KLV-Airedale-beta+ Released, Ready for Download

Kennel Linux Void-based

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: KLV-Airedale-beta+ Released, Ready for Download

Post by rockedge »

geo_c wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:44 am

Oh, the label is just the partition label? I always label my partitions. I'll have to try that. Never assume I get the obvious. Just ask my wife.

Yes. the LABEL parameter is the label of a partition. I use it the most for USB drive boot stanza's

wiak

Post by wiak »

rockedge wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:35 am

@wiak I ran across a 1 GiB RAM module that is salvaged from another machine of the same era as this DELL VOSTRO 1500.

The machine has 2 x 512 MiB sticks and to access slot #2 the keyboard has to come off. So I took off the bottom panel for the easy access to slot #1 and I swapped in the 1 GiB RAM module giving the machine 1.44 GiB of RAM.

Just the 512 MiB boost in RAM size has improved overall performance. Firefox runs fine with 3 tabs open (max before swap partition is used) and htop monitoring the system running and so far no swap partition usage. Pretty amazing.

So I just ordered for $27.90 two 2 GiB modules that will adjust the RAM up to the max of 4 GiB.

It appears judging by how well KLV-Airedale is running in 1.44 GiB it should be very effecient with 4 GiB of RAM. Making this laptop form 2008 totally usable showing accceptable response times and the KLV OS is very nimble on the DELL VOSTRO 1500.

I am posting from the latest KLV-Airedale-beta20.2 (with gxmessage installed as default) running on the machine from a 16 GiB USB stick drive.

yes, works great for me with 4GB RAM on my old machine. I never bother with swap. I guess I'd need some swap if doing a lot more than I do, but first I'd configure zram swap (don't think you are doing that by default in KLV-Airedale are you?). Its crazy but 2008 machines pretty much making latest laptop nothing but expensive to use - at least by using the old machine I am saving the keyboard on the new laptop - keyboards sometimes have limited life if not careful munching snacks and getting crumbs all over the place... As I said, main issue is fan getting clogged up and eventually getting dirt/grit into main fan bearings - big problem then.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

UPDATE: I fired up XBPS and updated the database, then installed the recommended updates. The first thing I noticed is ROX would no longer open. I decided to reboot, and to my surprise, XORG failed to log in. I tried to log in to KLV from the command prompt using the name: root, password: root, and it seemed to try again, but failed a second time.

So it looks like those updates broke XORG at least as far as this particular machine goes. I could try it on a newer laptop that's only 3 years old, since I have KLV installed on USB. This computer always defaults to XWIN.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@geo_c I have not run into this problem yet. I just updated across 3 machines and all is well so far on this end. I am trying to reproduce what happened to your system.

What version of KLV-Airedale is it?

I am trying from both a USB stick drive installation, from a hard drive and in 2 different forms on QEMU virtual machines. One from ISO and using a save upper_changes directory on a virtual HDD.
The 2nd is from a boot partition set up with Grub4Dos to run from a sub-directory installation (formally known as a "frugal install") on a virtual 10 GiB hard drive.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

rockedge wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:35 am

... posting from the latest KLV-Airedale-beta20.2 ...

Is this a build or a typo; namely v20b and v20.2b?

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

it is 20.2b because of gxmessage being installed again in the rootfs

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:20 am

@geo_c I have not run into this problem yet. I just updated across 3 machines and all is well so far on this end. I am trying to reproduce what happened to your system.

What version of KLV-Airedale is it?

I am trying from both a USB stick drive installation, from a hard drive and in 2 different forms on QEMU virtual machines. One from ISO and using a save upper_changes directory on a virtual HDD.
The 2nd is from a boot partition set up with Grub4Dos to run from a sub-directory installation (formally known as a "frugal install") on a virtual 10 GiB hard drive.

Well, I'm running KLV-airedale-beta20, and at this point let's just chalk it up to my pushing things too far with symlinks. I have a feeling that because I shared some ROX files, mime-types, mime-icons with Fossapup, that maybe ROX broke something. It was running okay through several boots up to that point I did the updates. However, when I booted up that time there was a ROX panel placed above the KLV taskbar, and I removed the panel. So that should've tipped me off. After that I ran the updates, and ROX died.

