Tahrpup64.....ancient as it is. I wouldn't like to say what's going on there.

Anyways... Ta very much, lad..! :thumbup:

T'other Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

wizard

Post by wizard »

Just for the record, before I got milkeslr's post, I dropped back to v6.0.0 and converted the .deb file into a.pet. Installed it and ran in a terminal, that gave me the missing deps, so put those in the .pet and now also have a working v6.0.0 for BW64.

Have used the same .deb to .pet or portable to .pet technique to convert other apps to run in BW64.

wizard

Return to “Network”