zigbert's pwidgets

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

zigbert's pwidgets

Post by mikeslr »

For the latest information check out pwidgets @ http://wikka.puppylinux.com/Pwidgets

Pwidgets an display on the desktop any of a comprehensive list of widget. See Screenshot and the wikka as zigbert announces changes there.

pwidgets.png
pwidgets.png (284.58 KiB) Viewed 2457 times

Available here, http://smokey01.com/zigbert/ in both 32-and-64-bit versions.
It provides a version of Conky sufficient to meet the dependency of DogRadio.

Edit Feb 06, 2021: See viewtopic.php?p=17026#p17026

Last edited by mikeslr on Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
bigpup

Re: zigbert's pwidgets

Post by bigpup »

This is a very good program for what it is suppose to do.

However, it is in need of some updating, to work correctly, in newer Puppy versions.
All the recent Puppy versions have issues.
Pwidgets installs and runs.
But several of the select-able items, do not function or completely function.

If someone is going to help fix it.
I can report on specific items that do not work.

With Fossapup64 9.x.x having Conky built in.
Not sure what Pwidget will do, trying to install the Conky, it has.
Update:
Tried Pwidgets in Fossapup64 9.xxx
It takes over the Conky control, but now there are several Conky controls, in the menu.
Still has several select-able items, that do not work.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikeslr

Analog Clock under Bionicpup64 & Clock Skins

Post by mikeslr »

Hi all,

At least under my Bionicpup64, the analog clock didn't work. ldd of pwidgets didn't show anything missing. But a specific exam of xonclock, the binary pwidget's employs, revealed that the 64-bit version libtiff.so.3 (I think that was the libtiff version) was missing. Creating a symbolic link named libtiff.so.3 to the present later version solved the problem.

The 8.3 Mbs = 231 clock-skins catdude packaged, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 690#604690 are still available. Just download the tar.gz, extract it and copy the ones you want into /usr/local/pwidgets/widget/clock_skins. Then reconfigure pwidgets.

Some of those 231 clock-skins.

Thanks Catdude
Thanks Catdude
Screenshot.png (387.37 KiB) Viewed 2286 times

If that's not enough, I know I found other clock-skins somewhere. At the moment, neither memory nor google-search suggests where. :(

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

I'm fiddling with the next pWidgets. If you want to test it and give some feedback, please do...

There will be a 32-bit pet as well...

Attachments
pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64.pet
(333.04 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
keniv

Post by keniv »

zigbert wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:23 pm

I'm fiddling with the next pWidgets. If you want to test it and give some feedback, please do...

Hi, I had pwidgets-2.5.8-x86_64.pet installed in bionicpup64 8.0. Puppylinux, cpu_bar, ram_bar and processes all work. Wireless did not work. Have just upgraded to pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64.pet and I'm in the same position in that the three that worked still work and wireless still does not work. Don't know if it's possible to run these in a terminal. If it is possible then I'll try it if you can tell me how it's done.

Regards,

Ken.

Edit: Just done the same in Slacko 7 64bit and got exactly the same result so for me the problem seems to be with wireless.

mikeslr

Re: zigbert's pwidgets - New 64 bit version

Post by mikeslr »

zigbert has just posted on the Slacko 7.0 thread having put together a new 64-bit version, viewtopic.php?p=16839#p16839 and provided a link, viewtopic.php?p=17009#p17009. Recommend that you proceed with caution for now, i.e., backup your SaveFile &/or test in RAM before Saving.

pwidgets is one of my favorite apps, but I mostly run 'Ubuntu/debian' Puppies. And I won't have time for a few days to explore. But expect to hear more from me on this thread. And don't hesitate to share here your experience with it.

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

I couldn't get Wireless to work either, so I grabbed the old Wireless widget by Trio. With some small fixes, it works here...
Please try

Attachments
(332.16 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
01micko

Post by 01micko »

Here is a patched xonclock.

Remember @zigbert in the old days we had to click the desktop for the clock to show up? That bug is fixed. See https://github.com/01micko/xonclock for details on the pmdesktop.c library. It attempts to find the correct desktop layer in any DE. There is a separate repo for that https://github.com/01micko/pmdesktop

Note: the code is old and tricky to compile. I'll revisit that someday but it is not a top priority.

