Puppy and Retro fun

Moderator: Forum moderators

Grey

Puppy and Retro fun

Post by Grey »

So I tried Batocera and Lakka and everything else.
I didn't like Batocera because it always wants something from a flash drive (which I have with an LED indicator). Lakka is RetroArch.
So I decided that the combination of Fossapup + RetroArch is better.

I have converted everything that could be converted to the new .chd (compressed hunks of data) and .cso formats for disk systems. For convenience, I used this small project. I didn't install deb, I just took the script from there (game-converter.sh ). I already had chdman installed with MAME:

So far I have collected more than 30 systems, ranging from the Game & Watch series to the PS3. There are already 27 systems in the main folder, the rest like PS2, PS3, ScummVM are sorted separately for now. Almost a terabyte:

I also replaced the real configuration folder with a link. And I moved the folder itself to the root of the disk. Games, playlists and art are in the same place:

I finally got tired of the blue standard background and icons. Therefore, I decorated it a little.
On the left is the cover, on the right is a screenshot - in principle, it is concise and convenient. I decided to give up video clips from games as an excess:

RetroArch_GandW.jpg
RetroArch_GandW.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 905 times
RetroArch_SegaCD.jpg
RetroArch_SegaCD.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 905 times
RetroArch_3DS.jpg
RetroArch_3DS.jpg (94.48 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “Emulation”