Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

puNES 0.109

Post by Grey »

puNES 0.109 by Fabio Cavallo (aka FHorse). Qt-based Nintendo Entertaiment System emulator and NSF/NSFe Music Player.
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/4lkAXQTQ#w2fTQFb-y ... IrnKL0yXC8
In this version, the problem of the previous ones has finally been solved, which was the incorrect exit from full-screen mode with "breaking the window".

I recommend enabling the GPU shader CRT With Curve. You can enable it in Settings>>Video>>Filters.
After that, the fullscreen mode looks like my TV in the 90s: rounded edges, convex screen and "interlaced scan" :)
Of the palettes available in the settings, I like Sony CXA2025AS.

Jurassic Park with a patch for permanently enabled audio options in action :) :

punes_0.109.gif
punes_0.109.gif (137.28 KiB) Viewed 4756 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikeslr

Re: Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Post by mikeslr »

Grey, as a result of my astigmatism, I read your title as pRuNES 0.109. The last thing I want to do is feed my Puppy prunes. :roll:

Grey

FCEUX 2.6.4

Post by Grey »

An NES emulator that has been around for many years and resulted from the merger of half a dozen projects with similar names :)
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/lgsmyKrJ#Oal8aexw6 ... hAFKuR2VQ8
The emulation is no worse (theoretically better) than that of the previous hero. At the same time, here we have a huge set of tools for debugging, ROM hacking and translating games into different languages.

Ninja Ryukenden 3 (Yomi no Hakobune) with PPU Viewer (and here's the font :) ) in action:

fceux-2.6.4_NinjaRyukendenIII.gif
fceux-2.6.4_NinjaRyukendenIII.gif (143.67 KiB) Viewed 4655 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Post by Grey »

mikeslr wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:46 am

Grey, as a result of my astigmatism, I read your title as pRuNES 0.109. The last thing I want to do is feed my Puppy prunes. :roll:

For some reason, it reminded me of how as a child I learned the names of fruits and vegetables in English :) At that time, a program for children called Children's Hour was shown on TV in Russia. In the program there were English lessons for children (in the introduction of the program there were Luxo lamps from Pixar studio jumping to the beat to a melody known in the country :) ). I do not know if there was a license and the right to show and change cartoons, perhaps everything was done without asking.

What I remember most of all is the British cartoon that was shown inside the program. There was a green bear-like alien Muzzy and his friend Bob (rat?!). Muzzy ate all the watches he saw and fought a villain named Corvax.

I (and half the other children in the town) sat in front of the TV and when they made a special pause, I repeated English words after the characters. Plum, apple, prune, orange, etc :)

Some episodes of the program were with German and French lessons with other actors and plots. About the German language... there was some grandmother with two grandchildren living in the forest. These issues seemed a little creepy to me :)

Grey

VICE 3.6.1

Post by Grey »

Compiled and made .pet for VICE 3.6.1 (Commodore emulator): https://mega.nz/file/tgc1xZ6K#D6oMjU2f3 ... bfDsfT_N04

I compiled without the support of "left" hardware like HardSID and Catweasel. At the time, I did not buy them because of the price (a lot of euros that I do not have... I don't have any euros at all :) ), so I can't check their work and that's why I turned off their support.

I played for half an hour. The recently re-released Nixy the Glade Sprite 64 game.
Good game. The music seemed painfully familiar to me. It seems to me that this is a processing or a remix of a melody from an old Margo Puzzle game developed in the 90s for the ZX Spectrum in Belarus. No, not plagiarism, but creative processing :)
Now not only on ZX Spectrum, but also on Commodore 64:

vice-3.6.1_Nixy_the_Glade_Sprite_64.gif
vice-3.6.1_Nixy_the_Glade_Sprite_64.gif (63.52 KiB) Viewed 4483 times

amethyst

Re: FCEUX 2.6.4

Post by amethyst »

Grey wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:16 pm

An NES emulator that has been around for many years and resulted from the merger of half a dozen projects with similar names :)
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/lgsmyKrJ#Oal8aexw6 ... hAFKuR2VQ8
The emulation is no worse (theoretically better) than that of the previous hero. At the same time, here we have a huge set of tools for debugging, ROM hacking and translating games into different languages.

