ScPup PPM_upgrades

Moderators: peebee, Forum moderators

jrb

ScPup PPM_upgrades

Post by jrb »

For some time now ScPup both 32bit and 64bit have been my "go to" puppies. :D If the "free" command is to be believed ScPup32 runs on the least ram of any puppy in my kennel, 82Mb on my little Acer Aspire One. A bit more on bigger machines but still very efficient.

The one problem however, and it's common to all rolling release distros, is always changing Package compatibility. However I think the current ScPups are totally compatible with Slackware 15.0, which is great, but there's not much beyond the basics in the Slackware 15.0 repos. They are mostly compatible with the Slackware 14.2 packages which are in the PPM (PuppyPackageManager) now. But WoofCE isn't setup to accommodate multiple distro version repos. So I have taken /var/packages/DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS from both ScPup32 and ScPup64 and hard coded in the Slackware 14.2 and Slackware 15.0 repos. Now I have a choice of packages from both. Also fully update-able.

I have attached .pets for both. Should work for any Pup based on current Slackware.

Attachments
PPM_upgrade-ScPup64-0.1.pet
update-able access to Slackware64 15.0 and 14.2 packages
(420.6 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
PPM_upgrade-ScPup32-0.1.pet
update-able access to Slackware32 15.0 and 14.2 packages
(413.86 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Return to “SPups”