AI is not a FAD! Its here. (ChatGPT)

Clarity

AI is not a FAD! Its here. (ChatGPT)

Post by Clarity »

"A NVIDIA CEO Calls ChatGPT As One of The Greatest Thing Ever Done For Computing!"

It has already started becoming as ubiquitous as Cloud computing over the next few years.

Like it or not, this technology will grow similar to the hardware movement from old 32bit to 64bit.

This will NOT replace programmers or people. But it does offer a new facet of information access and use.

FYI, as, this is just a view of our current world's direction.

backi

Re: AI is not a FAD! Its here.

Post by backi »

Rise of the Robots.

Welcome to "The Machine".
Welcome to "The Matrix".

Will those "Machines" ever save Us ?

Trans-Humanism anyone?

I am not a Cyborg......i am not a Machine:

I am just an ordinary Country Boy made of Flesh and Blood........i am not that much enthusiatistic about this Kind of Future......and/or becoming more and more Slave to "The Machine".

@Clarity

"A NVIDIA CEO Calls ChatGPT As One of The Greatest Thing Ever Done For Computing!"

Be careful with those Kind of Fruits and who is offering it........Could be a poisoned Fruit (Apple)......as it is told in these old Days......it was CyberSatan (The Serpent) himself ......who offered/seduced/enticed Eve to eat the (forbidden) Fruit of "Knowledge"......to become like Gods.

Could be i am somehow a Tad too neophobic.

Ha ha ha ......just kidding.......as always.

Best Wishes. !

P.S:
Kevin Warwick (born February 9, 1954 in Coventry) is a British cybernetician. The professor at the British University of Reading deals with the interface between human nervous systems and computer systems.[1] He is known for being the first person to have a computer chip (RFID chip) implanted in his arm. In 2000 he delivered the Royal Institution's Christmas Lecture (Rise of the Robots).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Warwick

Last edited by backi on Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

melding man and machine........

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Of course it's here, and it's not going anywhere, it will just become all the more pervasive.

The choice not to "plug in" comes with costs. It's like when I'm out and about and someone wants me to use google maps on my phone to get directions and I say, "My phone doesn't do that." They just look at me like I'm either insane, paranoid, or from the stone age.

Is it inconvenient?

Yes, at times, but I'm a Winston Smith. I remember when there where was no such thing as a cell phone, and if you wanted to get somewhere you had to get directions ahead of time, use a map, and find it. Imagine! That's like horse and buggy days now. Yet I live in an area of the US where horse and buggy transportation is a daily reality for many thousands of people. So it's a choice, until cash is eliminated, and cards are eliminated, and your biological and digital identity are merged.

That's not ChatBot-9000X you say. Well it's part of the puzzle. It's the infancy of the infrastructure.

So yeah, it's no fad, and it's here. Best now to decide how to navigate the situation.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Here's a reference to his speech

Having a past in development and team-product management, I foresee that code to solutions will accelerate...possibly enormously while extending to a larger audience in its use as an assisting tool.

We MAY be standing at a summit seeing a rising event sweeping.

:lol: This post was NOT generated by an AI. Although, me with little emotions, may be an AI...just a human biological one; along with the rest of you. :lol:

mouldy

Post by mouldy »

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

The human brain is no-longer in a humans head.

It is in there hand :shock: :!:

The human race is slowly developing into the brain dead!

The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

backi

Post by backi »

Yes Indeed @bigpup

They do look like remote controlled Sheeps.......hypnotized/enchanted by"The Snake/The Serpent" Cyber-Satan ... :twisted:

Frightning. :shock:

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@backi / @bigpup :-

I still say the most thought-provoking thing I ever saw was in some film I watched a few years ago. A dozen or so young thirty-somethings, all sitting around a dinner table, sharing a meal & a 'get-together'. Yes, they were mostly engaged in a heated discussion. But, despite sitting within a few feet of each other, there was complete silence.....because that conversation was taking place entirely in cyberspace, via their smartphones.

So, perhaps I'm a dinosaur. I'm part of the modern 'tech' world, yet apart from it.....because I don't just mindlessly follow the herd. I selectively decide which aspects of modern tech I want to embrace.....and go about things in my own, inimitable way.

Does that make me a 'bad person'? Or - worse still! - an idiot??

