Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Jasper

Re: Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Post by Jasper »

Theme pack for Gkrellm (untested by me as there are too many!!)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i6ij51bv ... ar.gz/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Midnight Commander-4.8.28 (please note there is no desktop entry included)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ob89106 ... 4.pet/file

This is the pet file just zipped up. You need to create your own desktop entry.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ugg5ehoc ... ar.gz/file

Geek3579

Re: PulseAudio in Fossapup

Post by Geek3579 »

Grey wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:00 am

As a result of experimenting with WDL, I unexpectedly installed pulseaudio in Fossapup :)
It seems like six steps can be taken:
1. Install pulseaudio itself. I have compiled the latest 15.0. Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/ManZLH_e2XPRIQ
2. Run the ldconfig command in terminal.
3. Install pavucontrol. I have compiled the latest 5.0. Pet: pavucontrol-5.0-fossapup-x86_64.pet
4. Install pasystray from PPM (there is already the most recent one).
5. Create or modify /etc/asound.conf

Code: Select all

pcm.pulse {
			type pulse
		}

ctl.pulse {
			type pulse
		}

pcm.default pulse
                ctl.default pulse

6. Add the following lines to /root/.xinitrc (you can start from line 43 after xhost):

# start a D-Bus session bus for both root and spot, for PulseAudio and applications that don't work without it
run-as-spot dbus-launch --exit-with-x11 > /tmp/.spot-session-bus

# start PulseAudio over the session bus and use it for both root and spot, so they see the same output devices
if [ -e /usr/bin/pulseaudio ]; then
    run-as-spot sh -c "pulseaudio --kill > /dev/null 2>&1; pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog"
    export PULSE_SERVER=unix:/tmp/runtime-spot/pulse/native
    export PULSE_COOKIE=/home/spot/.config/pulse/cookie
fi

This seems to be all. Not really, though. Restart via Menu>>Exit>>Restart graphical server.

The pasystray icon should appear in the system tray in the lower right corner of the screen. Through it, control is carried out. One of the possible ways to adjust the volume is to hover over the system tray icon and rotate the mouse wheel. You can optionally install from PPM: pamix (pulseaudio terminal mixer) and pavumeter (pulseaudio volume meter).

Hope you get something working :)
Now we need to understand how to switch sound cards (I have 4 of them).

Thanks for this @Grey, I've been using this setup for 2-3 weeks now in Fossapup64 with LXDE ydrv and it works extremely well.
However, I did have issues initially with pulseaudio starting after boot and occasionally dropping out - which then had to be started with: " run-as-spot pulseaudio -D ".

Then I tried replacing the /root/.xinitrc additions with the equivalent in F69 and it has worked flawlessly since.

[ interestingly, I tried a similar approach with Bionicpup64 without much success using the PPM files only ]

Thanks heaps for sharing this. Such things like this make the Puppy Linux community a wealth of useful help and information.

AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

Hi 666philb, and all

just made a small update since fossa 9.6 icons paths its different

APPLYCC () {
  sizes=( '16' '22' '24' '32' '48' '64' 'scalable' )
  for i in ${sizes[@]} ; do
      sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' '/usr/share/icons/PMaterial/'$i'/places/directory.svg' # for fossa 9.5
      sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' '/usr/share/icons/Puppy Standard/'$i'/places/directory.svg' # for fossa 9.6 and bionic 
  done
} ; export -f APPLYCC

and add single line on this action button since on my pc  Rox crash credit to [mention]KuLuSz[/mention] 
 <action>killall ROX-Filer && rox -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin</action>

666philb wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:35 pm

here's a colour changer script for the default PMaterial icons in fossapup

folder-colour-2020-11-03-12-58-23.png

#!/bin/sh

GTKDIALOG=gtkdialog

#export TMPDIR=/tmp/gtkdialog/examples/"`basename $0`"
#mkdir -p "$TMPDIR"

export TEXTDOMAIN=pmaterialfc
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
. gettext.sh 

APPLYCC () {
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/16/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/22/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/24/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/32/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/48/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/64/places/directory.svg
	sed -i -e 's/\(#\).\{6\}/\'$COLOUR1'/' /usr/share/icons/PMaterial/scalable/places/directory.svg