Ninja Ryukenden 3 (Yomi no Hakobune) with PPU Viewer (and here's the font :) ) in action:
fceux-2.6.4_NinjaRyukendenIII.gif

I've been using NNesterj for years. It's Windows but runs well with Wine. It's actually very good. For download and LOTS of games viewtopic.php?p=56647#p56647

Grey

Qemu v7.0.50

Post by Grey »

I compiled Qemu v7.0.50. Maybe someone needs it too.
That's what the program itself says about itself :) :

QEMU emulator version 7.0.50 (v7.0.0-679-g9cf289af47)

Pet: https://mega.nz/file/NkFjnLbZ#5GqpX6dVN ... MfiBP2IJ-w
As usual: Menu>>System>>QEMU

Which I would like to note as important:
1. In QEMU GUI, the -soundhw ac97 option is deprecated, so I replaced it with -device ac97 in the settings file (.qemu_gui.rc).
2. Fossapup (& Jammypup) inside Qemu finally runs at a resolution of 1280x800 in windowed mode (with the -device virtio-vga-gl parameter and virgl), and not in a small window like before :thumbup:

qemu-7.0.50.gif
qemu-7.0.50.gif (359.74 KiB) Viewed 4386 times

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@Grey, Thanks muchly! :thumbup:

Just tested this QEMU stanzas:

for FossaPUP64

Code: Select all

qemu-system-x86_64 -boot d -m 2048 -enable-kvm -hda /mnt/sda8/KVMstorage/vHDD.img -hdb /mnt/sda8/KVMstorage/vPAGEorSWAP.img -cdrom /mnt/sda8/BOOTISOS/fossapup64-9.5.iso -smp 2 -device AC97 -net nic -net user,smb=/dev/shm/

for KLV-Airedale-beta14

qemu-system-x86_64 -boot d -m 2048 -enable-kvm -hda /mnt/sda8/KVMstorage/vHDD.img -hdb /mnt/sda8/KVMstorage/vPAGEorSWAP.img -cdrom /mnt/sda8/BOOTISOS/KLV-Airedale-beta14.iso -smp 2 -device AC97 -net nic -net user,smb=/dev/shm/
Grey

AbiWord 3.0.5

Post by Grey »

Almost two years seem to have passed between versions 3.0.4 and 3.0.5. In the program itself, the version is indicated correctly, but the years are still 1998-2012. Yes, like years of living on the grave of a venerable program :) I wanted to correct the years first... but then I thought... why do I need this :) ? So I just compiled it as it is.

So, before I lose it somewhere... then here is version 3.0.5:
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/QglllKJZ#iG9VooLBc ... WwDsq3i1nY

abiword_3.0.5.gif
abiword_3.0.5.gif (25.88 KiB) Viewed 4266 times

Grey

Chinese Paladin (game)

Post by Grey »

I wanted to post it a month ago, but something was in the way all the time :)

Xianjian Qixia Zhuan aka Chinese Paladin aka The Legend of Sword and Fairy.
So, the legendary Chinese (okay, released in Taiwan) RPG genre game. We have a great set of "ingredients" for the plot here: Ancient China, martial arts and a strong love line.

I compiled and added SDLPAL (SDL-based reimplementation of the game) to the game, which is used to run the game. I also applied the patch version 3.3 from the PalFans team, which translates the game from Chinese to English. The game was released in 1995. I used the DOS version first, but then I changed it to the Windows version.
It is interesting and wonderful that SDLPAL uses some technologies from DosBox and MAME for its work. And there are 86 midi melodies in the game :)
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/cl9GwKIA#iAOOMJTeS ... sBAuPC5S_0
Menu>>Fun>>Chinese Paladin
Alt+Enter switches windowed and fullscreen modes.