Let me try again clean install without adding the "puppy-tricks." This time I'll backup my upper_changes, and then try the updates again.

geo_c

wiak

Post by wiak »

Another unexpected perfectly usable success on an old laptop with KLV-Airedale Xfce4; very surprised. Runs totally fine on this 2008 model Intel Atom N570-355 64bit emachines netboot 2GB RAM installed. These netbooks have 1024x600 pixel screens, but KLV just auto adjusted, booted without issue, connected via wifi and runs smooth. Watching youtube video on it right now - smooth as silk at 720p resolution full screen. Audio working out of the box too.

I thought I'd likely need to use Bionic or similar vintage, but no ... currently using KLV beta19 cos still to download beta20, but clearly fits this old netbook needs fine. Amazing. For me KLV-Airedale is the Emperor of forum distros - for my newest laptop and the oldest I would still bother with. This wee netbook is tiny 10.1 diag screen, light as a feather. Terrific actually.... Can't believe I have full power KLV airedale running so smooth (albeit not fast to load pages) on such a limited old piece of hardware - totally didn't expect that. The machine runs cool (36 deg C cpu cores just browsing, 55 deg C youtube 720p)- not even struggling. When I say not fast I mean on heavy graphics javascript oriented pages - but on this forum no more than 2 seconds to load new page; something around 5 to 12 seconds (generally in middle of that range) for BBC news page usually

The keyboard on this wee machine had given up the ghost but I got one via aliexpress for under 10 USD. I upgraded its RAM from 1 to 2 GB years ago. Great machine to take to the coffee shop -- battery kept in cold store still works fine for a couple of hours or more.

EDIT: now installed Chromium browser from Void repos. Even smoother... I often find Chromium better performance overall than Firefox actually.

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

KLV back up and running off USB again. This time I copied my ROX icons in instead of symlinking. And I did the updates and no problems!

KLV is a very fast OS, and Xfce looks great.

I'm remembering that the previous time I ran into trouble, I had also installed Xfe from the Xbps manager, but I kind of doubt that contributed. I've backed up my upper_changes, so I will start installing various applications to test (and see if I can remember how to get @wiak's frescobaldi package up and running again. )

geo_c

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@wiak exactly why I am still sitting on the fence when it comes to a default browser in KLV-Airedale. Originally I did not include a browser in the PLUG builds so I didn't in the KLV rootfs. Letting the user choose to install one or use a SFS loaded at boot or on-the-fly. Since portables work well one could go that way. I just downloaded a palemoon tarball for 64bit Linux and it is performing very nicely on the DELL Vostro 1500. I extracted it to /opt and let xfce4 create a desktop link right from a right-click menu selection.

Trying out the ungoogled-Chrome browser also is joyful in it's portable form. Runs smooth and a tick faster than Firefox.

So what if we discontinue including Firefox as the default installed in the rootfs and allow a user to choose a browser? Would this be a problem for a casual new user?

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@geo_c a nice way to include xfe file manager in KLV-Airedale is to use something like 12xfe_1.4.sfs which can be placed in the KLV install directory with the digit number prefixing the name which will load the SFS during the boot cycle or put the SFS somewhere like /mnt/home/12xfe_1.4.sfs then us the SFS-Load utility to load xfe to use on demand.

wiak

Post by wiak »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm

@wiak exactly why I am still sitting on the fence when it comes to a default browser in KLV-Airedale. Originally I did not include a browser in the PLUG builds so I didn't in the KLV rootfs. Letting the user choose to install one or use a SFS loaded at boot or on-the-fly. Since portables work well one could go that way. I just downloaded a palemoon tarball for 64bit Linux and it is performing very nicely on the DELL Vostro 1500. I extracted it to /opt and let xfce4 create a desktop link right from a right-click menu selection.

Trying out the ungoogled-Chrome browser also is joyful in it's portable form. Runs smooth and a tick faster than Firefox.

