The ultimate CPU backdoor uses Linux

Governor

The ultimate CPU backdoor uses Linux

Post by Governor »

Deleted link to video because it is possible security risk.

It auto starts with no option to select it to start or not start.
-------------------

The link I posted before was a direct link to the video. I have found the link to the social media post containing the embedded video which is ok to post according to forum moderator:

Code: Select all

https://gab.com/RedPedePolitics/posts/109580139475246789
Last edited by Governor on Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out alive.

geo_c

Re: The ultimate CPU backdoor uses Linux

Post by geo_c »

FWIW @Governor

No experienced puppy forum user would ever click on a random link that downloads some file from an unknown source. That would be a serious lapse of security acumen.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Keef

Post by Keef »

I'd take a bit of persuading to go near anything that came from Gab.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Governor :-

Do please be aware - for future reference - that we tend to frown on posts that consist solely of a URL. It's preferred to add at least a short description of what the URL links to, and what it's about.

You weren't to know. Now you do! Thanks!

(Rather anti-Semitic, if you ask me. But what d'you expect from a platform closely associated with Trump supporters, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and conspiracy theorists.....all of whom have been kicked off other social media sites because of their extreme views? If THIS is where you get your daily dose of world events, my friend, you'll never be short of "moonshine"!)

Mike. ;)

Governor

Post by Governor »

geo_c wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:03 pm

FWIW @Governor

No experienced puppy forum user would ever click on a random link that downloads some file from an unknown source. That would be a serious lapse of security acumen.

It is a brief excerpt from a longer video which explains the Linux backdoor used in Intel CPU chips. If you are not interested, fine.

Last edited by Governor on Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Governor

Post by Governor »

mikewalsh wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:43 pm

@Governor :-

Do please be aware - for future reference - that we tend to frown on posts that consist solely of a URL. It's preferred to add at least a short description of what the URL links to, and what it's about.

You weren't to know. Now you do! Thanks!

(Rather anti-Semitic, if you ask me. But what d'you expect from a platform closely associated with Trump supporters, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and conspiracy theorists.....all of whom have been kicked off other social media sites because of their extreme views? If THIS is where you get your daily dose of world events, my friend, you'll never be short of "moonshine"!)
Mike. ;)

I thought the subject to be a sufficient description of what the video was about. I judge content solely on its own merits - I do not judge content because of where it came from or who gave it to me.

I noticed that there are quite a few Trump supporters on Gab, but there are also quite a few Trump haters. The interesting thing is that people who hate Trump are irrational and can't actually give any factual reasons for hating him. Trump supporters, on the other hand, can give plenty of factual reasons why they support him.

There are also quite a few religious zealots on Gab. It's no big deal, people tend to gravitate towards those with similar opinions. I sometimes like to check out how other people think even when it is completely different than how I might think. The good thing about Gab is that people are free to voice their opinions. Gab may be the only social media that supports freedom of speech. That is awesome, IMO.

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Governor wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 am

.... The interesting thing is that people who hate Trump are irrational and can't actually give any factual reasons for hating him. Trump supporters, on the other hand, can give plenty of factual reasons why they support him.

Surely, you jest!

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

Governor

Post by Governor »

TerryH wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:48 am
Governor wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 am

.... The interesting thing is that people who hate Trump are irrational and can't actually give any factual reasons for hating him. Trump supporters, on the other hand, can give plenty of factual reasons why they support him.

Surely, you jest!

Serious as a heart attack. People who hate Trump do zero research. It was not I who started talking about politics and condemnation. I only wanted to share a brief video that points out the use of a Linux back door in Intel's CPU chips, because I thought Linux people would want to know about it. Apparently, I was mistaken. I am not here to discuss politics. Any further political digressions will be ignored by me. I have neither the time nor the energy for it. :-)

Thanks!

Last edited by Governor on Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

@Governor

I deleted the video link in the first post.

The video link would auto start the video, with no option to decide if you wanted to view it.

No information on where it was from.

A link to any type file, that auto starts, is a security risk, and not allowed on this forum.

The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Governor

Post by Governor »

bigpup wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:15 pm

@Governor

I deleted the video link in the first post.

The video link would auto start the video, with no option to decide if you wanted to view it.

No information on where it was from.

A link to any type file, that auto starts, is a security risk, and not allowed on this forum.

Almost all videos autoplay these days by default, I have to change my Firefox configuration to prevent it.

Thanks for the info. I have downloaded a copy of the video and I would have uploaded it in the forum, but the size limit is 512KB.
Anyway, people do not seem to be interested, which I find surprising, but live and learn.

Cheers!

backi

Post by backi »

@Governor wrote:

I sometimes like to check out how other people think even when it is completely different than how I might think.

I think this is an Attitude which is significant/ indicates for an intelligent and civilized Society if it can grow and progress (learn) !.........but sadly nowadays we are witnessing (in real Time) .... the "Death of Reason"!

Merry Christmas!

Return to “Off-Topic Area”