Humor is present. For example, at the very beginning of the passage, auntie powerfully hits your hero's head with a frying pan, trying to get him to do at least something useful around the house :) :

ChinesePaladin.gif
ChinesePaladin.gif (93.02 KiB) Viewed 3970 times

Grey

Inkscape 1.2

Post by Grey »

Version 1.2 was released. At first I didn't like some points, but then I got used to it and in general there were much more advantages added.
SFS: inkscape-1.2-fossapup-x86_64_9.5.sfs
md5: f8f44e7842f03c22d74fdc031e47046f

I decided to stretch my fingers :) and try to portray a Robopup using only Inkscape itself, without additional software (without Gimp, Blender). In principle, for several evenings of unhurried work, I didn't even strain much. The most difficult thing is with the "atomic reactor" (okay, I haven't imagined exactly what principles it works on yet).

I noticed that some vector effects and filters are displayed differently in Inkscape and in the browser (Chromium). I'm talking about SVG files. Our favorite Viewnior displays the same way as the browser, that is, a little differently than Inkscape.

I still need to make a Puppy logo on his cheek and finish the design. When I'm done (I have other things to do right now), of course I'll post the SVG in the appropriate section of the forum. So far, I have not decided on the final design:

Robopup_forum_test.jpg
Robopup_forum_test.jpg (95.68 KiB) Viewed 4750 times

Grey

ScummVM 2.7.0 (Git)

Post by Grey »

So, while the ScummVM website is offering to test version 2.6.0 for the third day... I can suggest looking at version 2.7.0 from Git. Someday I will replace it with something well tested :)
Pet: scummvm-2.7.0-fossapup-x86_64.pet

For statistics. The source codes with all the add-ons take about one and a half (1.5) gigabytes. After compilation, the project folder weighs three and a half (3.5) gigabytes.

What is immediately noticeable from the changes? Well, there is a sorting of games by different criteria in the main window of the program :) :

scummvm_2.7.0.gif
scummvm_2.7.0.gif (22.1 KiB) Viewed 4613 times

Grey

Engines for launching Doom-Quake-Heretic-Hexen

Post by Grey »

Four programs to run Doom-Quake, as well as Heretic and Hexen with good almost modern graphics. You will have to make several gestures to launch the games, namely download game resources from somewhere (or tear your ass off the chair and pull them out of old disks :) ).

Doom, Heretic, Hexen (as well as their mods and homemade games on the engine):
doomsday-2.3.1-fossapup-x86_64.pet
gzdoom-4.7.1-fossapup-x86_64.pet
Quake:
quakespasm-0.94.4-fossapup-x86_64.pet
Quake 2 (+ mods and homemade games):
yamagi-quake2-8.01-fossapup-x86_64.pet

Well, the first program has a normal graphical interface and everything can be configured there and specify where the game files are.

The second program (my favorite) at the start itself will explain to you what you need to do to have fun :)

It gets worse :) The third program needs to specify where to get the game files. For example, you can write something like this to a desktop file (/usr/share/applications/quakespasm.desktop):

Exec=quakespasm -basedir /root/quakes/quakespasm/

The most difficult thing :) The fourth program should be run as a spot (but there is support for Vulkan, OpenGL 3.2 (& 1.4) and really cool graphics :) ). Therefore, it is best to put the game files (homemade and commercial games on the Quake 2 engine) in a folder and create scripts to run in it:

#!/bin/sh
run-as-spot /usr/lib/yamagi-quake2/quake2

#!/bin/sh
run-as-spot /usr/lib/yamagi-quake2/quake2 +set game xatrix

#!/bin/sh
run-as-spot /usr/lib/yamagi-quake2/quake2 +set game rogue

#!/bin/sh
run-as-spot /usr/lib/yamagi-quake2/quake2 +set game ctf
yamagiquake2.png
yamagiquake2.png (12.66 KiB) Viewed 4500 times

Have fun!

Grey

Vulkan loader library + Vulkan utilities

Post by Grey »

Grey wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:37 am

(but there is support for Vulkan,

I received a personal message in which one of the forum participants indicated a desire to use Vulkan., but a small amount of materials about it on the forum.