}
export -f APPLYCC

MAIN_DIALOG='
<window title="PmaterialFC" icon-name="preferences-desktop-theme" window-position="1">
	<vbox>
	<frame Pmaterial Folder Colour>
		<hbox space-expand="true" space-fill="true">
			<pixmap>
			<height>60</height>
			<width>60</width>
			<input file icon="directory"></input>
			</pixmap>
		<vbox>
			<text><label>Choose Colour</label></text>
			<colorbutton tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "Select Colour Of Folder")"'">
			<default>#07726a</default>
			<variable>COLOUR1</variable>
			<action>APPLYCC &</action>
			</colorbutton>
		</vbox>
		</hbox>
		<vbox>
			<text><label>Restart ROX to see changes</label></text>
			<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "Restart Rox")"'">
		    <label>Restart ROX</label>
			<input file icon="refresh"></input>
			<action>killall ROX-Filer</action>
			<action>rox -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin</action>
			</button>
		</vbox>
		<hbox>
			<button>
			<label>'$(gettext 'Quit')'</label>
			<input file>/usr/share/icons/PMaterial/scalable/actions/quit.svg</input><height>18</height><width>18</width>
			<action>exit:quit_now</action>
			</button>
		</hbox>
	</frame>
	</vbox>
</window>'
GUI="
<window>
 <vbox>
  <menubar>
  </menubar>
 </vbox>
 <action signal=\"hide\">exit:Exit</action>
</window>"
export MAIN_DIALOG

case $1 in
	-d | --dump) echo "$MAIN_DIALOG" ;;
	*) $GTKDIALOG --program=MAIN_DIALOG ;;
esac

Why astronauts use Linux
Because you can't open windows in space

bob93

Re: Inkscape 1.2

Post by bob93 »

Grey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:20 am

Version 1.2 was released. At first I didn't like some points, but then I got used to it and in general there were much more advantages added.
SFS: inkscape-1.2-fossapup-x86_64_9.5.sfs
md5: f8f44e7842f03c22d74fdc031e47046f

I decided to stretch my fingers :) and try to portray a Robopup using only Inkscape itself, without additional software (without Gimp, Blender). In principle, for several evenings of unhurried work, I didn't even strain much. The most difficult thing is with the "atomic reactor" (okay, I haven't imagined exactly what principles it works on yet).

I noticed that some vector effects and filters are displayed differently in Inkscape and in the browser (Chromium). I'm talking about SVG files. Our favorite Viewnior displays the same way as the browser, that is, a little differently than Inkscape.

I still need to make a Puppy logo on his cheek and finish the design. When I'm done (I have other things to do right now), of course I'll post the SVG in the appropriate section of the forum. So far, I have not decided on the final design:
Robopup_forum_test.jpg

Hello. This version of inkscape has a very unfortunate bug that was fixed in later versions. Do you know if there's been any newer version released for puppy?

Fossapup64 9.5

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Update for Viewnior.

Unzip and place the binary in

/usr/bin

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Firejail

Just trying out an application and unsure as I really need to use it personally. So have used just the basic parameters so far in order to test it out.

It is compiled without AppArmor

Firejail is a SUID sandbox program that reduces the risk of security breaches by restricting the running environment of untrusted applications using Linux namespaces and seccomp-bpf. It includes sandbox profiles for Iceweasel/Mozilla Firefox, Chromium, Midori, Opera, Evince, Transmission, VLC, Audacious, Clementine, Rhythmbox, Totem, Deluge, qBittorrent, DeaDBeeF, Dropbox, Empathy, FileZilla, IceCat, Thunderbird/Icedove, Pidgin, Quassel, and XChat.

Actually there are heaps of profiles for many common applications :thumbup:

Firejail also expands the restricted shell facility found in bash by adding Linux namespace support. It supports sandboxing specific users upon login.

Testing only!!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wzfcmcco ... 4.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Small update for Conky (Light-weight system monitor for X) to 1.17.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/74b85o8s ... 4.pet/file

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Jasper I installed conky 1.17.0 into F96_4-radky6-CE and it works well. Will have to include it in F96_5-radky6-CE.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

Happy to be of some use and I can say I made a tiny contribution at long last :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback!