Pet reuploaded after 1 download - sorry - binary not stripped. The bin itself is only 62K - the bloat in the pet is the png backgrounds.

Attachments
xonclock-master-0.9.3-x86_64.pet
(283.76 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
keniv

Post by keniv »

zigbert wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:52 pm

I couldn't get Wireless to work either, so I grabbed the old Wireless widget by Trio. With some small fixes, it works here...
Please try

Just tried on Slacko64 7.0 and it now works with puppylinux, cpu_bar, ram_bar, processes and wireless, however, it only seems to work with four entries. I took out all of the "default" widgets except puppylinux then added cpu_bar, ram_bar, processes and wireless. All worked except puppylinux. I then took out then reinstalled puppylinux but placed it at the bottom and it worked. Moved puppylinux back to the top and all still worked but wireless, which I have at the bottom of my list of five widgets, had disappeared.
I'll try in bionicpup64 8.0 and report back.

Regards,

Ken.

keniv

Post by keniv »

keniv wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 am

Please try

Just tried on Slacko64 7.0 and it now works with puppylinux, cpu_bar, ram_bar, processes and wireless, however, it only seems to work with four entries. I took out all of the "default" widgets except puppylinux then added cpu_bar, ram_bar, processes and wireless. All worked except puppylinux. I then took out then reinstalled puppylinux but placed it at the bottom and it worked. Moved puppylinux back to the top and all still worked but wireless, which I have at the bottom of my list of five widgets, had disappeared.
I'll try in Bionicpup64 8.0 and report back.

Regards,

Ken.

Edit: I tried in Bionicpup64 8.0 and this time things went better though although the analogue clock is listed in the "default" widgets it did not appear on initial install. I made my changes to the widget list and puppylinux, cpu_bar, ram_bar, processes and wireless all work together. I added the digital clock to the list and this also worked with the others. I went back to Slacko64 7.0 and added the digital clock to the list and this time all six widgets worked so it looks like I'm not limited to running four widgets as I thought. I then removed the digital clock to see if wireless still worked and it did. So in summary I now have the five widgets I normally use working in both Slacko64 7.0 and Bionicpup64 8.0.

There will be a 32-bit pet as well...

I've tried pwidgets-2.5.8-486 with DpupStretch and Racy 5.5.1 (both 32bit) and the five widgets I use work in both but not sure if they would work with 32bit versions of more modern pups as I don't use them. It would be interesting to know if it did.

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Remember @zigbert in the old days we had to click the desktop for the clock to show up? That bug is fixed. See https://github.com/01micko/xonclock for details on the pmdesktop.c library. It attempts to find the correct desktop layer in any DE. There is a separate repo for that https://github.com/01micko/pmdesktop

Note: the code is old and tricky to compile. I'll revisit that someday but it is not a top priority.

Pet reuploaded after 1 download - sorry - binary not stripped. The bin itself is only 62K - the bloat in the pet is the png backgrounds.

Thank you @01micko .
I have included your xonclock into next test-build. To get the old one to work, I had to include libjpeg and libpng12 from Slacko64 6.3.2. Is this one compiled more universally? Can we expect it to work on other Puppies than Slacko 7, - or should I include some libs from this system? And, why is xonclock depening on libjpeg that does not support transparency?

01micko

Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 pm
01micko wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Thank you @01micko .
I have included your xonclock into next test-build. To get the old one to work, I had to include libjpeg and libpng12 from Slacko64 6.3.2. Is this one compiled more universally? Can we expect it to work on other Puppies than Slacko 7, - or should I include some libs from this system? And, why is xonclock depening on libjpeg that does not support transparency?

One of the bugs fixed is that it would not compile or run against libpng-16. This has been around since more than 5 years (and my bugfixes are from 2016!). I haven't built for 32 bit recently.

libjpeg is builtin dep, but if you need I can probably weed it out. Deps are also libtiff and libxpm. With jpeg you can always use a square clock :P

It should run in anything later than Xenial, which is getting quite old by now.

