Devuanpup ISOS ready to test

Moderator: Forum moderators

pp4mnklinux

Devuanpup ISOS ready to test

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody and nice summer / holidays (if u have the fortune, haha).

Although this is a F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI forum, I share these files here because its developers are the same.

Devuanpup daedalus edition x64

XFCE
MATE
LXDE
BASIC

https://sourceforge.net/projects/devuan ... edalus/64/

Hope you test them and share your oppinions with us, to improve it.

Thánks a lot for your help and attention.

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
greengeek

Re: Devuanpup ISOS ready to test

Post by greengeek »

Thanks for the links.
Generally I am looking for Puppies that can be distributed to my friends & rellies on a CD - but each of these Devuan's is too large for that.
What are the program and utilities that push the size that big?
Are they worth the extra size? Or could the extra programs be offered separately as pets or sfs etc?

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi, @greengeek :

Believe me when I said that one of my priorities was made a distro smaller than 700 mb, for this reason, but as you know, there are many reasons than make puppylinux versions bigger each time. iT can vary in size depending on various factors. While it's not accurate to say that all Linux distributions are getting bigger each day, there are a few reasons why some distributions may have made puppy be increased in size over time:

Increasing Software Packages: This distribution aim to provide a wide range of software packages to cater to different user needs. As more software projects are developed and open-source software becomes more prevalent, puppies tend to include a larger selection of packages, resulting in a larger overall size.

Enhanced Functionality: With the advancement of technology, we have tried to offer more features and functionality out of the box. This includes support for a wider range of hardware, improved graphics, multimedia capabilities, additional software tools, and better integration with various devices and networks. All of us have suffer the situation in which there are problems using an specific distro with our computer caracteristics

With this puppies we tried to drivers and firmware to ensure compatibility with a wide range of hardware devices. As new hardware components and peripherals are released, we need to incorporate the necessary drivers and firmware to support them.

Users expect that Devuanpup may include more pre-installed software and dependencies to provide a smoother out-of-the-box experience. Users often expect a wide range of applications, tools, and libraries to be readily available, which can result in larger distributions.
It's possible I lost my idea of make a distro smaller than 700Mb, because nowadays all os us use PenDrives, so the size it is not so important (for instances I have all this DevuanPup distros installed into an USB usign multiboot configuration)

Hope this could help you.... (take a look at my signature links, I recomend you to use F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4 ... AMAZING)

Have a nice day.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

Thanks for the full reply.
How do you handle the drivers and firmware? Are they in a separate fdrv?

Return to “F96CE-XFCE-FUSILLI”