Run Puppys in Virtualbox

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

Run Puppys in Virtualbox

Post by mikeslr »

This just a link to snoring_cat's post, viewtopic.php?p=37495#p37495. Thanks, snoring_cat, for providing the information. :thumbup:

@ rockedge, feel free to reassign this thread to anyone who wants it. As my post just before snoring_cat's noted, I haven't use virtualbox. Before writing that post I spent about twenty minutes unsuccessfully searching for the information snoring_cat provided. I thought it would be helpful in the future if someone could look in a logical place to find it.

mikeslr

Re: Run Puppys in Virtualbox or Vmware

Post by mikeslr »

I found the post providing instructions I had previously searched for. It was by rockedge on the old Forum, https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop ... 984837&i=2.

I guess my Search query didn't reveal it as rockedge's post came as a reply to blurk's question about running xenialpup in Vmware on a Mac. Near the bottom of that short thread blurk provides details of his efforts. Perhaps his most important discovery was:
"n the end I had to hand edit the VM settings file created by Fusion to change
Code: Select all
ide0:1.startConnected = "FALSE"
to
Code: Select all
ide0:1.startConnected = "TRUE"

Why it started the virtual CD-ROM as disconnected I don't know. I don't recall Fusion ever doing that before for any other virtual machine I've created."

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Run Puppys in Virtualbox

Post by rockedge »

I should rewrite the how-to install a VirtualBox Puppy Linux machine.

Return to “Virtualization”