So what if we discontinue including Firefox as the default installed in the rootfs and allow a user to choose a browser? Would this be a problem for a casual new user?

Well, I suppose lots of Puppy users already have portable browsers available to them and even already downloaded. You could take out Firefox but maybe include a link at download post to one or more of any portable known to work with instructions on using and removing that. User then could use xbps to install Void-provided browser if they wish (after disabling the portable via putting a D or somesuch in front of the NNportable file name).

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Ramachandra Iyer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am

I have to access the windows partition frequently however, KLV is not mounting windows partition. Linux partitions are shown on desktop.

Note. I have installed Canon Network Printer after some trail and error method. I have done test printing. Great !!!
Installed CUPS plus filters and then Canon debian package. xbps created through command line however installed with the help of xbps packet manager (accessories menu).

Libreoffice - writer alone also installed. How to istall GTK3 or something for bigger font menu etc ?. I don't remember the file required for the same.

I installed cups from Octo-xbps and all the cups files are there, and the http://localhost:631/printers/ is simply not available. I think it isn't started. How do I start cups after installing it? I have no idea what to do on the command line.

EDIT: There is a menu entry in Menu>system>Manage Printing that tries to open localhost:631 which again says is unavailable in Firefox and LibreWolf

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

In regards to cups, which I have installed from Octo-xbps, along with the dev and optional dependencies, I tried entering the command:

Code: Select all

root# cupsctl WebInterface=yes
cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: Bad file descriptor

Which returned that it can't connect to the server.

So next I tried this:

root# cupsctl -h server:631
cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: Device or resource busy
root# 

And perhaps this server is active, so I'm not sure why the browser can't access it.

My cupsd.conf looks like this:

#
# Configuration file for the CUPS scheduler.  See "man cupsd.conf" for a
# complete description of this file.
#

# Log general information in error_log - change "warn" to "debug"
# for troubleshooting...
LogLevel warn
#PageLogFormat

# Specifies the maximum size of the log files before they are rotated.  The value "0" disables log rotation.
MaxLogSize 1m

# Default error policy for printers
ErrorPolicy stop-printer

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
Listen /run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing Yes
BrowseLocalProtocols dnssd

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Web interface setting...
WebInterface Yes

# Timeout after cupsd exits if idle (applied only if cupsd runs on-demand - with -l)
IdleExitTimeout 60

# Restrict access to the server...
<Location />
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

# Restrict access to log files...
<Location /admin/log>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
  # Job/subscription privacy...
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default

# Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an administrator...
  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

# All administration operations require an administrator to authenticate...
  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

# All printer operations require a printer operator to authenticate...
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

# Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>

# Set the authenticated printer/job policies...
<Policy authenticated>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default

AuthType Default
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
    AuthType Default
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

AuthType Default
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>

# Set the kerberized printer/job policies...
<Policy kerberos>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default

AuthType Negotiate
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

AuthType Negotiate
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

AuthType Negotiate
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

<Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>

And now I see that there is no /run/cups/ directory to accomodate the line: Listen /run/cups/cups.sock

I decided to check /etc/runit/runsvdir/ and /etc/runit/runsvdir/ and don't see any cups entries. Also used this command:

root# sv status /var/service/*
run: /var/service/NetworkManager: (pid 707) 1348s
run: /var/service/agetty-autologin-tty1: (pid 708) 1348s
fail: /var/service/agetty-tty1: unable to change to service directory: file does not exist
run: /var/service/agetty-tty2: (pid 709) 1348s
run: /var/service/agetty-tty3: (pid 711) 1348s
run: /var/service/agetty-tty4: (pid 710) 1348s
run: /var/service/agetty-tty5: (pid 712) 1348s
run: /var/service/agetty-tty6: (pid 713) 1348s
run: /var/service/dbus: (pid 715) 1348s
run: /var/service/pulseaudio: (pid 717) 1348s
run: /var/service/sfsunload: (pid 719) 1348s
run: /var/service/start-ntpdate: (pid 720) 1348s
run: /var/service/udevd: (pid 718) 1348s
root# 
Last edited by geo_c on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geo_c

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I will look into CUPS more closely and test it thoroughly. I have not delved deeply into printers or scanners with KLV-Airedale yet.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 pm

I will look into CUPS more closely and test it thoroughly. I have not delved deeply into printers or scanners with KLV-Airedale yet.

