What Power Saving Module does FatDog Use?

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

EfficientPup

What Power Saving Module does FatDog Use?

Post by EfficientPup »

I've had this terrible problem with my monitor not being able to go to sleep ie after a set time the monitor powers off its panel but has standby for keyboard and mouse input. I've tried 8 different OSs and all but 2 fail to get the monitor to sleep properly and FatDog unexpectedly worked. Other regular puppies don't. I'm not able to load FatDog up again currently to double check but what is the DE, window manager, and most importantly the ACPI (if applicable) module or whatever power saving pkg it uses. Thanks.

p310don

Re: What Power Saving Module does FatDog Use?

Post by p310don »

Why can't you get Fatdog up and running again?

EfficientPup

Post by EfficientPup »

p310don wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:21 pm

Why can't you get Fatdog up and running again?

I'm in the middle of a different linux session on the PC in question and I can't do much with the live session running FatDog, for example Vivaldi with my current settings and history profile loaded and VLC had no sound when testing. Even if I booted in again to Fatdog I wouldn't know where to look for this module.

p310don

Post by p310don »

I don't have the full answers to your questions, but, why not just use Fatdog as your OS?

EfficientPup

Post by EfficientPup »

p310don wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:13 am

I don't have the full answers to your questions, but, why not just use Fatdog as your OS?

It would take too long to iron out all the issues I experienced during the few days I had the live session running. Its a very modern PC. In the past a small quirk would take 4 hours to resolve and the same would be multiplied by 12 with FatDog or any other puppy despite this ecosystem being my favorite. I wish I enjoyed fixing and understanding how to troubleshoot but during the past few years its apparent that's not me.

Some of the out of the box features I need are a OS where Vivaldi can be easily installed without confusion (I had that with Bionicpup64), recognize the /home dir partition preferably instantly, dark mode for the WM, no audio bugs, a *working* Redshift (some distros it doesn't). FatDog's fonts out of the box were ugly and I recall having trouble getting that sorted. Despite reading and watching a video on how the SFS and related work it still confuses the hell out of me and using Discord App, OBS, Steam, QEMU, Handbreak, etc. sounds like a nightmare to get working and configured properly. After 3 days the monitor stopped going into sleep mode for an unknown reason so its possible the biggest problem wouldn't be solved for good.

Return to “FatDog64”