XNView-MP - 64-bit only - the classic media viewer in 'portable' format...

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

XNView-MP - 64-bit only - the classic media viewer in 'portable' format...

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, gang.

I came across mention of this over at LQ.org earlier today. I've used it myself quite a bit over the last few years, although not recently, it's true.

XNView-MP

It was previously available only as a tarball, but is now in AppImage format, too. Which are so much easier to work with. It's one I've always intended to 'portabilize', but just never got around to it. So, now I have....

---------------------------------

At first run, you get the choice of allowing config files to populate the system - as normal - or, to keep it portable, choose to put the config files within the XNView directory.

This thing will view images, GIFs, AND video clips, so it's a kind of one size fits all solution. This being the case, my guess is that there's a statically-compiled ffmpeg in there somewhere.

---------------------------------

If anybody wants to try this thing out, we're up to v0.99.7, released on the 13th January. As always; d/l - unzip - move the portable directory anywhere you like, though preferably outside the 'save'. It can be run from a suitably-formatted flash drive. Click to enter, click 'LAUNCH' to run AS a 'portable'. For greater system integration, a Menu entry can be added from wherever the portable is located, using the included scripts.

You can find it here:-

https://mega.nz/folder/re4G2BgT#ymixEqP0RqWZZtERVrwGig

Enjoy.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

bigpup

Re: XNView-MP - 64-bit only - the classic media viewer in 'portable' format...

Post by bigpup »

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “Graphics”