-= Great radios for you developers and pupinians! =-

Moderator: Forum moderators

Jasper

Re: -= Great radios for you developers and pupinians! =-

Post by Jasper »

@fredx181

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I should have realised that every build has different requirements to work. I also should have said "static" not self contained. :oops:

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Personally, I prefer Fred's "DogRadio" to YRadio......IF I'm just browsing and adding streams. For my RadioTunes a/c, I much prefer DeaDBeeF.

A basic, paid a/c (£6/month) gives you access to a .pls stream containing all my "favourited" channels on RadioTunes. This can then be used with your preferred media player, so long as it supports .pls streaming.(not all do). Drag & drop it into DeaDBeeF's GUI, and it presents all those favourites as a playlist. And NO adverts!

I much prefer DeaDBeeF for its superior sound quality, especially using the built-in equaliser. And RadioTunes have some of the best curated modern jazz/blues/reggae stuff I've ever found anywhere.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

In case the index at https://www.radiosure.fr/ goes offline (in the future perhaps) or not very reliable (it was offline for 3 days recently) I figured out how to create a database myself.
Just sharing, might be of interest for someone:

- Create index database of all radio streams from http://all.api.radio-browser.info
(in the end it creates a file with size around 5M, may take a while)
Will output lines with syntax: <URL>|<NAME>|<TAGS>|<COUNTRY>|<LANGUAGE>
Required is jq (for parsing .json), should be available from PPM (edit: and curl , but probably that's already installed on most Puppies)

Code: Select all

INDEX="/root/radiobrowserdb"    # Path to index file, change as desired

# oneliner create index database
jq -r '(.[] | select(.lastcheckok == 1) | .url_resolved, .name, .tags, .country, .language)' < <(echo $(curl --header "Content-Type: application/json" --header "Accept: application/json" 'http://all.api.radio-browser.info/json/stations/search') | sed 's|\\n||g;s|\|||g')  | awk '!NF{$0="unknown"}1' | paste -d'|' - - - - - > "$INDEX"
echo "Done! : $INDEX"

- Or to do a search directly (required are curl and jq) : (edit: it's very fast, btw)

Code: Select all

SEARCH="classic rock"    # just example, change as desired
SEARCHINDEX="/root/radiobrowsersearch"   # Path to search index file, change as desired

# oneliner search:
curl -X POST --header "Content-Type:application/json" --header "Accept: application/json" -d '{"name":"'"$SEARCH"'"}' http://all.api.radio-browser.info/json/stations/search | sed 's|\\n||g;s|\|||g' | jq -r '(.[] | select(.lastcheckok == 1) | .url_resolved, .name, .tags, .country, .language)' | awk '!NF{$0="_"}1' | paste -d'|' - - - - - > "$SEARCHINDEX"
echo "Done! : $SEARCHINDEX"

P.S. Still working on my Yradio program, will implement this way of searching, no local database needed that way, I like it.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Belated Christmas wishes @fredx181

Thanks for the information, will take a bit of time to get my head around it :lol:

I'm pretty much using a static list at the moment, but for NYE a selection of music will be handy :thumbup:

Have to admit, completely forgot about your other application. So will look forward to it.

Happy New Year to you and the family :thumbup:

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Thanks! Best wishes to you too @Jasper !

Thanks for the information, will take a bit of time to get my head around it

FYI: Well, I'd say it's easy, just install 'jq' (on Fossapup it's named something like "jq_1.6") and run one of the codes from my previous post (you may want to change the path or search variable(s) on top though)

fredx181

YRadio update

Post by fredx181 »

*** YRadio v1.4 ***

Major change is that searching is done now directly from http://all.api.radio-browser.info/
(so , no local index database is required anymore) see for more info my post here: viewtopic.php?p=76961#p76961
Other changes:
- Option to create new (empty) playlist (button "New")
- Add/Remove to/from a playlist

Requirements: mpv or mplayer . (edit: and curl , but probably installed already on most Puppies).

Now packed as an Appimage, contains jq (for parsing the .json from radio-browser API) and yad (proper version (0.40 gtk2) ).

32-bit appimage (make executable and just click it)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/naq ... io_32?dl=1

64-bit appimage (make executable and just click it)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/03i ... io_64?dl=1

2023-01-04_13-34-38.png
2023-01-04_13-34-38.png (141.71 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
Sofiya

Re: YRadio update

Post by Sofiya »

fredx181 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:33 pm

*** YRadio v1.4 ***

This works great :)
+ no need to install :thumbup2:

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

fredx181

Re: YRadio update

Post by fredx181 »

Sofiya wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:50 pm
fredx181 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:33 pm

*** YRadio v1.4 ***

This works great :)
+ no need to install :thumbup2:

Thanks, for info (said it before but just repeating ;) ) there will be a config folder ~/.yradio created when first time running the program. For "true" portability, create a directory <AppimageName>.home at the same level as the appimage , so in this case e.g. YRadio_64.home and the config goes in there (needs to be writable of course).

keniv

Post by keniv »

@fredx181

for info (said it before but just repeating ;) ) there will be a config folder ~/.yradio created when first time running the program. For "true" portability, create a directory <AppimageName>.home at the same level as the appimage , so in this case e.g. YRadio_64.home and the config goes in there (needs to be writable of course).