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:06 am

libjpeg is builtin dep, but if you need I can probably weed it out. Deps are also libtiff and libxpm. With jpeg you can always use a square clock :P

It should run in anything later than Xenial, which is getting quite old by now.

Using linpng as only dependency would be preferable, but if it's running on most systems, it's just fine.
Thanks a lot!

Will upload new pack when my fix-list gets shorter ;)

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

pWidgets 2.5.10-test4

I want to hear from you - does it work on your system?

Changelog 2.5.10
- Include libjpeg (32bit / 64bit) and libpng12 (64bit) for xonlclock to work
- Do not use Cpu_bar widget in default profile to avoid crash for odd/recent cpu's
- Use 01micko's xonclock.
- Bugfix: link to wikka in help menu
- Bugfix: Open plugins from menu
- Bugfix: Up/down/remove doesn't differ between weather and weather2
- Birthday: Update widget to be a more general reminder
- Calendar: Fix spacing in monday-configuration
- Battery_bar: New widget to fit together with Ram_bar and Cpu_bar
- Space_drives: Use label of partition if exist

Attachments
pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64-test4.pet
(182.77 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Last edited by zigbert on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I had to rename the PET from :
pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64-test4.pet
to :

for it to install. Name mismatch error prevented petget from installing it. Once I changed the name it installed and runs.
Bionic64-8.0 and will next install on several Fossapup64's as well.

Screenshot(47).png
Screenshot(47).png (208.95 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
davids45

Re: zigbert's 64pwidgets - quick test of test4

Post by davids45 »

G'day zigbert,

Pet won't run with '-test4' in name.
Deleted that bit and pet installed in 64Slacko-7.0.

Added the widgets I'm interested in and 'applied'.
Screenshot shows:
1.) CPU-Temp is the very old version that needs better config script (compare with 32-bit pwidgets screenshots). Maybe it has to be computer-specific as I have to edit it between my desktop and laptop.
2.) Weather (weatherstation2) is probably not working as display seems locked into values from last time it ran; I'll try again when it's night-time and the temperature and weather-icon should change. There was a problem some years ago with the old choice of weather-feed web-site which became unavailable. I haven't tried all the weather widgets to see.
3.) Wireless is working

When I have the time, I'll edit the 64-configs to see if I can match my 32bit version (screenshots) that I am happy with for my desktop.

Thanks for updating pwidgets.

David S

Attachments
64slacko-pwidget210211.jpg
64slacko-pwidget210211.jpg (30.74 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
32slacko70-pwidgets.jpg
32slacko70-pwidgets.jpg (41.93 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
32slacko7-pwidgets-oldversion.jpg
32slacko7-pwidgets-oldversion.jpg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
zigbert

Re: zigbert's 64pwidgets - quick test of test4

Post by zigbert »

Sorry about the bad filenaming. now fixed.

davids45 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:49 am

1.) CPU-Temp is the very old version that needs better config script (compare with 32-bit pwidgets screenshots). Maybe it has to be computer-specific as I have to edit it between my desktop and laptop.

Do you have a more recent widget for CPU temperature?

davids45

Re: zigbert's pwidgets -Temp-CPU

Post by davids45 »

G'day zigbert,

I think the default Temp-CPU widget was created by forum member Trio to watch for high temperatures in his EEE laptop. His widget was specific to only this computer.

For running on any other computer, the temp-cpu pwidget config needs editing to use the data from the temperature reporting module(s) of this other computer.
If the computer has no such module then the widget will not work.

My rough 'how to' maybe get Temp-CPU to work on a different computer:
1) find the module with which your computer can view its operating temperatures - Puppy's Boot Manager can test load modules to see if it's the one you need. There could be other ways to find if your CPU has such modules.
2) load on booting the temperature module - e.g. coretemp is a fairly common one - it's on my ~10-year old laptop; my ~15 year old HP desktops use an smsc47b397 module so you may need to hunt around if it is not an obvious one like 'coretemp!
3) run sensors in the terminal to see what and how the data are displayed - load lmsensors pet or sfs if the terminal replies it's not loaded.
4) in your text editor, open the existing Temp-CPU (temp-cpu) widget config file - in /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/
5) edit the TEXT lines at bottom of the default Temp-CPU widget to extract values from the lines of the terminal sensors output and display these in the Temp-CPU widget.

trial and error with grep, cut and sed commands eventually worked for me - I have no idea what 'grep', 'sed' and 'cut' do, but my guess is one says which program to get detail from ('sensors'?), one to choose which lines in the output to use, and the other how to choose which bits of those lines to cut for display.

