nicOS-AudioBook-Creator (2022)

Post by amethyst »

Deleted, leaving the forum.

Attachments
Audiobook Creator.jpg
Audiobook Creator.jpg (39.44 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Screenshot(2).jpg
Screenshot(2).jpg (65.26 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Last edited by amethyst on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 am, edited 18 times in total.
amethyst

Re: nicOS-Documents2Audio

Post by amethyst »

Deleted

Last edited by amethyst on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Deleted

Last edited by amethyst on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Deleted

Last edited by amethyst on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
amethyst

Re: nicOS-AudioBook-Creator

Post by amethyst »

I've completely overhauled this application. See first post for information and new download link.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Some good sites for books. These sites generally just provide external links for downloading but have nice descriptions of the books. Decide for yourself whether you want to download a book this way for personal use, I'm not your moral compass. Provided as general information, only ;)
https://pdfduck.com/
https://ebookbb.com/
http://162.218.194.49:8080/mobile (this one is :shock: )

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I've just stumbled upon a massive online library for ebooks. For instance I searched for an old writer like Heinz Konsalik and got over 500 results, amazing. It's very easy to download and you do not leave the actual site, doesn't seem to be any advertising either. Books also seem to be in different languages. It wasn't necessary for me to register/login to download or use the search function: https://za1lib.org/

IMPORTANT:
1. I'm providing this for information purposes only.
2. Many of the books must be copyright material so if this is a problem for you DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE BOOKS. However, many books have a synopsis so that may be of interest to you too nevertheless.

amethyst

Re: nicOS-AudioBook-Creator (2022)

Post by amethyst »

Deleted

Last edited by amethyst on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Another upgrade. Change log:
1. Added user options for text to mp3 conversion (you can choose higher bit rate for better quality). This is useful if you are going to use high quality voices. Note that the package only includes the SAPI4 speech engine and SAPI4 voices. If you are going to use SAPI5 voices you will need to install SAPI5. Link for SAPI5: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... hSDK51.exe. Also - If you are going to use SAPI5, use the TTSReader GUI program instead of the Text to MP3 option of the utility because the latter is pre-configured for use with SAPI4 voices.
2. A newer version of the lame encoder.
3. Some miscellaneous stuff.
See first post for new download link.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

For personal use I made one script which lists all options in one menu. You can replace the eBookCreator script of the utility in /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/OpenWith with this attached one if you like (remove the fake .gz extension). Example: Say you want to convert an ebook file to text, split it into smaller chunks of 45KB each and convert the text files to mp3 with 32 Kb/s bitrate quality, you would: Right-click the ebook file to be processed > click AudioBookCreator from the right-click menu > tick the CONVERT TO TEXT, SPLIT TEXT, 45 KB Text Size Chunks, TEXT TO MP3, 32 Kb/s bitrate box options > click 'OK'. The whole operation will then proceed automatically without any further user input.

4/8/2022. Edited the script. There was a problem if you only wanted to convert documents to text.

Attachments
AudioBookCreator.gz
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
AudioBookCreator.png
AudioBookCreator.png (56.2 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Last edited by amethyst on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
amethyst

Post by amethyst »

A tip with using this selection boxes. You can pre-select the options (this is useful if you are using the same options over and over again). To do this you'll need to edit the script. Right-click the script and choose 'Open As Text'. Look for the section where the items are named. The default is that each item will be followed by a "no" box option. You can change this to "yes" for the items you want to be pre-selected. If you want to choose other options, just deselect the pre-selected item and tick another option.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I've encountered a problem when using the utility with a fresh version of WINE. Re-packaged it. See first post for new download link and instructions.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

amethyst wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:58 pm

I've just stumbled upon a massive online library for ebooks. For instance I searched for an old writer like Heinz Konsalik and got over 500 results, amazing. It's very easy to download and you do not leave the actual site, doesn't seem to be any advertising either. Books also seem to be in different languages. It wasn't necessary for me to register/login to download or use the search function: https://za1lib.org/

IMPORTANT:
1. I'm providing this for information purposes only.
2. Many of the books must be copyright material so if this is a problem for you DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE BOOKS. However, many books have a synopsis so that may be of interest to you too nevertheless.

zlib GONE, domains seized by FBI. :shock: Pity, rare stuff could be found there. :(

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Here is an alternative for books: https://libgen.fun/
This domain seems to be faster: https://libgen.is/ - The "Crust" download option on the download page seems to work fastest for me.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Z-Library is back!!! As a previous user I got an email from them with my private access links. Don't know about new users but perhaps send them an email at this address: support@z-lib.se and ask how to join.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Actually not sure it's necessary to register to download but the site can be accessed at this address: https://zlibrary-asia.se/

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

@amethyst "It's great to be passionate about something but there are limits. Just don't become like some of the others (I will not mention names/the name) who goes on about the same things for months on end. It becomes tiresome.... if you try to boost your own opinion/creation 1000+ times (it may even become annoying) ",

tosim

Post by tosim »

@amethyst WOW! Thanks so much for their new url. BTW-I was able to login using my same info as I did at
their previous url, before....

Return to “WINE 32 Bit”