I never understand those who must rush in as hard as they can, embracing new technology the instant it appears. I much prefer to let stuff prove itself for a while, and mature.....

Digital audio arrived around the beginning of the 80s. I didn't invest in a disc player till the early 2000s.....just as they were being replaced by MP3 solid-state players! :D

To me, 20 years is a 'long time'. For younger folks, especially geeks, summat that's 6 months old is already ancient...

:?: :?: :?:

Huh? What??

Mike. :?

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

backi wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:03 am

Yes Indeed @bigpup

They do look like remote controlled Sheeps.......hypnotized/enchanted by"The Snake/The Serpent" Cyber-Satan ... :twisted:

Beguiled with enmity between them and the truth.

Μακάριοι οι καθαροί στην καρδιά * επειδή, θα δουν τον Θεό.

Feek

Post by Feek »

They have my admiration for being able to walk without bumping or tripping.

backi

Post by backi »

Satanic Priest creates an Android.jpeg
Satanic Priest creates an Android.jpeg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 833 times

From silent Movie"Metropolis" (Babylon) 1927......Fritz Lang.

....a "must have seen" silent Movie......almost "prophetic".

Last edited by backi on Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogcat

Post by dogcat »

backi wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:24 pm

Satanic Priest creates an Android.jpegFrom silent Movie"Metropolis" (Babylon) 1927......Fritz Lang.

....a "must have seen" silent Movie......almost "prophetic".

As Bigpup said, between hand and head, an auto-matron witch with a side order of Christianity, Genesis sprinkled with Revelation but slightly different story plot, Babalon, Morgoth, wild ride this one, thanks for posting. The movie has wonderful special effects and good graphics. The city controllers reminded me of those Davos clowns, even catacombs like 1965 vatican secret meeting.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

i WAS a part of the RESISTANCE back in the day of 8-16bit. Then again in 16-32bit with all the same arguments we see here.

Along in the movement from old technology to new in each generation of mainframes, I came to understand my human resistance viewing if from the perspective of my parents aunts-uncles, grandparent as so forth, that I TOO WAS ONE OF THEM...A RESISTOR!

EACH of them, without fail, were always commenting on "...kids these days...". I am sure that in most cultures of the world, they have similar jargon for the same.

What I learned ... I think anyone reading my above paragraphs gets the picture.

Since 1989, after attending a seminar, I came to understand my human resistance. We ALL have them. But just as our grand-parents looked at us in awe, we are looking, today, similarly and WE TOO are like our grandparents. Yes, YOU/WE ARE HUMAN.

As such I have come, not to be a resistor rather have taught myself to try as best I can to look for a pathway to usefulness. If there is any, I then investigate in some attempt to have a greater understanding of whether I can embrace its offering in a manner to give productivity.

I'm just one of you looking at our world as it progresses. The 1930 German film has a foundational flawed view, while other are true. That became evident in pre-WWII Germany as those leaders exploited the other views of that film.

The Matrix movie also bring out some of what was in the 1930s film. The Matrix, though, also mirrored technology 'leaps' that was useful in their combat to change who is in control.

If I was a writer coming up today, and if I know what I have seen in my lifetime, I would embark on writing 2 books simultaneously about an envisioned future. I would NOT be able to write simultaneously on the 2 diverging evolutions without the background witnessed by and participated in my lifetime.

WE can set upon a path to assist in mankinds evolution OR we can just go "kids these days".

This post was opened to give a view of where everything around us is going. Its been happening right in front of me since birth as I listened to all of the peoples all around me during my lifetime as well as the many adventures I have been able to participate in.

This thread is just a bit of information that yields some understanding of, not just where we are going but also, tools that will be used in mankind's travels.

yolhurt

Post by yolhurt »

backi wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:03 am

Yes Indeed @bigpup

Judging by the clothes worn by the people in that photo (and also the small size of the phones), I would guess it must have been taken at least 10 years ago. The hypnosis is on a much scarier level now.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I would have loved to live in the era immdiately after the invention of electricity, radio and flying. That was cool but that's about it. The world is too modernized now.

backi

Post by backi »

@Clarity @amethyst
It is not so much Science or Technology etc .....which i became more and more sceptical about during my Lifetime .