5) colour the widget display and pick the font size and placement - pretty it up if you know how
6) save the new Temp-CPU config file

Examples
My desktop's config for its smsc47b397 module:

#this is a Pwidgets config file
#the actual building of the graphics is defined in bottom of this file, - after 'TEXT'.
#need cpu temp monitor module found and loaded
#lm-sensors loaded to show display of module output
#edit TEXT lines to display parts of output in widget with grep, cut and sed

#### PWIDGETS #####

HEIGHT=240
OFFSET_X_LEFT=1080
OFFSET_X_RIGHT=20

#### CONKY ####
#COLORS --- 0:headings 1:base-info 2:extra-info 3:markers 5:green 6:red
#Colors are defined in theme-files, - NOT here.
color0 A2914E
color1 666666
color2 bbbbbb
color3 ffab00
color5 499D3A
color6 red

background no
own_window yes
own_window_type roxdesktop
#own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_colour hotpink
double_buffer yes
total_run_times 0
update_interval 1
minimum_size 180 5
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
stippled_borders 2
border_margin 4
border_width 1
default_color white
default_shade_color 333333
default_outline_color red
no_buffers yes
uppercase no
use_spacer none
#font fixed
use_xft yes
xftfont dejavu:size=9

TEXT
${font pdingobats2:size=20}${color4}z${font :size=12}${color yellow} CPU Temps
${font :size=9}${color pink} ${execi 33 sensors | grep -A 9 'smsc' | cut -c1-25 | sed '/^$/d'}
${color green} Frequency core1: $alignr$color${freq freq(0)} Mhz
${color1} Frequency core2: $alignr$color${freq freq(1)} Mhz

My Samsung laptop config with its coretemp module is:

#this is a Pwidgets config file
#the actual building of the graphics is defined in bottom of this file, - after 'TEXT'.

#### PWIDGETS #####

HEIGHT=130
OFFSET_X_LEFT=1140
OFFSET_X_RIGHT=20

#### CONKY ####
#COLORS --- 0:headings 1:base-info 2:extra-info 3:markers 5:green 6:red
#Colors are defined in theme-files, - NOT here.
color0 A2914E
color1 666666
color2 bbbbbb
color3 ffab00
color5 499D3A
color6 red

background no
own_window yes
own_window_type roxdesktop
#own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_colour hotpink
double_buffer yes
total_run_times 0
update_interval 1
minimum_size 180 5
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
stippled_borders 2
border_margin 4
border_width 1
default_color white
default_shade_color 333333
default_outline_color red
no_buffers yes
uppercase no
use_spacer none
#font fixed
use_xft yes
xftfont dejavu:size=9

TEXT
${font pdingobats2:size=20}${color4}z${font :size=12}${color yellow} CPU Temps
${font :size=9}${color pink} ${execi 33 sensors | grep -A 9 'core' | cut -c1-20 | sed '/^$/d'}
${color green} Frequency core1: $alignr$color${freq freq(0)} Mhz
${color1} Frequency core2: $alignr$color${freq freq(1)} Mhz

The above coretemp config should/could/might work as-is if you have a coretemp-moduled CPU?

In both config examples, it's the 'TEXT' section at the end, and the second line of that in particular, that determines if this widget will display properly.
If it does work but looks tatty, then prettying it up and fitting to your monitor needs fiddling around with other lines of this config as well.

Unfortunately, not a "one-size-fits-all" widget as far as I can see :cry: .

David S.

