k4.9.337 64bit ethernet issue (solved)

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

nocsak

k4.9.337 64bit ethernet issue (solved)

Post by nocsak »

Hi All!

I don't want to exaggerate this issue around this kernel, but I tried more dotconfigs with the same result: ethernet suddenly lose connection and then reconnects. This problem occur on more machines I've tested on. But this interruption is far enough annoying. The k4.9.336 is OK, but reading the changelog of k4.9.337 on kernel.org it includes many changes. Maybe the wrong one. So, it would be great if somebody who can compile it via kernel-kit may report me if the same issue persits at her/him also. Thanks in advance!

I know this kernel is pretty old, but with newer gcc and glibc compiled under it can brings an old PC or Notebook to life, and keep them working well with a newer but not from the symlinked verison of puppys.

Unfortunately this kernel is now EOL. I know too, times are changing and the only constant is change and if there will be no solution at all for this issue, then I fall back to k4.9.336 which is free from this error and I discard the changelog of k4.9.337.

Again: Thanks in advance for any response!

------EDIT------

OK, I've just recognized what caused the above described error, and now the topic named kernel is look like works like a charm.
Excuse me, one of my home Local Area Network patch cable was faulty so that caused the sudden disconnects and reconnects on my whole LAN.
Surprisely all of the devices connected to the LAN were disconnected and reconnected at the same time so that is why I thought what I thought first.

Last edited by bigpup on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added solved to subject to show fix was found.

Return to “Users”