improvements in the linux forum world

Ideas and discussion

oui

improvements in the linux forum world

Post by oui »

French speaking people (not French people: Roman swiss people were not taking in consideration by Linux! This was so also in Puppy linux long years! And continue sometimes as no simple code is available for her keyboard. You can sometimes enter the German swiss code directly but never the French Swiss as it is composed, a great difficulty in Puppy as the list of simple keyboard is fix and you can't enter the needing code with Variant...! So did different Swiss developers create Linux distribution: SliTaz, NuTyx are such creations always active now. A kind of "simple Puppy", not a dog but a cat, made on Ubuntu, and 100 % compatible with Ubuntu, last name was Debris Linux (from a German speak. Swiss maintainer), did cover the same needs as Puppy!) did create divers distro's: Mandrake, today, mageia in open and free form, emmabuntüs, SliTaz and NuTyx. And some other movements are helping them: https://framasoft.org, https://lilo.org.

I recommend urgently the use of the search site lilo.org as a part of profit out each search action, yes, search engines collect money by searching for us, also duckduckgo, is reversed to charity movements!.

And the problem with the domination of other cultures by the English one, yes, it is so, is solved: Emmabuntüs offers a forum powered by a multi-lingual engine!

The site of emmabuntüs is offered in different languages (with languages spoken by milliards of people like English, but also Chines simpl. and Hindi :roll: (*1 )

and also the forum of emmabuntüs:

each contributor can select one language and see the forum completely in THAT language and no one other, no separate subdivision (=more or less exclusion of a part of the world, see above poor Swiss people with her composed keyboard short cut!!! It is the same in India: 1 simple keyboard name and a lot of composed for completely independent and completely different tongues! Hindi and Tamil are so different as English and Chinese!!!!). If there is an need, he can commute the language and see all the forum in that second language! But I have here to say: The google trad is today much better as in the past!

The wiki of SliTaz accept contributions in different languages and precise translations (not made by Google) and the engine controls in each language if the translation is older as the Original Version and warn the users using translations.

I think it is the level for world openness and miss it in the Puppy sites...

~~~

(*1 : Why Hindi? People says all people speak English in India :!: . And in China :mrgreen: (also China was dominated by Englophone people coming from different countries and have exact as in China with different tongues to handle: Mandarin ist MUST, like Hindi theoretically in India, but there are very important other languages in China prefered in her own zones. Trump can say what he will: China came rarely out her own national border, very, very more rarely as American (and diverse European) people! Hindi because from the 1.500.000.000, the number look pretty with the long range of Zero's, people in India only a little number fill well speaking English to really say what they have to say and think!

I leave in such a country willing to be bilingual: Germany.

As English and German belong to the same language group, German people did always have a natural tendency to learn and speak English. In Hamburg is English already a long time the real company language within the offices of the company. They are always a lot of English speaking people in German (and French also for an other reason: Latin was MUST in German, like English in China, and French was loved under the people finding Latin good. Since Latin is free, the demand of French is very, very lower. English is not more: It is obligatory progressive since ab. 40 y. A lot of German children did have only 2 learning subjects beginning from kindergarten: music and English, no other! And after that in all school! In a lot of German school is the main language in different subdivisions of the school English! So would German people have to be a people able to speak without preference both English and German (a lot of old English speakers out the time before that evolution + the new one out the progressive mutation for that bilingual trend)! But, you can see yourself in that forum: German people continue often to prefer their own tongue! It is so! And I suppose it is so in China, and in India, and in Russia, and in all countries in Europe not having English under her official national languages...

The only one language for all the world is exactly the same illusion as the globalization and I am glad that this understanding that is was wrong came now from ...

... USA and Mr. Trump :thumbup2: !
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: improvements in the linux forum world

Post by rockedge »

My family is from Hamburg, I speak German and English and can read Dutch (for some reason) and can understand Platt Deutsch.

I curse best in English
taersh

Re: improvements in the linux forum world

Post by taersh »

...can understand Platt Deutsch.
Really? :thumbup:

I can't! :thumbdown:

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

Return to “Forum Organization & Structure Council”