Attachments
smsc-temp-widget.jpg
smsc-temp-widget.jpg (64.19 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
32bionic-laptop-sensors.jpg
32bionic-laptop-sensors.jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
32bionic-laptop-widgets1.jpg
32bionic-laptop-widgets1.jpg (45.8 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
zigbert

Post by zigbert »

Things are shaping up - pwidgets-2.5.10-test6

pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64-test6.pet
(182.44 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Major improvements
- Improved look and feel in most widgets
- Define spacing between widgets (see screeny)
- Works in combination with Conky

What's left
- general gui improvements [zigbert]
- Update wikka page [hopefully you]
- Fix non-working widgets [hopefully you]

• EUR_USD

• Horoscope

• RssFeed

• ScrollText [zigbert]

• Sun

• Temp_cpu [zigbert]

• Weather_Station

- We miss widgets for things like moon phase and tides [hopefully you]

forum.jpg
forum.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Last edited by zigbert on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Testing latest version along side conky Fossapup64

starting to try out various features.

Screenshot(9).png
Screenshot(9).png (89.33 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Hi guys,

You kind of lost me with "- Works in combination with Conky". The 'old' version included it own Conky, albeit an older version which --'though able to support dogradio-- had some limitations. Do you mean:

(a) Conky is no longer built-into pwidgets and so won't over-ride the Conky version otherwise available to your Puppy: that Conky is a dependency you must install; or
(b) The Conky version built into pwidget will happily co-exist with your Puppy-Specific Conky version; so you can run both and have both displayed on the desktop; or
( c) something else?

A very fancy version of Conky has lua as a dependency. Any idea as to whether pwidget can be used with it?

By the way, the Weather2 module of the 'old' pwidgets does work, sort-of. It picks up the information transmitted by the weather station and displays it. But the display is more in the nature of an 'in the ball park' figure than exactly accurate. Too many variables as to what has gone wrong, and a need to understand its coding stand in the way of my suggesting a solution.

One of other 2 weather choices will do the same. I forget which. As for the third, I don't remember if it did like-wise, or whether its source of information is now 'off the air'.

davids45

Re: zigbert's pwidgets - test5

Post by davids45 »

G'day zigbert,

Very quick test of test5 in my TESTING-64Slacko70 Pup.

1) the 'Apply' button when changing the widgets lay-out or adding/subtracting a widget does not work correctly - leaves the old lay-out and covers the new lay-out.
2) Spacing widgets - my problem is wanting too many widgets in one column; can there be an easy way to shrink every displayed widget to fit a particular height monitor? Or can each default be made say 50% smaller?
3) with lm-sensors loaded and my cpu's temperature module also loaded, my 32-bit pwidget Temp-CPU config replacing the test5 invalid Temp-CPU default config works nicely - but adds another 10 lines to this widget so my point 2) above is made worse - too many widgets and too many too big widgets.
4) WeatherStation2 is working for me as noted in the previous post.

Thanks for your time working with the pwidgets.

David S.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

This is an example of what I meant by 'in the ball park' in my prior post. With Weather2 selected as the source, pwidgets currently displays the temperature for my town as 15 degree fahrenheit. Weather.com has it as 24 degrees, while 'google' thinks its a balmy 27. I don't recall the pwidget-Weather2 display has ever indicated it was hotter than that reported by others. And, IIRC, the graphic showing 'sunny', 'rainy' etc. is usually appropriate.
As is, the 'old' version is accurate enough to suggest that at the current moment I should rethink any idea I might have had about taking a leisurely stroll in my skivvies.

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

mikeslr wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:55 pm

Do you mean:

(a) Conky is no longer built-into pwidgets and so won't over-ride the Conky version otherwise available to your Puppy: that Conky is a dependency you must install; or
(b) The Conky version built into pwidget will happily co-exist with your Puppy-Specific Conky version; so you can run both and have both displayed on the desktop; or
( c) something else?