No hurry, I'm just prioritizing the applications that would be necessary to make this a daily driver, so I started with CUPS, because I'd want to print.

geo_c

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@rockedge :-

Summat very strange going on here, Erik. I know I'm not posting here like I was, but I do keep up with the latest builds.

I've just booted into the most recent version, after updating as usual,and......well; my screen resolution seems to have reset itself to the same as your screenshots; I've lost all my settings; I appear to have YOUR wallpaper.....and as if that wasn't enough, I have no network connection; it doesn't recognise any of my network adapters.......and all it's giving me is access to a non-existent VM that I don't have!

Is any of this ringing a bell? Because it rather looks like you've somehow re-mastered the latest version with your own personal settings built into it...

(If it was just the usual config stuff, I could accept that I'd made a boo-boo somewhere along the line. But I've NEVER had a kernel refuse to "see" my network adapters before. It's definitely a hardware recognition issue.......almost like this is a custom kernel you've built for your own use? Why should this kernel behave any different to the previous versions?)

?????

Mike. :o

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

mikewalsh wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:09 pm

@rockedge :-
Summat very strange going on here,
Mike. :o

Just curious, I downloaded beta20 before @rockedge added the KLV beta20 topic to the forum, I'm thinking it was re-built after the one I downloaded, because I don't seem to be noticing any of the things you're talking about Mike.

Last night I added most of my terminal applications, and the Xfce terminal is a lot nicer to work with than urxvt. Easy to change the color scheme, and ranger displays images without blocking out random lines.

neomutt
ranger
newsboat
elinks
w3m
lynx

~geo

Last edited by geo_c on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

geo_c

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@geo_c :-

It IS an odd one, mate. I've just reverted back to Beta 18, and - for me - everything is now tickety-boo again.

I'm only surmising here, but it seems to centre around the "00-modules" SFS. I've got something like the last 7 or 8 betas stashed away, so I've been working back release by release to find out when this happened.

Beta 19 also has the "b19" suffix on the "00-modules" SFS. From what I can recall, Beta 19 and Beta 20 came out very close together; I was going to download and use Beta 19 when I realised it had already been replaced with Beta 20, so I never in fact got around to trying Beta 19. But it, too, displays the same issues as Beta 20 is giving me.

Going back one further - Beta 18 is what I've been running till recently - everything's back to normal.

The "00-modules" SFS hasn't changed in size for several releases. But the "00-modules_b19" SFS is at least 1.5-2 MB smaller than the previous ones.....which to me, indicates that some things have been removed.

Don't know what, but whatever they are, they're directly affecting my screen resolution and networking access.

It's probably the same issue as when I switched from the alphas to Beta1; I ended up having to re-do everything from scratch, as I was told that something in the "upper_changes" directory was interfering......because I tend to keep the "upper_changes" directory from one build to the next. I'm not a very good tester, I'm afraid, because I don't follow the recommended advice of always starting clean with each build. I customise the hell out of things once they work how I want them, and am usually loathe to have to just delete & start all over again.

It's probably just me! :roll:

Mike. :|

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Hi Mike, I also don't have problems with beta20 (well it's beta20.2 that I tested now), e.g. wifi works ok for me.
Always tricky using old save (made from earlier version), how I do sometimes is boot fresh to test well and from the backup of old save I just copy/replace some stuff in e.g. /root/.config or/and .... or again install packages , to get back my previously made configuration.

EDIT: Also, if you'd like to become a better tester :D , I'd say just add a new fresh install of the latest version and make a new entry in menu.lst or grub.cfg such as "KLV-Airedale latest"

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@fredx181 :-

Yah, point taken, Fred. But it's my thought that you have to have a certain personality type to be a dedicated tester.....and frankly, I can't think of anything more soul-destroying than constantly doing nothing but trying out build after build of exactly the same thing, again & again, day in, day out.