Grey

Re: Inkscape 1.2

Post by Grey »

bob93 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:46 am

Hello. This version of inkscape has a very unfortunate bug that was fixed in later versions. Do you know if there's been any newer version released for puppy?

Hello. Here is the latest version 1.2.2 (SFS):
inkscape-1.2.2-fossapup-x86_64_9.5.sfs

:!: But I should immediately note that I recently discussed the work of embedded extensions on one of the Russian forums. The bottom line is this: almost no one checks the operation of Inkscape extensions. As a result, everything works except for some extensions. A vivid example... how is it in the English version... it seems Extensions>>Render and then Gear or Foldable Box. And then it turns out that different users do not have some of the necessary PYTHON MODULES. For example, lxml or numpy.

If you just need to draw, then all the tools and filters work. But if you, like me sometimes, have to use extensions, then you need to install Pip and then install the modules with the python -m pip install XXX command.

In the future, I may start stuffing modules into sfs. Usually everyone shouts that "security", "ugly" and so on :)
In addition, I recommend choosing a normal icon theme in the Inkscape settings, and not this nasty one, which is by default :|

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

VICE 3.7

Post by Grey »

Version 3.7. Vice and Vsid are displayed in Menu>>Fun. There is simply no point in cramming everything into the menu.
Maybe if only the player should be in Multimedia, but for now it will do. The rest (128 model and others) in /usr/bin
vice-3.7-fossapup-x86_64.pet

Compiled without the support of external hardware sound chips such as Hardsid, Catweasel and all sorts of Parsids. And also without Pulse and PDF documents (txt is).
It seems to me that on one machine (AMD) the processor heats up a few degrees more than on the second (Intel) - when the emulator is running - but I'm not sure yet.

vice-3.7-in-fossapup.png
vice-3.7-in-fossapup.png (71.33 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Re: VICE 3.7

Post by Grey »

Grey wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:56 pm

It seems to me that on one machine (AMD) the processor heats up a few degrees more than on the second (Intel) - when the emulator is running - but I'm not sure yet.

:!: :idea: Yeah, I realized what exactly affects. Go to Preferences>>Settings>>Display>>Host display
And there will be such an option as Gtk sync method. So this is what it affects performance. This is not a CPU, but a video card (driver). If you turn it off, it does not heat at all.
And don't forget to make Preferences>>Save settings

Grey

puNES 0.110

Post by Grey »

Compiled version 0.110 at my leisure. In new version Wizard has been improved, new mappers have been added and the old ones have been fixed. A bunch of new filters. Well, Wayland support has been added, which we don't care about in Fossapup yet. Compilation changed from autotools to cmake. Well, the rest are pleasant and not very changes :)
This time in the form of SFS:
puNES-v0.110-fossapup-x86_64_9.5.sfs
MD5:
5c76a1e3539e1de8aab2d9c68834be07

punes-0.110-fossapup.gif
punes-0.110-fossapup.gif (131.75 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

charlie6

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Grey,
tons of thanks for bringing Pulseaudio in FossaPup64 !

Grey wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:27 pm

I checked it on a real system (before that in Qemu). Everything works fine through the pasystray and pavucontrol menus :thumbup: Sound cards are selected both globally and for a specific program. Conveniently quickly redirect sound from speakers to headphones. In this case, Palemoon:
pa_fossa_0.png
pa_fossa_1.jpg

I have installed it following point 1. to 6. in your above very accurate tuto. I get the Pulseaudio GUI when selecting Pulseaudio in the Multimedia menu.
I get sound when watching a video using Palemoon, or mpvPlayer.
But I cannot get any sound using Firefox !
Here, on the Pulseaudio gui «Playback» thumb, the Firefox audiostream does not display when playing a video+audio from youtube for example.
But ...!!! Have a look on two screenshots of the same video taken within a few seconds interval (using «Take a shot» from menu): one shows «ffplay:SimpleMediaPlayer»; whereas the second does not show any FFs audiostream.
There is not any sound at all (even disrupted) at the speakers/headphone.

