PETget

an incubator for software projects

Moderator: Forum moderators

scsijon

PETget

Post by scsijon »

Has anyone been 'playing' with petget recently?
I don't mean just adding new or different sites, but code.
The last I have from barryk is dated 180218 (2018 feb 18).
I want to have a go at fixing the overall screen size and the number of choosable repositories available to start with since were a little past the 640x480 nowadays.
Reasons:
-I do have a dist i'd like to build, i've been considering it on and off for years with a little work om it each time, except they have their repositories split accross at least 13 individual ones (currently), one for each of their menu catagories plus a 'general' one, there is a team leader for each, and our current petget just can't handle it.
-I'd also like it's window sizing / resizing to be a bit more friendly.

April

Re: PETget

Post by April »

PETget Package Manager supports zstd
July 12, 2020 — BarryK
The PPM was originally "Puppy Package Manager", but I have named it "PETget" in EasyOS, but you can still call it the PPM.

https://bkhome.org/news/202007/petget-p ... -zstd.html

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

scsijon

Re: PETget

Post by scsijon »

thank you april,
I must have missed that update, i shall review it in my latest woofq and re-extract it.

The real problem with petget is that it's built-in to the builder as part of the rootfs-skeleton. One of the things i'm looking at, only in the back of my mind at present, is if it can become an individual pet or not and what else needs to be included for it to work as such. Maybe BarryK could comment on this idea as i suspect he has considered it in the past.

Also, there is the problem with wayland, as at present i'm not sure it can work in a purely wayland environment as seems to be moving towards from some of the woof-ce teams. They may be modifying it to become unuseable in non-wayland systems. I shall also download woof-ce and see what they have done. Could/would someone from that side/end care to comment please.

Return to “Development”