So here. Vulkan loader library + Vulkan utilities.
Two in one, shampoo and conditioner, so to speak :)

libvulkan-tools-1.3.216-fossapup-x86_64.pet
(354.59 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Immediately pay attention, I have a GTX 1050 Ti and proprietary drivers. I do not know what you have there and how it will work.
Where I checked. First of all Chromium browsers (page output). Vulkan performs well in modern emulators like Dolphin, RPCS3, PCSX2, DuckStation, PPSSPP and others. And of course Windows games in Wine.

After installation, you will have 4 options of command-line utilities for testing and getting information about Vulkan.

vulkaninfo. The first utility provides information about availability and capabilities. It is better to run so as to get only important data:

vulkaninfo | less

vkcube, vkcube-wayland, vkcubepp. The other three are a demonstration of a three-dimensional cube, which is displayed on the screen by Vulkan. Well, one for Wayland, the other for legacy systems. We are mainly interested in the first one:

vulkan_vkcube.gif
vulkan_vkcube.gif (54.82 KiB) Viewed 4468 times

Grey

TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge works in Fossapup

Post by Grey »

Almost a continuation of the Vulkan theme.
Fossapup + Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge (of course the Linux version ;) )

So, the local noble filibusters have provided me with this newest game of 2022.

Inside the startup script, it is immediately said that Vulkan is needed. Well, it's there. I was more afraid that Mono would start its tricks again...

# And yes Vulkan is required, OpenGL will lock up on startup, sorry! -flibit
./TMNT.bin.x86_64 /gldevice:Vulkan $@

But no! Everything works fine. By the way, the game is excellent :thumbup: ! It was like I was back in the 80s, when Turtles were still cute and noble-looking, and not the monsters of recent years :lol:
A joystick is HIGHLY desirable ;) !

TMNT_SR.gif
TMNT_SR.gif (145.75 KiB) Viewed 4357 times

Grey

Qemu 7.1.50

Post by Grey »

QEMU 7.1.50 (v7.1.0-1-g93fac696d2).
x86_64, aarch64, arm. I haven't compiled the rest, it doesn't seem to be necessary.
I want to try to run something under arm again :)
Menu>>System>>QEMU
List of supported machines: qemu-system-aarch64 -machine help or arm instead of aarch64. Can be customized from the menu.
For x86_64, you can specify -machine q35 for a more modern motherboard (instead of i440FX) :)
Pet: https://mega.nz/file/B5syhbyD#zt0Wuaj3e ... 7Q8Ea5s0so

Grey

LibreELEC & Qemu

Post by Grey »

Grey wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:38 pm

QEMU

By the way. LibreELEC ("Just enough OS for KODI" :) ) provides two options for downloading. If you go to the downloads section and select Generic, then you can find img.gz and ova there. If you download the ova and unpack it (with the help of our beloved UExtract, of course ;) ), you can see such a picture:

LibreELEC.png
LibreELEC.png (21.23 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

File .ovf can be right-clicked and run in VirtualBox (if it is installed). This can be done with .ova directly, but we're talking about an unpacked file for other purposes :) File .vmdk can be inserted into the QEMU GUI instead of the C drive and LibreELEC can be run:

LibreELEC_in_Qemu_vmdk.png
LibreELEC_in_Qemu_vmdk.png (159.43 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

First time user and a newbie

I have attempted to compile two apps and I hope I have managed to do it correctly.
As it is my first attempt please let me know if they work for you and then I can add them in the relevant subsections here :thumbup:

TESTING

Yt-dlp 01 - September 2022 (2.3mb)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/och48lqo ... 1.pet/file

FFmpeg 5.1.1 - 05 September 2022 (22.51mb includes all the docs which could have been stripped out to decrease the size - didn't know how to do this :roll: )
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8w01xl2f ... 1.pet/file

If they are unusable please let me know, so that I can try again!!

Thanks

Grey

Post by Grey »

Jasper wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:14 pm

If they are unusable please let me know, so that I can try again!!

In general, it works. For the sake of interest, where did you compile? In the original Fossa? It's just that only one parameter is shown in the "configuration" line (usually there are 6-7 lines :), not library versions - they are there, namely parameters) and gcc seems to be different:

ffplay_511.gif
ffplay_511.gif (10.03 KiB) Viewed 2589 times

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Hi Grey

I compiled the applications within FossaPup64_95 with the devx_fossapup64_9.5.

