Please share your desktops so I can make a wallpapers collection

Moderator: Forum moderators

pp4mnklinux

Please share your desktops so I can make a wallpapers collection

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

I saw how followed is the "Show us your desktop" post, but when you post your desktop no one can use it because of the included icons.

I want to make a collection of wallpapers for F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLE puppy derivative, and I think your help could be very important.

Do you mind to share your desktops so I can edit them ?

I think this is the best way to produce wallpapers globally acepted, and people could use them the way they want.

If you are interested, please, attach your wallpaper. (user/share/backgrouds)

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE. . - I will start.-

EDITED.-

Due to observations about saving space ( viewtopic.php?p=89113#p89113 ).- Now I upload the wallpapers to drive and you can access there with this link.

VIEWERS.- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

You can continue uploading links to your suggested wallpapers (tell me where are hosted, and I will download them, edit them and upload to drive when they are ready to share as F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI wallpapers).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sun May 14, 2023 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
bigpup

Re: Wallpapers Collection

Post by bigpup »

You really do not need to do this, unless you want to provide a wallpaper with a logo or writing on it.

It is easy to search the internet for many, many places offering free to download wallpapers.

Example:
https://wallpapers.com/

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi, @bigpup and thanks for your comment:

If you read the first post, this is my idea.- I know you can find thousand of wallpapers when searching on the net, and that is the reason I started this post.

There are so many than I want to use only what puppy users think they are beauty.

4 eyes, can see much more then 2, so imagine 6, 8, 10, 12...jaja :D

We wanna make a distro everybody like, so I want to give them a puppy wallpapers collection everybody can use and feel confortable with.

It could be some thin "unuseful" for people like you, used to code, but it could be the first line that make newbies decide to use a puppy.

It is only an idea, it could works or not, but.... I think we should try.

Thanks a lot for your collaboration.- CHEERS and have a nice day.

n.b.- I posted it here to specify a place in this forum.- If you consider the user's post must be deleted, let me know, plz

viewtopic.php?t=8687

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@pp4mnklinux / @bigpup :-

Nnn.......no; I wouldn't say delete the thread. The idea of a wallpaper collection is not new at all; there were a few on the old forum, as I recall.

It would be a bit pointless me sharing my own collection of 'papers, since they're all very much tailored for a specific layout. I tend to decide on the layout first, then 'build' the desktop background to suit it.....

The only thing I will say is this; IF you're going to present every example as an attachment, you're going to end up consuming a lot of rockedge's 'virtual' storage on just one subject. Far better if you could create your collection at a remote location - Google Drive, or one of the many image-hosting sites, for example - then provide a permanent link so that others could view the full collection, please.

--------------------------------------

I think it's important for us, as a community - and bearing in mind that many of us have come through the change of forum, from "before" to "now" - to not only consider the day-to-day interests of the community's 'Puppy' issues, but to also be mindful of the infra-structure which supports that community (like this forum).

Let's expend a wee bit of thought, and TLC, and 'look after it'..!

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Ok.... I'll do the following.- If you think it's ok....

I mantein the first post with a link to the drive where are hosted this wallpapers.

People can upload to the forum links to them...ok?

Let's see what happens.

Thanks a lot.

I can't fully delete these post, If you (@mikewalsh ) are so thankful, please, except the first one where I included drive link. Can you delete the rest?

Thanks

n.b.- Excuseme... I made that because I thought there was no problem .- Show My Desktop is working for years, haha, and I thought there was no problem.- Excuse me again.- THANKS :arrow:

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

This seems the place to have a topic like this:

Forum section Additional Software -> Eye Candy -> Backgrounds
viewforum.php?f=139

The background/wallpaper, used in a Puppy version release, is going to be up to the person developing the Puppy version.

We have been down this road before, with different Puppy versions, being asked for wallpaper suggestions.

Very few, if any suggested ones, get used.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “Backgrounds”