Build of a WDL-Void-xfce4 with Void Linux Kernel

rockedge
Site Admin

Build of a WDL-Void-xfce4 with Void Linux Kernel

Post by rockedge »

@wiak Using f_00_Void_generic_XFCE_WDLteam-rc5.plug which is based on the no-kernel plug file, with the added statements to install a Void Linux kernel. So after running the build script build_firstrib_rootfs_400rc1.sh and creating the firstrib_rootfs, I used in this case build_weedog_initrd-latest.sh to extract the vmlinuz and build the initrd.gz. This I can later swap out for initrd_v501-rc1.gz after I decompress it and add the Void kernel modules, but for now I'll use the initrd.gz and rootfs SFS built with the script.
Main reason I use the build_weedog_initrd-latest.sh is to extract the vmlinuz. I also delete all of the files in firstrib_rootfs -> /var/cache/xbps before running the 2nd stage build script.

Screenshot_2021-11-07_16-08-04.png
Screenshot_2021-11-07_16-08-04.png (65.06 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

I had to use repo selection #6 or #5 because using Germany or New York (and all other selections) failed because of certificate problems. I did a complete successful build using a Fossapup64 to run the build scripts and using repo #6 which is shown running in the screenshot, with slight modification and the addition of ROX , geany, mtPaint and palemoon copied from another frugally installed WDL-Void -jwm.

wiak

Re: Build of a WDL-Void-xfce4 with Void Linux Kernel

Post by wiak »

rockedge wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:55 pm

@wiak Using f_00_Void_generic_XFCE_WDLteam-rc5.plug which is based on the no-kernel plug file, with the added statements to install a Void Linux kernel. So after running the build script build_firstrib_rootfs_400rc1.sh and creating the firstrib_rootfs, I used in this case build_weedog_initrd-latest.sh to extract the vmlinuz and build the initrd.gz.
I had to use repo selection #6 or #5 because using Germany or New York (and all other selections) failed because of certificate problems.

Good that all worked. I have to revisit build_weedog_initrd in the near future since it is a good way to automate the initrd.gz building optimally with ease.

Not sure what causes these 'certificate' issues. Do you think it is at our WeeDog end or upstream repo issues? The build_firstrib script (Void builds) does donwload a certificates file I created long time ago and I wonder if that is needing updated (trouble is, I can't remember how I created the first one and have no notes about it - anyway, I need to refind out how to do that for later anyway).

Meanwhile, I downloaded your WDL Void xfce4 -rc4 iso yesterday with the idea of experimenting with it - particularly with loopback.cfg and isolinux.cfg to see if I can improve its abiliiy to use alternative WDL changes mode during iso or iso file booting.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond »

wiak wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:49 am

Not sure what causes these 'certificate' issues.

Most likely due to this: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-c ... mber-2021/

wiak

Post by wiak »

jamesbond wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:54 am
wiak wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:49 am

Not sure what causes these 'certificate' issues.

Most likely due to this: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-c ... mber-2021/

Yes that would be a likely culprit. I'll get round to making a new certs file as soon as I have some free time.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Users”