It are those dark/sinister malevolent Powers in the Background gaining more and more Control of all of this.... by abusing Science/Knowledge and Technology ....not to liberate.....but just to enslave Mankind.
One could call it somehow "Black Magick".

So i will call those dark/sinister malevolent Powers, due to a Lack of any better Terms "satanic".

I do not regard AI (Big Brother) as my Friend.

Dark Age/Dystopia lies ahead.

Sicko Klaus ("You will own nothing and be happy") Schwab..... Describes Upcoming Brain Implants:

In a new interview from the World Economic Forum (2022), Davos leader Klaus Schwab partially describes what the upcoming human brain chip implants will be like when they are rolled out in the next five to ten years.

Last edited by backi on Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Feek wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:13 pm

They have my admiration for being able to walk without bumping or tripping.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

ChatGPT
https://github.com/lencx/ChatGPT

Note:
I have this working on F96-CE
I installed the deb package: chat-gpt_0.10.3_amd64.deb
To get it to run had to download and install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37_2.38.4 from Puppy Package Manager.

Not sure how to really use it or exactly what I can do with it.

Right now it is giving this when you try to use it.

Screenshot(5).jpg
Screenshot(5).jpg (41.12 KiB) Viewed 637 times

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

bigpup wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:29 pm

ChatGPT
https://github.com/lencx/ChatGPT

Note:
I have this working on F96-CE
I installed the deb package: chat-gpt_0.10.3_amd64.deb
To get it to run had to download and install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37-gtk2_2.38.4 from Puppy Package Manager.

Not sure how to really use it or exactly what I can do with it.

Right now it is giving this when you try to use it.
Screenshot(5).jpg

Congratulations Bigpup!, you have been censored! The "AI" as they call it is actually going to be used as a censorship tool.
You are probably on their "no fly" list due to "wrongthink".

There are now earbuds that scan your brain and report on thought-wave process. Not a well known technology yet but you will be "hearing" more about it in the near future. Brain wave monitoring was one of the topics discussed at Davos this year.

backi

Post by backi »

Hi @dogcat !

........Brain wave monitoring was one of the topics discussed at Davos this year.

Do you mean Things like this ?

How The WEF (World Economic Forum) Will Monitor Our Brains
https://capitalreportsdaily.com/?p=1596

Are brain implants the future of computing?

https://intelligence.weforum.org/monito ... f67e1b0a56

‘Wearable technology’ is BEYOND DANGEROUS to YOUR free will
https://www.iheart.com/content/2023-01- ... free-will/

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

BRAIN STUDIES

There is and never will be a need to have brain transplants. Our brain are merely a part of our bodily technological machine. And like machines that mankind manufactures, is prone to parts failures due to various conditions including wear due to use-age. They (and we too) know there are much better ways to capture what a brain "knows" than preserve an old part.

Brain implants are different! They are inserted to serve a 'connective' purpose. Unless you can share what the purpose is, we can only make WILD SPECULATIONS which I too sometimes do. So far, the work being done is very interesting.

ON Another Note
There was/is (if the person is still alive) a person who had set about his manner of capturing a copy of his wife in technology as she was terminal. He had taken an AI approach to capturing as much info of her as possible in his effort to create a lasting interactive memory of her after she passes on.

I found this approach by him compelling as he was showing us that any of us could do this for a loved one that is alive as well as ourselves.For myself, I got curious in how I could create an UNBIASED version of myself...electronically. Further would it be beneficial???

IN mankind's past history, this is done thru symbolism, and in writings. Today we are continued evolving into electronic information capture, recording and presentation for present-future generations.

Yes, we have created all of this and we will continue. Our concerns might need to be on divorcing ourselves of 'resistance" behavior and now concentrate on building a wholesome future that rejects unbridled control and give new perspectives on a cooperative future that should have started long-long ago. Our selfish training and behavior is why we continue to see much of the stressors in society. So, I am seeking to not just know the usefulness of AI, but also whether it can be useful in elevating our human behavior?

Is there a way to use the AI tools of today (BARD or ChatGPT or ...) to improve ourselves and the world (this means all people and all countries) tomorrow?

Are we willing to commit to using technology with that aim?

Last edited by Clarity on Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@bigpup .. Yeah, I had a suspicion this was to occur when I signed up in its 1st few days of offering ( 5 million people in its first couple days of public offering in November). That pic you share I think is recent position for users not already signed up. If I find a way around it, I will publish.

