Replace SeaMonkey 2.49.5?

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

nguyen9173

Replace SeaMonkey 2.49.5?

Post by nguyen9173 »

It could be later version of SeaMonkey (currently 2.53.12) or even Pale Moon? About Pale Moon you could use their official Linux binary and don't have to build your own version. SeaMonkey 2.49.5 is outdated and has many security issues not fixed. Web compatibility is also poor even though there is an useragent switcher integrated. Later version of SeaMonkey (2.53.x) even though has much fewer addons worked out of the box but it has workarounds for many websites let alone it has security fixes. If you want to use XUL addons then Pale Moon is a much better choice.

GMBudwrench

Re: Replace SeaMonkey 2.49.5?

Post by GMBudwrench »

Check out @mikewalsh portables here;
viewtopic.php?t=1640
Just unzip outside the save, open the folder and click launch.
Better to read his instructions first though, he explains it better.

HP G71 Wins10 64 bit, 2.2ghz 320gb hdd, Bionicpup64 on a WD 500gb portable HDD.

Feek

Post by Feek »

It could be later version of SeaMonkey (currently 2.53.12) or even Pale Moon?

Hello nguyen9173,
I don´t use Seamonkey but I think Fatdog team recently provided an updater for this browser (available via Fatdog control panel?).

Palemoon is also available in Fatdog. Sometimes I install it temporarily with Gslapt. It´s not the latest version but as far as I know there have been some issues since version 30.

Also Firefox and Chrome are available through the control panel.

So no problem with browsers in Fatdog IMO.

step

Post by step »

nguyen9173 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 pm

About Pale Moon you could use their official Linux binary and don't have to build your own version.

We chose not to because of redistribution constraints: https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml.

As others have mentioned, you could download and upgrade some browsers of your interest in the "Third-party software installers" section of system menu Setup > Fatdog Control Panel.

nguyen9173

Post by nguyen9173 »

step wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 am
nguyen9173 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 pm

About Pale Moon you could use their official Linux binary and don't have to build your own version.

We chose not to because of redistribution constraints: https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml.

You could ask them. Write them an email or register on their forum and post a thread: https://forum.palemoon.org/

nguyen9173

Post by nguyen9173 »

Now I changed my mind everyone. Don't ever include that sh*t called Pale Moon. I got banned from their forum only because I told them SeaMonkey is going to abandon XUL in future version (this is a fact!). I give them the source is the SeaMonkey status meeting and I told them to download SeaMonkey 2.57 and try installing any old XUL addons to see if they are work or not. A clueless guy on this forum constantly telling that I'm a troll spreading wrong information and he backed his claim with a post of SeaMonkey developer frg on the MozillaZine forum. As I explained to them, frg's post only shows his frustrated with manifest v3 and currently lost in direction, doesn't know how to implement WebExtensions support in SeaMonkey the right way. It has nothing to do with SeaMonkey will keep XUL at any cost even in future releases as he said. He keeps ignoring my points. Finally the forum staff jumped in and banned me because they consider I'm disrespect the guy so I must be dismissed. Didn't them check the guy's posts to see how he disrespected me from the first place by constantly telling I'm a troll and ignoring my explanation? But it turns out I was banned because they think I'm telling "Pale Moon is old and bad and I know better than everyone else". Yes, I know I'm knowing better than the guy, I really read the lengthy SeaMonkey status meeting instead of relying on a single developer's random post on a random forum. I pointed out the problems with Pale Moon but I never said it's old and bad. It seems deepest in their mind they acknowledged this as a fact and they feel vulnerable if anyone mentioning anything distantly related to this!

nguyen9173

Post by nguyen9173 »

The Pale Moon guys are very good when badmouthing about Mozilla and Firefox. I have another view than them regarding why the keyword Pale Moon was moderated on this subreddit. Why don't they ever think that it's Pale Moon supporters spammed the subreddit to the extent the mod has to set to auto moderate the keyword Pale Moon? They are always pretending to be the victim! It's the worst thing about them. Why do they think Mozilla users feel being threatened by them? It's nonsense! They don't know who they are! They are too arrogant.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=28565

nguyen9173

Post by nguyen9173 »

Pale Moon people is also spreading wrong information regarding Waterfox Classic project (and SeaMonkey project too). The points they want to make is they are much better and they have the kindness to offer to co-operate but the Waterfox Classic guys refused them. Yeah, I think the Waterfox Classic guys were right. Pale Moon people is unable to work with. They want to be the leader and you have to follow their orders. They are the best! If you are the Waterfox Classic guys, do you want your project being subdued by these insane and arrogant people? If you don't get subdued, the so called co-operation will very soon break up anyway!

Return to “FatDog64”