.sfs app stuck in spot

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

houndstooth

.sfs app stuck in spot

Post by houndstooth »

If I load a .sfs that appears as an application in /root/spot, it appears to unload normally but is still there, can still be run, etc.

.sfs in regular system directories like /opt fully unload.

Is this a known bug? Intentional by design?

Phoenix

Re: .sfs app stuck in spot

Post by Phoenix »

It should not be there, try navigating to /home/spot or refreshing. Otherwise most likely some sort of 'change' occurred, causing it to be written to the read-write layer. So if you want to delete it you must ensure that the file in the squashfile is identical, otherwise you'll lose data.

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

OscarTalks

Re: .sfs app stuck in spot

Post by OscarTalks »

I am curious to know what the app is that when packaged and loaded as .sfs has its component files placed under /root/spot ?
Is this .sfs something you have assembled or created yourself? What are the files and directories contained within it?
It would seem unusual to me for the system files of an app to be placed there. When something is run, if it is running as spot, I would expect some things like configuration, cache and possibly downloaded files to be created or placed there and then they would remain after unloading of the .sfs but if it is something which still remains and runs I think we need more information.

Return to “Users”