Is there a fix to get sound from FF using Pulseaudio? or to get «ffplay» activated in a constant way?
Many thanks in advance for any answer.
Charlie

Attachments
pulseaudio_Fossa_FF2.png
pulseaudio_Fossa_FF2.png (411.08 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
pulseaudio_Fossa_FF.png
pulseaudio_Fossa_FF.png (154.56 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
pulseaudio_Fossa.png
pulseaudio_Fossa.png (270.95 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Grey

Post by Grey »

charlie6 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:51 am

Is there a fix to get sound

Hi. Unfortunately, I completely abandoned Firefox in favor of Ungoogled Chromium. I can guess. I use PCSX2 and DuckStation emulators, which use Cubeb for audio output. So Firefox is using the same library now. Maybe that's the point. In emulators, I output audio via ALSA.

charlie6

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Grey,

... I completely abandoned Firefox in favor of Ungoogled Chromium...

Thanks for your answer!
I then have installed GGChromium (... I'd like to understand Ungoogled meaning...??) and get sound OOTB through Pulseaudio. No longer need for me to dig deeper about Firefox.
My purpose was to watch videos as also news that do not if using Palemoon (for example our belgian public broadcast chains which require Firefox or Chromium browsers).
Best regards!
Charlie

Attachments
pulseaudio_Fossa_GoogChrome(1).png
pulseaudio_Fossa_GoogChrome(1).png (80.09 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

Stupid question but if anyone can anser me

Why there is 2 folders with the some info of apps install in Fossa ?
Builtin_files-norm <-- but this one has the some files as Builtin_files so i dont get it
Builtin_files-sml
Builtin_files <--- i know this is in adrv_*.sfs
and what do they stand for ?

Best regards to all

Why astronauts use Linux
Because you can't open windows in space

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Testing!!

FFmpeg 6.0 "Von Neumann"

6.0 was released on 2023-02-27. It is the latest stable FFmpeg release from the 6.0 release branch, which was cut from master on 2023-02-19.

Extract and place the binaries in

/usr/bin

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rulm9v7s ... ar.gz/file

This is the full package 50mb (PET file) which expands to 304mb

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aizr9ui9 ... 4.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Freetype 2.13.0

FreeType2 package contains a library which allows applications to properly render TrueType fonts.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hspe6pc7 ... 4.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Small update for Grep

Grep searches one or more input files for lines containing a match to a specified pattern. By default, grep prints the matching lines.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Update for Iptables-legacy

**EDIT** Please note you will need to restart the firewall for each session via your GUI

Build screenshots

Last edited by Jasper on Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Iptables-legacy 1.8.9 (565kb)

[https://www.mediafire.com/file/2nfhqirx ... 4.pet/file

Additional files attached

** Updated Libnftnl-1.2.5 - 14 Mar **

Last edited by Jasper on Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

bash-5.2.15 - Unix shell and command language

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tlg05ymu ... 4.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Two small updates

USB utilities for Linux, including lsusb && usb-devices
FSArchiver is a disk cloning utility for Linux.
FZF (Fuzzy File Manager) CLI file manager

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eirr5ws8 ... r.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

TESTING!!

Compiled only to use ext2/3/4 and FAT and NTFS.

Partclone is a project similar to the well-known backup utility "Partition Image" a.k.a partimage. Partclone provides utilities to back up and restore used-blocks of a partition and it is designed for higher compatibility of the file system by using existing library, e.g. e2fslibs is used to read and write the ext2 partition.

Please note there is no HELP file contained within the application.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Hdparm 9.65

I use FP64-95 on a USB flash drive.

So the script turns off the SATA HDD upon boot up and only powers up once it is accessed.

If you create the script you can turn it off/on when required. Put one in the Startup directory and then copy in another location so that you can execute it when needed to turn on/off.

You have replace SDA with your HDD label/s.

Last edited by Jasper on Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Jasper I don't think anything was removed. I could check the logs but I'm pretty sure. I'm trying out the one you last posted.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

Thank you for replying back to me.

Not sure what happened as I did add a new message and I was surprised it did not appear.

No harm done, just added the details again.

Return to “Fossapup64”