Spot is failing to work in Bionicpup64 8.0 (Solved)

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

Re: Spot is failing to work in Bionicpup64 8.0

Post by mikeslr »

See MIkeWalsh's post here, viewtopic.php?p=49432#p49432 and a couple post previous to that. I think these have something to do with what you're experiencing.

I don't often use any Google-related services. I don't want to give Google any more than I have to. When I do need them, I sign in using Firefox. There's even a firefox addon to them.

mikewalsh

Re: Spot is failing to work in Bionicpup64 8.0

Post by mikewalsh »

Very strange. My 'run-as-spot' Chrome-portable & Ungoogled_Chromium-portable both run quite happily in either my usual Bionicpup64 install, or run in 'Live' mode, using

Code: Select all

pfix=ram

.....if I want to test anything. Mind you, Google prefers you NOT to run them any other way, despite that they CAN be run-as-root if so desired. I admit, I've never tried running other browsers as 'spot', since every other browser will run-as-root in default trim.....and I've never placed that much faith in running as a restricted user anyway.

Mike. ;)

Phoenix

Re: Spot is failing to work in Bionicpup64 8.0 (Solved)

Post by Phoenix »

Ok... :oops: Apparently THERE is a difference between the kernel and my sister's pup. I didn't think it would count as being different if I were to rebuild the kernel.. again since I was trying to also run anbox. But hey, my last month build without the modules for anbox works just fine after swapping out vmlinuz and zdrv. Guess that goes into the bin. I can now su spot now. Many thanks for sticking through and your aid. Now, to figure out what was wrong with the Kconfig..

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

Return to “Users”