B

I have no intention to take pWidgets to a more recent conky.

zigbert

Re: zigbert's pwidgets - test5

Post by zigbert »

davids45 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:39 am

1) the 'Apply' button when changing the widgets lay-out or adding/subtracting a widget does not work correctly - leaves the old lay-out and covers the new lay-out.
2) Spacing widgets - my problem is wanting too many widgets in one column; can there be an easy way to shrink every displayed widget to fit a particular height monitor? Or can each default be made say 50% smaller?
3) with lm-sensors loaded and my cpu's temperature module also loaded, my 32-bit pwidget Temp-CPU config replacing the test5 invalid Temp-CPU default config works nicely - but adds another 10 lines to this widget so my point 2) above is made worse - too many widgets and too many too big widgets.
4) WeatherStation2 is working for me as noted in the previous post.

1) Fixed by editing line 5 in /usr/sbin/fixwidgets

Code: Select all

for I in `ps -eo pid,command | grep -wE "conky_pwidgets|xonclock|http://rss.accuweather.com" | awk '{print $1}'`; do kill -9 $I; done

2) Earlier there was a fixed spacing between widgets of 10 pixels. Now you can set it to your linking. Width of widgets are fixed. Bad shit, but that's life ;)

3) Yes, lm-sensors seems to work globally

4) WeatherStation2 does not exist. Weather works as expected - WeatherStation does not.

zigbert

Post by zigbert »

@davids45 gave the attention to a bug in the test-5 pet. I have uploaded a new one that update widgets correctly.
Thanks to David!

pwidgets-2.5.10-x86_64-test6.pet
(182.44 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Also want to mention that pWidgets integrates nicely with pTheme

forum.jpg
forum.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
zigbert

Post by zigbert »

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

With a couple of minor issues, pwidgets-2.6.0-x86_64 from here, https://wikka.puppylinux.com/Pwidgets will function OOTB under the Jammy64's. The two issues are:

(1) The xonclock issue again reared its head. The xonclock binary is what enables pwidgets to display Analog Clocks. But xonclock has a dependency, libjpeg.so.62,

Edit: Thanks to jrb's post following. Update Puppy Package Manager after which you can find and install libjpeg62_6b2-3_amd64.deb which will supply that dependency.*

(2) As widgets are selected they appear on a Top-to-Bottom list on the Right-pane of the GUI. You can usually re-arrange them by dragging a selection up or down. But for some reason that's not working. So decide in advance what order you want the widgets to have, install the top widget first, then each one you want lower in that order. Remove widgets works if you make a mistake.

-=-=-=-
* Thanks, jrb. Either I forgot to update PPM; or I just missed it. Interesting, creating a symlink to the included libjpeg.so.8.2.2 didn't work. Often libraries are backward compatible.

Attachments
libjpeg62.tar.gz
EXTRACT - this is a real tar.gz
(74.02 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by mikeslr on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jrb

Post by jrb »

mikeslr wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:04 am

With a couple of minor issues, pwidgets-2.6.0-x86_64 from here, https://wikka.puppylinux.com/Pwidgets will function OOTB under the Jammy64's. The two issues are:

(1) The xonclock issue again reared its head. The xonclock binary is what enables pwidgets to display Analog Clocks. But xonclock has a dependency, libjpeg.so.62, which Jammy64 doesn't provide and can't be obtained from Jammy64's repos. The attached file will satisfy it.
libjpeg62.tar.gz
Download and extract the tar.gz. Copy/move the library and its symbolic link named libjpeg.so.62 into /usr/lib64. Restart-X.

(2) As widgets are selected they appear on a Top-to-Bottom list on the Right-pane of the GUI. You can usually re-arrange them by dragging a selection up or down. But for some reason that's not working. So decide in advance what order you want the widgets to have, install the top widget first, then each one you want lower in that order. Remove widgets works if you make a mistake.

Hi Mike, I was just about to reply to your PM when I saw you had posted this link. Good sleuthing, but I think you may have missed libjpeg62_6b2-3_amd64.deb in the Jammy repo's. Might want to update your database.

Thanks for pointing out pwidgets-2.6.0-x86_64.pet. I had no idea @zigbert had updated pwidgets, one of my favourite Puppy packages. Must not have been paying attention.:oops: Thanks zigbert.

Cheers, J

Last edited by jrb on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Now that analog clock is working, don't forget that you can install or create your own clockskins,
viewtopic.php?p=9280#p9280

Return to “Desktop”