Black tea vs green tea vs red tea.

amethyst

Black tea vs green tea vs red tea.

Post by amethyst »

I'm not really a tea drinker but I actually drank some green tea for the first time ever. Just in boiling water nothing else. I really like it, I prefer it to black tea (especially with water only). It also probably has something to do with the quality of the tea. We also have Rooibos tea which is indigenous to South Africa which is a red tea (it's made from a bush and not leaves). The latter is also nice just with water. So, I'm trying to decide which of the two tastes nicest for me. But I've really been impressed with the green tea, it has a nice "aftertaste".

April

Re: Black tea vs green tea vs red tea.

Post by April »

Try feeding some to your Puppy. If it doesn't drink it I wouldn't either. It makes you stupid at times .

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

xenial

Post by xenial »

here in england drinking tea is an occupation..Discussions etc are always conducted around a teapot :lol:

Cup of tea and a slice of cake anyone. :roll:

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

xenial wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:48 pm

here in england drinking tea is an occupation..Discussions etc are always conducted around a teapot :lol:

Cup of tea and a slice of cake anyone. :roll:

I'll have milktart or koeksisters, thanks.

Flash

Post by Flash »

I think black tea is just fermented green tea.

Chaos coordinator :?
xenial

Post by xenial »

I only drink tea to be sociable if visiting relatives etc otherwise i am a total coffee drinker. :thumbup:

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

xenial wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:27 pm

I only drink tea to be sociable if visiting relatives etc otherwise i am a total coffee drinker. :thumbup:

Me too but I've now gone with black coffee without sugar and milk. The real taste, you should try and get used to it like that if you don't drink it that way already. Tea does go better with cake though, I think.

Grey

Post by Grey »

I'm wondering what kind of tea (not in color, but in shape) White Sahibs prefer or can afford :) ? All my friends drink tea "in a bag". Pressed natural tea is very expensive, and talking at the table without tea is boring :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

xenial

Post by xenial »

Tea used to be strained a long time ago before the invention of the teabag...Teapot is better than the "one-cup" instant tea here in dear old england.

Grey

Post by Grey »

I used to always brew in a teapot. But lately I've been drinking tea bags... Although mostly I drink plain water.
Good coffee is expensive, and it's better not to drink cheap muck at all, so I don't drink coffee.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

xenial

Post by xenial »

Yeah there is some real cheap crap coffee here..80p instant rubbish.. :P
£5 gets you a half decent coffee or for the elite there is coffee nearly £50... :x

We have a posh tea here called earl gray and it is like p*sswater :lol:

Grey

Post by Grey »

xenial wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:14 pm

and it is like p*sswater :lol:

Usually the tea in the bag is not strong. Tea of the "Princess XXXXX" series is widely distributed here. Maybe in a bag, but there is also for brewing. Princess Gita, Princess Java and Princess Noori. It seems to me that the strongest of them is Princess Noori. But of course it was divided into subspecies... Kenyan, Original, Highland, Earl Grey :) , something else there. It seems to me that the Highland (Noori) is the most normal and strong. Refers to black teas. Filth - but the best of filth :)
I have a strong feeling that this tea is grown not in Ceylon, but in the neighboring Krasnodar Territory of Russia :)

Last edited by Grey on Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feek

Post by Feek »

Some sources state that green tea has a cool effect on the human body and black tea is good at warming up.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Not really on the subject of tea but have you tried a curry hot drink? Just a little bit of curry powder with hot water (stirr well). Tastes much better than I thought it would. The trick is to get the right amount of curry (obviously according to taste) but I use very little mild curry powder. Tastes better than bitter black tea for me. Apparently quite healthy and creates a feeling of fullness. :thumbup:

wiak

Post by wiak »

amethyst wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:45 pm
xenial wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:27 pm

Me too but I've now gone with black coffee without sugar and milk. The real taste, you should try and get used to it like that if you don't drink it that way already.

That's the only way I drink coffee for a few years now - the thought of polluting coffee with sugar or milk is like adding ice or water to whisky to me - yuk - you don't really know what great coffee tastes like if you pour milk all over it. Unfortunately, with no-milk no-sugar coffee you also quickly recognise a badly made coffee - one that has no crema or one that has been cooked too long.

I also sometimes drink Rooibos tea, though I like best a version of that which has a touch of vanilla added (maybe that is yuk too, but I like it...).

We also have a couple of kg of Yerba Mate a Brazilian guy gave to us along with fancy cups and bomba to drink it - tastes really like green tea to me, but I always feel dizzy after drinking it, so maybe overdosed being not used to the large quantity the cup-thing holds. I believe it's a favourite in Argentina also and no doubt in various other Latin American countries.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Lately have been drinking Bengal Spice tea. I liked the picture of the Tiger on the box so I tried it one day.
If one knows the candy from the 1970's called an "Atomic Fireball" which seems to be a hard sphere of cinnamon and red dye, this tea tastes exactly the same in liquid form. Touch of honey is all it needs.
Will clear the sinuses and wake up or numb the taste buds.