Hi fredx181,
I thought I try this in F96_4-radky6-CE. I downloaded the 64bit version, made it executable and placed it in /mnt/home/Portables/yradio. I also made a directory called Yradio_64.home which I also placed in /mnt/home/Portables/yradio. I dragged Yradio_64 to the desktop and clicked on it and this stated Yradio. However I do not see a config folder ~/.yradio or a config folder in /mnt/home/Portables/yradio/Yradio_64.home.
Can I ask if this should work in F96_4-radky6-CE? I have your previous version working in FossaPup64 9.5. Should I try this version in FossaPup64 9.5 or am I doing something wrong in F96_4-radky6-CE?

Regards,

Ken

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@keniv

Yradio_64.home

The spelling is not quite right (second char should be capital "R"), the dir name (with .home attached) should be exactly the same as the appimage name, so YRadio_64.home should work with appimage name YRadio_64 .
(btw, for convenience, the appimage can be renamed as you wish, e.g. yradio64, then the folder name should be yradio64.home)

keniv

Post by keniv »

@fredx181

The spelling is not quite right (second char should be capital "R"), the dir name (with .home attached) should be exactly the same as the appimage name, so YRadio_64.home should work with appimage name YRadio_64 .

Sorry the Yradio_64.home in my post was a typo on my part which I should have noticed. The image below shows what I have in the directory
/mnt/home/Portables/yradio so I think it is named correctly. I have tried running YRadio again and it appears to be working just fine but I still have nothing in YRadio_64.home.

Regards,

Ken.

Attachments
yradio.png
yradio.png (14.62 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@fredx181 :-

Verdomme, maar je wordt er goed in, nietwaar? :D

I like it, I like it. The 64-bitzer works a treat.....and this time round, I don't know what you've done differently, but the YRadio.home trick seems to be working as it should. Never worked for me before, but now it is. Excellente, mi amigo!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

@keniv :- Don't forget, it's a hidden directory, so you'll need to use ROX's 'eye' to see it....

Mike. ;)

keniv

Post by keniv »

@mikewalsh

Don't forget, it's a hidden directory, so you'll need to use ROX's 'eye' to see it....

Yes your right Mike. I feel ashamed that I missed this as well. Please see image below.

Regards,

Ken.

Attachments
yradio2.png
yradio2.png (13.55 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

keniv wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:57 pm

@mikewalsh

Don't forget, it's a hidden directory, so you'll need to use ROX's 'eye' to see it....

Yes your right Mike. I feel ashamed that I missed this as well. Please see image below.

Regards,

Ken.

this is how it should be

Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (5.94 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Sofiya
I note you have both a .config and a .yradio directory. I could not find a way of reproducing your .config directory so I deleted everything including the download and started again with a new download. I went through all the steps as before. YRadio appears to work properly including the operation of the tray icon etc, however, I still only have a .yradio directotry in /mnt/home/Portables/yradio/YRadio_64.home. Could somebody else confirm that there should be two hidden directories in YRadio_64.home. If it is the case that there should be two can someone suggest why I am only seeing a .yradio directory?

Regards,

Ken.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@keniv :-

Frankly, I have no idea WHY Sofiya has two directories within the .home one. There should ONLY be the one. Fred will confirm this.

I can only suppose that the original .yradio directory from /root/.config has been copied over. It's redundant, AND pointless.

I've just set the two versions up in a directory on my big secondary data drive. I created the .home directories before even firing either one up for the first time.......so the config directories automatically went into the correct place from the word "go".

If you have a single .yradio directory within YRadio_64.home, then that's exactly how it should be. If you were not using the YRadio_64.home 'workaround', then either 'yradio' would appear in /root/.config instead....or '.yradio' in /root (one OR the other; not sure which).

Mike. ;)

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

mikewalsh wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:51 pm

@keniv :-

I can only suppose that the original .yradio directory from /root/.config has been copied over. It's redundant, AND pointless.
Mike. ;)

nothing was copied everything appears there by itself
launches at KLV-Airedale-rc6

Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
Screenshot(1).jpg (8.01 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (11.59 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Sofiya :-

Are the contents of the two directories the same? Just curious; it could be a peculiarity of the way KLV is working these days....I lost interest in it a while back.

