Fossapup64 Quickpet issues

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Puppyt

Fossapup64 Quickpet issues

Post by Puppyt »

Hi to all devs/contributors to 666philb's Fossapup64 do-ocracy -
just a couple of hiccups regarding the official Quickpet portal and repository:

1) A&V > inkscape. inkscape-1.1-fossapup-x86_64.sfs downloads and loads without warnings in SFS-load, but will not run.

2) Browsers > dissenter. That browser has been discontinued for some time, and the provided link is dead. Perhaps the Brave browser could be an alternative, given it was parent to the 'dissenter' fork?

Haven't spotted any other issues, hope you don't mind if I update this thread as they might occur - feel free to slot this thread elsewhere as may be appropriate.
Thanks for all your efforts, Fossapup64 is my desert-island operating system :)

mikeslr

Re: Fossapup64 Quickpet issues

Post by mikeslr »

Hi, puppyt. About inkscape via quickpet. You're right. The SFS-loaded immediately but did not run. However, try restarting-x (AKA graphical server). After I did that it opened via the Menu [which now showed both the 'lite/builtin' and SFS-Loaded versions]. Both could be opened. Can't say anything more as I don't know how to use inkscape.

I've run across that situation with a couple of SFSes. So, if an SFS doesn't work immediately, restarting-x is now the first thing I do before trying to hunt down possible missing libs.

Return to “Fossapup64”