Viber SFS

Moderator: Forum moderators

ronriel

Viber SFS

Post by ronriel »

Hello.

I've had trouble running Viber desktop app for too long. I finally got it working by replacing some of the libs.
Tested this under Puppy Linux Dpup Buster 64.

-Added libxcb-keysyms.so.1
-Replaced Viber/plugins/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so (from Debian)

I have put together an SFS. This will run as spot. Hope it works for you too.

Viber 13.3.1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/16O0TzA ... sp=sharing

edit: additional Information.

"Viber is a cross-platform voice over IP (VoIP) and instant messaging (IM) software application operated by Japanese multinational company Rakuten, provided as freeware for the Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Users are registered and identified through a cellular telephone number, although the service is accessible on desktop platforms without needing mobile connectivity. In addition to instant messaging it allows users to exchange media such as images and video records, and also provides a paid international landline and mobile calling service called Viber Out. As of 2018, there are over a billion registered users on the network"

-ronriel

Last edited by ronriel on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
bigpup

Re: Viber SFS

Post by bigpup »

Any information on what it is and what it does?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

ronriel

Post by ronriel »

bigpup wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Any information on what it is and what it does?

I updated the original post. Thanks.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Download link is dead.

Says no file found.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

A 188Mb AppImage and a 127 Mb 'Ubuntu deb' can be obtained here, https://www.viber.com/en/download/. Creating a functioning application for Puppys isn't high on my ToDo List. I don't know any of the billion or so people who use viper to communicate.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@mikeslr

Apparently, it is a popular application in India and Asia

pp4mnklinux

What are the advantages of Viper ?

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello:

FIRST OF ALL, as @mikeslr said, no one of my contacts is using VIPER

mikeslr wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:56 pm

. I don't know any of the billion or so people who use viper to communicate.

It is a software application that allows users to make free voice and video calls, send instant messages, and share files with other Viper users so in my case it is no useful since no one of my friends have got it... as I said.

It offers a range of features similar to other popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, Skype, and FaceTime (MY VOTE GOES FOR TELEGRAM)

One of the standout features of Viper is its end-to-end encryption, which means that only the intended recipient can read messages and view files. This provides an extra layer of security and privacy for users.

Viper is available for download on desktop and mobile devices, and it supports cross-platform communication, which means that users can connect with others regardless of the device or operating system they are using.

In addition to its basic communication features, Viper also offers features like group chats, location sharing, and the ability to make international calls to non-Viper users for a fee but this addition is not better than TELEGRAM.

I understand that you have interest in VIPER for personal reasons (friends, contacts, bussiness...) but I suggest you to use other program.- RAMBOX ... and include all the connection methods you can imagine (Since I discovered it I forgot the proprietary whats app, telegram, gmail, meet ----https://youtu.be/UeUV1H9G1uw

Return to “Network”