Mike. ;)

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:30 am

Are the contents of the two directories the same? Just curious; it could be a peculiarity of the way KLV is working these days....I lost interest in it a while back.

Mike. ;)

what's in the catalogs

Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
Screenshot(1).jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (9.75 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Hmm. I have yad.conf in /root/.config of every one of my Pups, but then I use a ton of YAD-based stuff all over the place. It's the 'global' config menu for YAD. If you use very few apps with any YAD stuff in them, that could explain why this got put here instead.

Couldn't confirm with any degree of certainty, but.....just sayin', y'know?

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:48 am

Couldn't confirm with any degree of certainty, but.....just sayin', y'know?

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

understand :)
test in Vanilla Dpup 9.2.x one folder is created ( .yradio )

Attachments
Снимок .jpg
Снимок .jpg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

keniv

Post by keniv »

@mikewalsh and @Sofiya
Thank you both for checking on this for me.

I have yad.conf in /root/.config of every one of my Pups, but then I use a ton of YAD-based stuff all over the place. It's the 'global' config menu for YAD. If you use very few apps with any YAD stuff in them, that could explain why this got put here instead.

I also have yad.conf in the same place as Mike.

test in Vanilla Dpup 9.2.x one folder is created ( .yradio )

I've only tried this new version in F96_4-radky6-CE but as you have the same result in Vanilla Dpup 9.2 as I do in F96_4-radky6-CE I'm beginning to think my installation is probably OK. Thanks for all the help with this.

Regards,

Ken.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

I think yad.conf (or not) isn't important, it just puts it in .config first time run but perhaps not in any case, not sure TBH.

Another thing, the Yradio GUI may not look very well with the method of a .home directory, because the gtk2 theme is not set.
I solved it by creating a symlink to /root/.gtkrc-2.0 (if exist) to use my theme that's set in .gtkrc-2.0, from terminal in the YRadio_64.home dir: ln -s /root/.gtkrc-2.0 .gtkrc-2.0
Or for a black theme, copy attached .gtkrc-2.0 to YRadio_64.home (remove fake .gz)

EDIT: Seems not working this way on Puppy, see next post.

.gtkrc-2.0.gz
remove fake .gz
(31.79 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Screenshot black theme:

Black theme
Black theme
2023-01-05_16-56-13.png (132.38 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

fredx181 wrote:

I solved it by creating a symlink to /root/.gtkrc-2.0 (if exist) to use my theme that's set in .gtkrc-2.0, from terminal in the YRadio_64.home dir: ln -s /root/.gtkrc-2.0 .gtkrc-2.0
Or for a black theme, copy attached .gtkrc-2.0 to YRadio_64.home (remove fake .gz)

Mmm... sorry, spoke too soon :oops: this way of theme setting doesn't seem to work on Puppy (tested now on Fossapup and Vanilla-Dpup), perhaps has to do with JWM, my initial test was on Openbox window-manager.

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

fredx181 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:56 pm
fredx181 wrote:

Mmm... sorry, spoke too soon :oops: this way of theme setting doesn't seem to work on Puppy (tested now on Fossapup and Vanilla-Dpup), perhaps has to do with JWM, my initial test was on Openbox window-manager.

in KLV-Airedale-rc works :D

Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 1235 times

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Sofiya wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:12 pm
fredx181 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:56 pm
fredx181 wrote:

in KLV-Airedale-rc works :D

Aha. Thanks! Would be interesting to find out why it doesn't work on Puppy, I have no clue yet.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

So what do I do with the app image if I have an older Puppy?

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

amethyst wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:29 pm

Why it doesn't work ? Just making it executable and click it should do.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

fredx181 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:31 pm
amethyst wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:29 pm

Why it doesn't work ? Just making it executable and click it should do.

Thanks, never used apps before. :thumbup2:

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Replying to post from @amethyst here: viewtopic.php?p=77774#p77774
(better conitnue here, as this is dev thread)

amethyst wrote:

What is the command to resume from pause and then start recording immediately? I want to set a time to start recording and a time to stop (exit the application). Probably using pSchedule. A builtin scheduler will be great.

I'll think about that, but probably I will not include such option (no idea how, btw :? ).

BTW - Pause/Play button does not work for me (doesn't continue after pause). Have to double click the item to start play.

I cannot reproduce that, sorry, for me resuming play (clicking button play/pause) after pause works.

@all anyone else have this problem ?

Also seems that the stream is recorded (or is it just copied) at the same bitrate as the incoming stream. Is it possible to encode the incoming stream at a pre-selected bitrate?

No, anyway not by using streamripper itself, it just follows the bitrate from the radio station. You can convert of course afterwards with e.g. ffmpeg.

Return to “Multimedia”