XMPlay

Moderator: Forum moderators

amethyst

XMPlay

Post by amethyst »

Full-featured audio player I've been using for about 20 years. Plays all formats (need to install extra plug-ins) as well as modular files. Just google XMplay to download from the official site. There is also a support site where you can download plugins, add-ons, skins, etc.
Note:
There seems to be issues using different skins when running in WINE. However, using minimal mode for the main interface and enabling the extended playlist generally works fine for me. Attached a screenshot of the LunaFamfam skin I use.

Attachments
XMPlay.jpg
XMPlay.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
amethyst

Re: XMPlay

Post by amethyst »

This player has great functionality, for instance: I use queuing a lot. So one can select and queue tracks from a playlist in a specific playing order but the nice thing is that there is a setting which will stop the playlist from continuing to play after the selected queued items have been played. The latter function seems to be difficult to find with other players.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Just have to sing the praises of this program again. Been listening to the top 100's hits of past decades. Thousands of songs listed and none of them same volume, etc. This proggie does a marvelous job of volume gain/normalization (its instantaneous from start to finish), etc. and the sound quality exceptional. Tried with SMPlayer (frontend for mplayer) and although the volume gain works it tends to kick in at different stages during a song. Some Windows programs are just unbeatable.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

It is clear that many of the manufacturers of audio cards and devices purpose built the equipment for Microsoft systems. Most computers where purpose built for Windows operation and with no consideration for alternative operating systems. Some of the more popular audio cards began existence as MS-DOS machine components.

Almost every laptop was designed for Windows operation unless it's an Apple and their even worse. Some it's impossible to switch over to Linux.

Microsoft keeps having dependencies on DLL libraries that are closed source almost secret.

Return to “WINE 32 Bit”