when will we see the first release of BulleyesDog?

a very small Live CD shaped to look and act like Puppy Linux.

Moderator: fredx181

helloworld

when will we see the first release of BulleyesDog?

Post by helloworld »

Ask a question,when will we see the first release of BulleyesDog?

rcrsn51

Re: when will we see the first release of BulleyesDog?

Post by rcrsn51 »

helloworld wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:06 am

On May 25, 2021 when I released the Bullseye Starter Kit.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Any problem you have with running the Bullseye build script ?
Then you can build an ISO with your own preferences.

helloworld

Post by helloworld »

fredx181 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:37 pm

well,i havent done anything with build script.I always thought that the build script was just a tool app for people who wanted to fully customize their dogs and there would be a official release of bulleyesdog.
But ,i think it is necessary to make a official release ,which is convenient for most general people.You know,usually a user wants to install a OS,he/she will tend to just go to the website and simply download it.I think he/she prefers the off-the-rack than a tool app.Of course,if one day he/she wants deeply customize a OS,the tool app is already there for him/her.Like it is said that puppy is grandpa-friendly,you dont want a grandpa to make a OS

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

helloworld wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 am

well,i havent done anything with build script.I always thought that the build script was just a tool app for people who wanted to fully customize their dogs and there would be a official release of bulleyesdog.
But ,i think it is necessary to make a official release ,which is convenient for most general people.You know,usually a user wants to install a OS,he/she will tend to just go to the website and simply download it.I think he/she prefers the off-the-rack than a tool app.Of course,if one day he/she wants deeply customize a OS,the tool app is already there for him/her.Like it is said that puppy is grandpa-friendly,you dont want a grandpa to make a OS

You got a point of course that downloading a pre-fab ISO is more convenient, still I invite you to try the build script, it's easy ! (well... IMHO).
It takes a bit more effort, but lots of advantages when building an ISO with your own preferences, e.g. choice of several Desktop Environments, run with systemd or not, set your locale etc... and of course the choices which packages to include or not.
EDIT: If I'd be a little more crazy than I am, I could make (and upload) 10+ ISO's all with a different setup, but that's too much...
Also, just to mention, I have no objection if anyone shares an ISO made with the build script (as done already earlier, btw)

Fred

helloworld

Post by helloworld »

fredx181 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:23 pm
helloworld wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 am

You got a point of course that downloading a pre-fab ISO is more convenient, still I invite you to try the build script, it's easy ! (well... IMHO).
It takes a bit more effort, but lots of advantages when building an ISO with your own preferences, e.g. choice of several Desktop Environments, run with systemd or not, set your locale etc... and of course the choices which packages to include or not.
EDIT: If I'd be a little more crazy than I am, I could make (and upload) 10+ ISO's all with a different setup, but that's too much...
Also, just to mention, I have no objection if anyone shares an ISO made with the build script (as done already earlier, btw)

Fred

In fact,no need to upload too many isoes,just follow the tradition (i mean,like the previous debian&&ubuntu dogs releases,just copy their setups ),1-3 is enough.The point is ,make sure the few isoes are with good quality,so,they can make a good name for the name "DEBIANDOG"

Return to “DebianDogs”