I appreciate that developers NEED people who are willing to do JUST this, over & over again. But it's not for me; it'd drive me round the bend in very short order. Once I like the look of something, I want to start customizing it!

Takes all sorts to make this dirt-ball spin, mate. The only time I ever get that focused on anything is if I'm trying to put a package together and get it fully-functional to my own satisfaction.....because that's the only scenario where I have the continuous interest to keep me going. It's a hard life being a perfectionist..! :D

Mike. ;)

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

wiak wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:28 pm

Method 2. Easier.

• Download the archive of frescobaldi xbps packages I made from: https://owncloud.rockedge.org/index.php ... X5to4bbayS

• uncompress that with command: tar xvf blahblahblahfilename

• cd into the extracted archive folder where the xbps files are

• run command:

xbps-rindex -a *.xbps
    xi -Sy poppler-qt5
    xi -R $PWD frescobaldi

Just installed this package again on KLV-beta20. Thanks once more. This KLV is coming along nicely. I'm about to test all my @mikewalsh portables: LibreOffice, Musescore, Ungoogled Chromium, Brave, Gimp, Palemoon, Zoom, LMMS studio, etc.

Just a note about terminal apps, I'm really hooked on using the combination of mc and ranger, kind of like the way I use Rox and Xfe (which I installed from the Octo-Xbps.) I installed Ranger with Octo-Xbps also, and it runs great, better than in Fossapup. The only ones I haven't put together yet are nmail, tilde, and calcurse. Nmail and Tilde are not in the void repos, so I may have to compile, calcurse is in the void repo, but it's one version behind my Fossapup version which I compiled, so I may compile that in KLV also.

If I'm going to be doing some compiling maybe I can make xbps packages with a little instruction and research.

geo_c

wiak

Post by wiak »

On android phone out and about at the moment. I have a recollection that klv contained a utility app for making xpbs package, but maybe I'm Imagining it. It is the sort of utility fredx181 likes making since had similar Deb making utilities in debiandogs

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

So I've been firing up @mikewalsh's portables in KLV and they are mostly working well:

Palemoon - works better than in Fossapup, and pumps sound to my system's chosen USB audio interface
Ungoogled Chromium - working well but sends audio to my built-in soundcard
Brave - working well but same as Chromium in the audio department
Musescore - working, haven't tested midi playback yet, I'm anticipating possible issues there, we'll see.
LibreOffice7.1 - working and boots very fast, a whole lot faster than my sfs version in Fossapup which takes like 5 seconds.
LMMS - boots up and appears to be working, will do some audio tests later
Gimp - all is well!
Zoom - looks like it's good but I declined to 2FA my "unknown device" on sign in so haven't tested audio and video

Xnview Portable did not boot up.

My Open Shot appimage did not boot up from Rox, so I'll download Mike's portable and check that out.

I compiled calcurse4.8.0 and that's working well.

I can't compose a message from neomutt because I'm symlinking the config folder with Fossapup and it's trying to open Tilde, which I haven't compiled yet. It seems to work fine otherwise though with the shared config.

I looked into compiling nmail, but nmail's github only lists dependencies for Ubuntu, Fedora, and generic linux, so I'm not sure which direction to head with that.

other things I added so far from xbps are:
w3m
lynx
elinks
ranger
newsboat
xfe
geany themes

and of course I'm running LibreWolf, appimage. Mike's portable wasn't working for me in Fossapup, but I should proablably give it a shot in KLV.

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

This KLV is very lean and fast, just about fully functional for me (mostly needing cups printing at this point) and running at a mere 567GB of RAM.

The only thing I notice that tends to lag, and it may because my gtk theme is symlinked, the Applications menu sometimes takes about second and a half to pop up after clicking. I'll eventually get around to copying the gtk theme into the file structure and see if that changes it.

geo_c

Return to “KLV-Airedale”