knoppix v9.1cd-en Chinese language packages

icake

knoppix v9.1cd-en Chinese language packages

Post by icake »

Knoppix is a bootable Live system on CD, DVD or USB flash drives developed by Klaus Knopper. The latest English Knoppix released is version is 9.1.

more information and download: https://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

I have created 2 half-Chinese and 2 Chinese debs to provide Chinese support for the Knoppix English system cd version 9.1.

(A) Half-Chinese debs:

fcitx_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-114.3.7.deb
scim_1.4.9--en-zh-raring-114.3.7.deb

(B) Chinese debs:
Simplified Chinese: knoppix_v9.1cd-2021-01-25-en-zhcn-114.3.7.deb

Traditional Chinese: knoppix_v9.1cd-2021-01-25-en-zhtw-114.3.7.deb

Functions:
(C) the half-Chinese language debs under (A) will enable you to display and input Chinese in Knoppix English system cd version 9.1 using 1 of the 2 input method platform:

a. fcitx - with 23 Chinese input methods
b. scim - with 22 Chinese input methods

(D) the name corresponding Chinese language debs under (B) will give you Simplified Chinese (zhcn) or Traditional Chinese (zhtw) menus, icon labels, tooltips for Knoppix English system cd version 9.1. Please note that all Chinese language deb rely on a suitable half-Chinese language deb already installed to the system (see section A above)to provide Chinese input platform and Chinese fonts.

Usage:
More details about these half-Chinese and Chinese debs can be found in a pdf file: "icake_knoppix_chinese_debs_user_guide" written in English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

These debs and user guide can be downloaded from the public sharing folders here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/icakec ... s/KNOPPIX/

GMBudwrench

Re: knoppix v9.1cd-en Chinese language packages

Post by GMBudwrench »

Knoppix, the Distro I found one night when searching Yahoo for an open source windows utility cd.... Hirens I think? I was looking for a disk clone program. I grabbed the knoppix when I got the chance and was immediately impressed with it. A further search of live cds brought me here. My first time was with version 4.20. It was a lifesaver for someone on dialup internet.

HP G71 Wins10 64 bit, 2.2ghz 320gb hdd, Bionicpup64 on a WD 500gb portable HDD.

icake

revised knoppix v9.1cd-en Chinese language packages

Post by icake »

Further to the release of 2 half-Chinese debs for Knoppix 9.1 on Dec 31, 2021, I have created 2 more half-Chinese debs based on the gcin and hime input platforms. I have also added more Chinese input methods to the fcitx and scim debs and create the revised 114.3.8 debs for Knoppix 9.1.

Knoppix is a bootable Live system on CD, DVD or USB flash drives developed by Klaus Knopper. The latest English Knoppix released is version is 9.1.

more information and download: https://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

I have created 4 half-Chinese and 2 Chinese debs to provide Chinese support for the Knoppix English system cd version 9.1.

(A) Half-Chinese debs:

1. fcitx32_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-114.3.8.deb (20 mb)
2. gcin32_2.9.0-en-zh-raring-114.3.8.deb (17 mb)
3. hime32_0.9.11-en-zh-raring-114.3.8.deb (19 mb)
4. scim32_1.4.9--en-zh-raring-114.3.8.deb (14 mb)

(B) Chinese debs:
Simplified Chinese: knoppix_v9.1cd-2021-01-25-en-zhcn-114.3.8.deb (3 mb)
Traditional Chinese: knoppix_v9.1cd-2021-01-25-en-zhtw-114.3.8.deb (2 mb)

Functions:
(C) the half-Chinese language debs under (A) will enable you to display and input Chinese in Knoppix English system cd version 9.1 using 1 of the 4 input method platform:

a. fcitx - with 33 Chinese input methods
b. gcin - with 16 Chinese input methods
c. hime - with 10 Chinese input methods
d. scim - with 24 Chinese input methods

(D) the name corresponding Chinese language debs under (B) will give you Simplified Chinese (zhcn) or Traditional Chinese (zhtw) menus, icon labels, tooltips for Knoppix English system cd version 9.1. Please note that all Chinese language deb rely on a suitable half-Chinese language deb already installed to the system (see section A above)to provide Chinese input platform and Chinese fonts.

Usage:
More details about these half-Chinese and Chinese debs can be found in a pdf file: "icake_knoppix_chinese_debs_user_guide" written in English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

These debs and user guide can be downloaded from the public sharing folders here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/icakec ... s/KNOPPIX/

icake
Oct 7, 2022

Return to “Standard Chinese Language PET's”