Clamav 64 bits - Version 0.104.2

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

Duprate

Clamav 64 bits - Version 0.104.2

Post by Duprate »

Hi! Using FatDog64-812, I tried to update my anti-virus database. The update did not complete and gave the missing information from ca-certificates.crt in /etc/ssl/certs. So I "borrowed" ca-certificates.crt from Vanilla Dpup64 and installed it on FatDog64 and my problems were solved! If other users need it, they can find this file and also the anti-virus at the address below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Clamav64, works on FatDog64, Vanilla Dpup64 and VoidPup64 and other puppies. It is a ROXapps type application. Install it on a partition or flash drive, so it won't bloat the system. Click and use! :thumbup2:

I tested the download with the following browsers: Firefox, Vivaldi and Google Chome.
In Firefox, the download proceeded normally. On Google Chrome and Vivaldi, the download was denied. I followed the driver's instructions, made the suggested configuration changes, and the downloads proceeded normally. After all, it all depends on the user-defined settings in each browser.
Note: The drive is the only place I have access to make files and apps available.

Attachments
Clamav64.jpg
Clamav64.jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Version.jpg
Version.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Last edited by Duprate on Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo_78

Re: Clamav 64 bits - Version 0.104.2

Post by Neo_78 »

@Duprate is ClamAV also available in the FatDog repository?

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Hi, Neo_78! It is not in the FatDog repository. This was an old version (0.98 32 bit) made by members of the old forum. I converted it to 64-bit and have been keeping it updated by downloading new versions from https://www.clamav.net/ :thumbup2:

Sometimes when we really want something to happen, all we can do is make it happen...

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond »

@Duprate, thank you for this.

I'm moving your post to the "Software" section.

xenial

Post by xenial »

I have never been a fan of signature based av software myself and depending on your usage i find them rather needless as a whole.

i tend to use the virus total website to scan downloaded files plus virus total has the power of over 40 av engines at it's disposal.

If a zero day happens to get into your system and clam will not have a signature for it then it's game over anyway.

Neo_78

Post by Neo_78 »

Malware is best analyzed from a second, clean system as scanning results on a potentially infected machine cannot be trusted.

VirusTotal used to have an email scanning service. You could send an email with a file attachment to the service and get a report soon thereafter, which was a cool feature. Unfortunately they seem to have stopped that service as the email-address now bounces.

mollo

Post by mollo »

[mention]Duprate[/mention]

Hi there Duprate.
There is no Clamav64 0.104.x in your drive. I was going to try it but all I find in your drive are pictures.
Can you tell me where can I find it?. Obrigado.

Duprate

Re: Clamav 64 bits - Version 1.0.1-1

Post by Duprate »

Hello! I will update to the latest stable version (Clamav® 1.0.1-1) and make it available again on the drive. I regularly use the anti-virus, but due to little interest from other users, I stopped making it available. When you download it, click on "Update Virus database".

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... z3zQq_m0oJ

:thumbup2:

Authors : nilsonmorales, mama21mama, josejp2424 (ClamAV simple gui 2013) . Shinobar (Portable 2014)- .
Duprate - convert 64 bits and update 1.0.1-1 version.
https://www.clamav.net/
ClamAV® is an open-source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats. The latest stable release is version 1.0.1.

Attachments
icon96.png
icon96.png (13.02 KiB) Viewed 905 times
mollo

Post by mollo »

Hi again

I downloaded it, unzipped it and read the instructions but there is no "clamav64" file to click to.
I thought it was a pet or sfs app as I'm keeping a collection made of only .pet and .sfs, thanks anyways.

Muito obrigado

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

The most annoying thing is to be able to download the file! You have to follow Google's instructions step by step. But then you download the "clamav.zip" file, unzip it, and you have the clamav.zip.extracted folder, inside it the clamav folder and inside the Clamav64 file, which is portable, OK?

So it is! google drive sucks...... :thumbdown:

Note: Using Firefox, I downloaded the file with no hassle...... :thumbup:

Attachments
files.jpg
files.jpg (45.66 KiB) Viewed 884 times
clamav64.jpg
clamav64.jpg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 884 times
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Duprate :-

Hey, thanks for this, guy!

As you may - or may not - know, if I want to do an occasional scan for "nasties", I usually use Comodo's AV for Linux. Which has worked very well for me over the years.

I've looked at ClamAV from time to time, but their instructions are NOT the easiest to follow. You've excelled yourselves with this, all of you. Well done.....and you've kept it 'portable', which of course is the way I, too, prefer to do things.

Nice one. Cheers!

Mike. :thumbup:

(EDIT:- No issues here with downloading stuff from Google. I've had an a/c with 'em for over 20 years, so.....I'm quite used to their idiosyncracies.)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Duprate
Have downloaded, installed and updated the database of v0.104.2. in F96-CE_4. Would not download with Palemoon but worked without a problem using Firefox. All I've done so far to test it was to scan a .pdf file which worked fine. I also like the portability. Thanks for this.