My original idea was to update MPV, but that require a different tool to compile not GCC (YAD??). So I just updated FFMPeg but not sure if MPV will use the updated codecs.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Jasper if your using cmake instead of ./configure you can use

cmake .  [options]
make install/strip
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

Thank you for the tip!!
I will try it out on my next compilation.
Just need a bit more confidence in what I am doing before sharing.

Geek3579

Re: Qemu v7.0.50

Post by Geek3579 »

Grey wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 pm

I compiled Qemu v7.0.50. Maybe someone needs it too.
That's what the program itself says about itself :) :

QEMU emulator version 7.0.50 (v7.0.0-679-g9cf289af47)

Pet: https://mega.nz/file/NkFjnLbZ#5GqpX6dVN ... MfiBP2IJ-w
As usual: Menu>>System>>QEMU

Which I would like to note as important:
1. In QEMU GUI, the -soundhw ac97 option is deprecated, so I replaced it with -device ac97 in the settings file (.qemu_gui.rc).
2. Fossapup (& Jammypup) inside Qemu finally runs at a resolution of 1280x800 in windowed mode (with the -device virtio-vga-gl parameter and virgl), and not in a small window like before :thumbup:
qemu-7.0.50.gif

I tried this version of QEMU out in Fossapup64 and it works really well. Thanks so much !!

I also linked it up with AQEMU (from the PPM), which I hadn't used before. It is a fairly flexible match, with BIOS/EFI booting on both CDROMs and HDD consistently. And iIts easy to create and move HDD images between drives.

Not only that, but QEMU can produce a script to allow the guest OS to access storage USB drives etc. Its a little tricky to setup, but worth the time to learn the GUI options.

In addition, I can easily boot OSes installed on USB, especially EFI installations. The process is much more easier than with VirtualBox, IMHO.

A question though - can the resolution of 1280x800 be increased further and if so, how ???

Grey

Re: Qemu v7.0.50

Post by Grey »

Geek3579 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 am

A question though - can the resolution of 1280x800 be increased further and if so, how ???

It is quite enough for window mode :) And then, if you really need to, just change the resolution in virtual OS and press Ctrl+Alt+F.

Grey

Goxel v0.11.0

Post by Grey »

Goxel v0.11.0. 3D voxel editor. Almost like MagicaVoxel in Windows.
The new (official) version requires fresh glibc, so I compiled.

As before, on my main system with an AMD CPU, the program behaves interestingly: if the cursor is in the working area of the program, then the processor begins to rapidly warm up by 10 degrees. If the cursor is outside the workspace, for example near the program menu, the temperature drops. Author has not done anything in this direction.

However, in Qemu (virtual CPU) and on a computer with an Intel CPU, everything is fine and there is no such thing.
goxel-0.11.0-fossapup-x86_64.pet

goxel-0.11.0.gif
goxel-0.11.0.gif (47.07 KiB) Viewed 3101 times

Grey

Zabuyaki - old-school beat'em up

Post by Grey »

So, Zabuyaki.
I checked the performance of this fun game in Fossapup. I checked by launching the .love file by right-clicking on it (I have LOVE installed). The rest can play directly in the browser, Chromium works.

Of course I chose the bear character :) Any similarity of his opponents to the president (in his youth) of a certain country is completely accidental and defies logical explanation ;)

Where was Greenpeace looking at that time?! Actually, a small collage for clarity:

zabuyaki.gif
zabuyaki.gif (92.7 KiB) Viewed 3029 times

dogcat

DeltaChat Encrypted Messenger (FossaPup64)

Post by dogcat »

Works in FossaPup64 & BionicPup64
Pointer to topic viewtopic.php?t=7002

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Hi all

I repacked the latest build of the Palemoon browser from my PC.

Please let me know if it works for you :thumbup:

Palemoon-31.3.1(64-bit).pet approx 37mb

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h9o1gong ... 9.pet/file

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Small binary update

MtPaint

Just unpack and copy/overwrite the existing files in

/usr/bin

Jasper