some successor to Angel3 puppy?

Moderator: Forum moderators

oui

some successor to Angel3 puppy?

Post by oui »

I continue to use from time to time Angel3 Puppy (https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Angel_Linux) for different uses. But it is now really old. Some successor to Angel3 puppy known?

fredx181

Re: some successor to Angel3 puppy?

Post by fredx181 »

oui wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:10 am

I continue to use from time to time Angel3 Puppy (https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Angel_Linux) for different uses. But it is now really old. Some successor to Angel3 puppy known?

Perhaps in heaven :lol:

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

fredx181 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:16 pm
oui wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:10 am

Perhaps in heaven :lol:

Exactly. :!:
But returning to the realm of us mortals, what do you use it for? If that doesn't include having to access the internet, there are a many choices. If internet access wanted, we'll have to know the limitations of your computer including CPU, amount of RAM, and your graphics card. And it would also help to know what real-world activities --other than as a paper-weight-- you want it to be able to perform.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

@mikeslr , I could be wrong but the main characteristic of Angel_Puppy is the quantity of emulators it includes.

It has got other important features, but I think @oui (he/she can verify) is interested ,specially, on them.

emulators for: ps2, psx, mame, nes, snes, n64, smd, sms, 32x, saturn, neogeo cd, atari, apple, dosbox, msx, zx spectrum, scummvm, commodore, colecovision, amstrad,

For users interested about games, Angel Linux, with its emulators offers a very interesting quality, we can use it to play old games (Retro-gaming). Emulators allow us to play games from older consoles and platforms on puppy. With a wide selection of emulators available in Angel Linux, we can enjoy a nostalgic gaming experience by running games from classic systems like NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, and more. This opens up a vast library of games that may otherwise be inaccessible.

But I think there is no update to Angel_Linux ... or at least something similar, because it was based in only one person and this project finished with him..... snif, snif

oui

Post by oui »

yes, it is completely exact!

and angel3 includes a lot of the best goodies out the exactly 10 years passed time!

probably it would be possible to continue to use the most of them in a Puppy 64 bits including the 32 bit compatibility set (as josep2424 did propose to us in his depositories at sourceforge.net for buster and/or devuan). i continue to also often use April64 with modern browser and it does, it does (why? The 2 main sfs of it have the sizes of 81,6 + 28,4 MB!!! There is NO other system you can enter and start faster :welcome: !)

But today, a 64 bit main system would be an exigence because of the virtualization of Android with Androbox and more and without for ex. "zoom", a new version (angel4 ?) would be really incomplete.

Return to “Puppy Derivatives”