CHROME Browser is out and its a 'BEAUT'!

For discussions about security.
Clarity

CHROME Browser is out and its a 'BEAUT'!

Post by Clarity »

Chrome browser version 100 is out with "User Agent" advances.

Enjoy

Grey

Re: CHROME Browser is out and its a 'BEAUT'!

Post by Grey »

Clarity wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:50 pm

Enjoy

You were overjoyed early. They have a full dossier on you there and they will collect more materials :)
The world tends to laziness and simplification of everything. Degradation is evident ;) :

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

YES, they all do it contrary to what you read. They just frame it differently to fly under the radar. The Internet, no matter where in the world you are, is a avenue with built in tracking and harvesting ability. :idea:

Whether it is used at the corporate level or at the user-developer levels, is another question and discussion. :thumbup2: This post is merely an announcement alert of the browser.

user1234

Post by user1234 »

Grey wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:58 pm
Clarity wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:50 pm

Enjoy

You were overjoyed early. They have a full dossier on you there and they will collect more materials :)
The world tends to laziness and simplification of everything. Degradation is evident ;) :

Sometimes simpler is also beautiful. Though they could have left it at 2014's icon. 2022 one is really bad (the center looks bigger than it edges).

@mikewalsh should look at it, since he still has got 2008's icon in his portable chrome.

PuppyLinux 🐾 gives new life to old computers ✨

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@user1234 :-

Heh. Personally, I prefer the earlier versions of the icon; I'm not a fan of the modern "flat" look. I like my icons to have some 'substance' to them, y'know? :)

These two are my personal favourites, and are the ones I use on my own desktops, etc. Don't ask me for the artist's names, but I obtained these from a browsing session on DeviantArt some 4½-5 years ago...

I attach them below, in case anyone likes the look of 'em..... ROX will quite happily resize them down to the pinboard's default 48x48, and they still look good.

@Grey :-

Google must have a "dossier" on me as thick as a stack of Bibles by this time. I've used the browser since it was in 'beta' back in the Autumn of 2008. I couldn't care less; they might harvest your data for all they're worth, but they DO provide a seamless desktop experience which is second to none, and greatly enhances productivity.

There's trade-offs involved in every walk of life. I do appreciate that not everyone sees it this way, however....

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

Attachments
Chrome-modern.png
Chrome-modern.png (19.4 KiB) Viewed 522 times
chrome.png
chrome.png (16.37 KiB) Viewed 522 times
misko_2083

Post by misko_2083 »

Hey, the forum went back to the future.

Mike Walsh being a good "user" renounces privacy.
Shoshana Zubof wrote The Age of The Surveillance Capitalism
If you want to know more.

I heard that Walgreens is replacing fridge doors with the screen that have sensors that activate adds on approach. You have to watch adds before it turns on the internal camera so you can see what's inside. For now there isn't tracking of customers and personalized adds. So they claim.
One day you will have to watch an add before doing web search. :mrgreen: Streaming adds into your brain implant.

Do you want to exit the Circus? The Harsh Truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJwQicZHp_c

Return to “Security”