In the meantime, dont overlook BARD.

Both of these will be/become complimentary.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

After several tries starting up ChatGPT.

I got to it allowing me to setup a login.

I used my Microsoft account to login.

When it got to the final step.

It asked if it could have access to my information in my Microsoft account.

I said NO!

Sorry, we can not setup a login for you! :roll:

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

bigpup wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:38 am

I said NO!

Microsoft, chatAI, it's all for the welfare and advancement of humanity. ;)

geo_c

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

geo_c wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:40 am
bigpup wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:38 am

I said NO!

Microsoft, chatAI, it's all for the welfare and advancement of humanity. ;)

Microsoft, chatAI, it's all for the welfare and advancement of humanity. certain bloodlines.

Good vs evil.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Ah @bigpup/

Yes, i too. I have a MS account for years, I did allow it access.

So far, I have not found any issues. As you know, MS and the ChatGPT people are in bed with each other.

Expect the same behavior with BARD.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Clarity wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:37 pm

BRAIN STUDIES
I found this approach by him compelling as he was showing us that any of us could do this for a loved one that is alive as well as ourselves.For myself, I got curious in how I could create an UNBIASED version of myself...electronically. Further would it be beneficial???

You can't create a version of yourself that is unbiased. This is mankind's perpetually flawed bent, recreating himself in his own image, which is why it's called "transhumanism." And of course your perspective comes down to your fundamental belief in the nature of human beings. If you believe human identity is defined by humanity, then it follows that human beings possess the ability to transform their core identity. I don't believe history, or even a modern analysis of psychology supports such a belief. Quite the opposite, every effort to transform our basic nature to a "higher consciousness" based on our finite/flawed understanding and motivation leads to a perverse manipulation of our identity, both personal and collective.

Clarity wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:37 pm

Our concerns might need to be on divorcing ourselves of 'resistance" behavior and now concentrate on building a wholesome future that rejects unbridled control and give new perspectives on a cooperative future that should have started long-long ago. Our selfish training and behavior is why we continue to see much of the stressors in society.

And this reads somewhat like a UN/WEF website, noble language, but the underlying motivation and endgame should be obvious to those who have followed the trajectory of the actors and the real world results of their actions. To be clear, humanity as a whole has unequivocally proven itself to enable certain people, institutions, and systems in a quest to enslave and abuse others.

Do we benefit from the same technology instrumental in the enslavement power dynamic?

Certainly. Brain implants will have great medical uses for instance, but at what cost? Once systems are designed to "shape" human thinking and steer them towards conclusions like assisted suicide, how does the cost/benefit ratio stack up in the long run, in the endgame?

geo_c

backi

Post by backi »

@geo_c wrote :

And this reads somewhat like a UN/WEF website

@Clarity wrote:

Our concerns might need to be on divorcing ourselves of 'resistance" behavior and now concentrate on building a wholesome future that rejects unbridled control and give new perspectives on a cooperative future that should have started long-long ago. Our selfish training and behavior is why we continue to see much of the stressors in society.

Could be wrong.....but:
Sounds to me a bit like "give up your selfish Resistance/Individuality" for "The Greater Good/God/Pharaoh" and you "You will own nothing and be happy (with it)"

I don`t really trust this Sort of "Deal".

Don`t want to be a Slave..... building some Kind of Pyramid .

Symbol-of-pyramid-symbol-of-god-pyramid-of-god.jpg
Symbol-of-pyramid-symbol-of-god-pyramid-of-god.jpg (253.12 KiB) Viewed 648 times
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

backi wrote:

Could be wrong.....but:
Sounds to me a bit like "give up your selfish Resistance/Individuality" for "The Greater Good/God/Pharaoh" and you "You will own nothing and be happy (with it)"

I don`t really trust this Sort of "Deal".

Don`t want to be a Slave..... building some Kind of Pyramid .

It's time that they put a chip in your brain, so then when you ever only *think* about something like that, you get an electrical shock, so you'll learn to behave !!! (and you will feel better in the long term, guaranteed !!)

(no, just sarcastic kidding of course :twisted: :lol: , please forgive me, I'm mostly on your side about these sort of things, as you'd know)

Return to “Other Distros”