Regards,

Ken.

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Hello! May it be useful to all concerned. It's a way to keep alive the work of nilsonmorales, mama21mama, josejp2424 and shinobar, started in 2013, which are now 10 years old! I have been keeping it updated since 2018 in version Clamav-0.100.2 and now we are in version 1.0.1-1.
The version "clamav-1.1.0-rc.linux.x86_64" already exists, so soon we will have an update ......... :thumbup2:

mollo

Post by mollo »

Hi again Duprate.

I decided to try again, redownloaded your zip, from the many files I clicked in one that ended in "start", like the previous time a window with svereal text lines appeared, that window is from an app called Geany, I clicked on a button named "execute" and after that the Clamav GUI appeared, I could update signatures but couldn't scan (can't remember the error text), later I looked in the folder and now there is the "ClamAV64" file I couldn't see before.
I still prefer the pet and sfs apps but will take another look at "portable" apps, this time will try one of Mike's browsers.

Muito obrigado Duprate.

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Okay Mollo! Feel free! This Forum is a school and has a lot to see. There are many distros and many new ideas all the time. Here, we never stop and you are free to try what you want and choose what suits your interests and enrich your knowledge... :welcome:

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

xenial wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:53 pm

I have never been a fan of signature based av software myself and depending on your usage i find them rather needless as a whole.

i tend to use the virus total website to scan downloaded files plus virus total has the power of over 40 av engines at it's disposal.

If a zero day happens to get into your system and clam will not have a signature for it then it's game over anyway.

Hello everybody! I recently scanned the system files and Clamav found some "viruses"! In fact, they were false positives. I submitted these files to https://www.virustotal.com and found that the most known and "reliable" Anti Virus did not identify the same "viruses" with so much enthusiasm........

So, I decided to reduce my enthusiasm and no longer use Clamav to scan the system, using it only to scan files downloaded in the "/home/spot/Downloads" folder and, in case of detection of something suspicious, look for a second opinion.

keniv

Post by keniv »

Duprate wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 pm

Hello! I will update to the latest stable version (Clamav® 1.0.1-1) and make it available again on the drive. I regularly use the anti-virus, but due to little interest from other users, I stopped making it available. When you download it, click on "Update Virus database".

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... z3zQq_m0oJ

:thumbup2:

Authors : nilsonmorales, mama21mama, josejp2424 (ClamAV simple gui 2013) . Shinobar (Portable 2014)- .
Duprate - convert 64 bits and update 1.0.1-1 version.
https://www.clamav.net/
ClamAV® is an open-source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats. The latest stable release is version 1.0.1.

Hello, I've been using v1.0.1-1 for a while on in F96-CE_4. I posted on this earlier in the thread. I generally have been using it to scan .pdf files and the like that I've downloaded. However, today when I used it I had a problem. I was able to update the " virus data base" without a problem but on attempting to scan a .pdf file I got the error shown below.

Code: Select all

Enter the full path to scan, and wait for the final summary.
Example: /mnt/sda1
Enter location to scan: /mnt/home/esrchart.pdf
WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --detect-broken

I also tried in a different OS (fossapup 95 but not sure if it should work with fossapup 95) with a different file (text) and got a different output which is shown below.

Enter location to scan: /mnt/home/fatdogboot
/initrd/mnt/dev_save/Portables64/clamav/Clamav64/bin/clamscan: error while loading shared libraries: libclamav.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Press [Enter] to finish...

I then went back to F96-CE_4 and tried again and got what I thought was the same result and started this post. I had left the terminal open and when I went back to the desktop I found that there was a further output which is shown below.

Enter location to scan: /mnt/home/esrchart.pdf
WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --detect-broken
Scanning /initrd/mnt/dev_save/esrchart.pdf

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 8671109
Engine version: 1.0.1
Scanned directories: 0
Scanned files: 1
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 0.02 MB
Data read: 0.02 MB (ratio 1.00:1)
Time: 34.904 sec (0 m 34 s)
Start Date: 2023:07:20 19:48:49
End Date:   2023:07:20 19:49:24
Press [Enter] to finish...

This would seem to show that the file had been scanned. Does this mean that I cannot use a path that uses /mnt/home/ or is there a problem with Clamav64? Should it work with fossapup 95? I am a little baffled by the results above and would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Ken.

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Due to some errors presented by Clamav, I lost some of the confidence I had in the anti virus. I'm preparing and testing another Clamav appimage, without a graphical interface and closer to what is available on the Clamav website. Automated to just scan files in /home/spot/Downloads. I still don't have a final version.

The idea is to make something very simple, so that anyone can copy, remake and improve it. :thumbup2:

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Duprate

The idea is to make something very simple, so that anyone can copy, remake and improve it. :thumbup2:

That sounds good. I look forward to trying it.

Regards,

Ken.

Return to “Software”