While I lived Germany I drank Rooibos tea quite often. Liked the red color. Now coffee is another subject altogether. I am ruined as far as coffee drinking goes. My career as a film lighting guy did that. Any hot or tepid swill half way resembling coffee with a caffeine kick will suffice. Nowadays usually these coffee's come from a gas station convenience store in a wax paper or Styrofoam cup, barely warm and in desperate need of anything to make it drinkable. My local version of this gas station/store has little containers of caffeine concentrate called "Stoked" that one can pour in that really makes it more of an illicit drug.

But at $0.99 cents for a "Large" who can complain?

I used to really like to sit down at a real cafe, outdoors in Hamburg, and have a fresh roasted cup of coffee but those days were a lifetime ago.

ndujoe2

Post by ndujoe2 »

I consume decaffienated green tea for its health benefits.

Grey

Post by Grey »

ndujoe2 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:33 pm

I consume decaffienated green tea for its health benefits.

In my country, many people are still sure that most centenarians live in the Caucasus. Well, people who live to be 100 years old. It is believed that in the Caucasus people drink all sorts of mountain varieties of tea, plus pure spring water and mountain air.

Heh... tea, water, air :) I have long suspected that no air and water had anything to do with it. Especially tea. Genes allow you to live up to 100 years, if your ancestors were healthy, and now a person does not mock himself over his body (does not drink Cola, fatty meat).

Recently, scientists conducted a study. And exactly. Most centenarians live... in Moscow :) Most likely because there are families of officials of all sorts who are not nervous and live in a measured way.

Many more believe that if you live a meter from the sea (or ocean), then the "salty sea air" will cure everything and you can easily live 100 years :)

wizard

Post by wizard »

Since you're experimenting, try Hibiscus tea for a different flavor. Also helps control high blood pressure.

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

GMBudwrench

Post by GMBudwrench »

@wizard Dandelion tea? Google it. I’ve started to see it mentioned on herbalist websites. Oh and milkweed is mentioned as having healing benefits

HP G71 Wins10 64 bit, 2.2ghz 320gb hdd, Bionicpup64 on a WD 500gb portable HDD.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

One of my friend's dad made Dandelion wine and sometimes distilled a Dandelion brandy (moonshine).

Dandelion tea was a natural by-product of the process which we mixed with some black tea and sweetener.

Obviously done for the medicinal benefits.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I'll accept ANY recipes for making Dandelion-shine.

GMBudwrench

Post by GMBudwrench »

@Clarity

http://www.selfsufficiencymagazine.com/ ... moonshine/

https://homestead-and-survival.com/how- ... moonshine/

https://learntomoonshine.com/how-to-mak ... tep-recipe

I can’t say as to the quality of the product that these links promote, this would be a use at your own risk situation.

HP G71 Wins10 64 bit, 2.2ghz 320gb hdd, Bionicpup64 on a WD 500gb portable HDD.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Dandelions are just starting to pop thru for spring. Earth day teaches to seek other ways for lawn care other than fertilizers, if possible. So harvesting dandelions for good digestion ;) sounds like a happy pursuit.

Thanks, @GMBudwrench , for those. I found other youtubes, also.

I had asked as it was hoped someone has already done this and could provide 1st-hand review of their method(s) and the product.

Who knows: I just may end up with a good digestible and delectable "TEA". :thumbup2:

Now, how best to harvest???

THANKS, AGAIN!

xenial

Post by xenial »

Dandelions are abundant here also.
Never considered dandelion tea though. :lol:

Often considered a pest in some english gardens but i consider them just another flower. :roll:

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I'm warming to this curry drink. Tastes great and creates a feeling of fullness, much better than tea.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

amethyst wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:46 am

I'm warming to this curry drink. Tastes great and creates a feeling of fullness, much better than tea.

What's the mix recipe ? Worth trying out if it's tasty.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

rockedge wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:34 pm
amethyst wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:46 am

What's the mix recipe ? Worth trying out if it's tasty.

There's no mix recipe. Boil your water and then add mild curry powder and nothing else. The trick is to get the amount right. Use very little (I would say less than a quarter teaspoon). Best to add little by little until it satisfies your taste. It tastes much better than one would think it would, I think.

xenial

Post by xenial »

@amethyst
This sounds like something i would of attempted when i was younger..after all this is how new recipes are born with experimentation. :D :D

I always have sugar with tea or coffee so have you tried it with sugar :shock:
Just a thought.

8Geee

Post by 8Geee »

Well in my house it has always been Red Rose and Bigelow Constant Comment (Orange Spice). The latter is especially good with cinnabuns and danish.

8Geee

Money talks... no, it shouts, so that it doesn't have to hear common sense.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”